X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches Preseason Poll

https://greatamericanconference.com/...-favorite.aspx

GAC Coaches Poll is out

Only surprising picks were between #3 Southeastern and #4 Henderson - Typically the preseason poll is the same as the previous years end of season standing, or so it seems.
    I'm sure the coaches poll will become great bulletin board material for locker rooms across the GAC!

It feels like the GAC lost a lot of key contributors across the board. When you combine that with several coaching changes, I think this will make for an interesting season. It is also going to be interesting to see if SE can become the first OK school to win the GAC football title.

Comment

Comment

I sure hope you're right. We do have a couple of holes on offense on the line and at the smaller rb position. Wheeler our big bruiser back is still in place. All of our wr's, 3 lineman, and our Qb are returning. And Daulton says our defense is super fast flying all over the field. Should be a really competitive season in the GAC. September 1st can't come soon enough for me other than the 7 hr drive to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post

I sure hope you're right. We do have a couple of holes on offense on the line and at the smaller rb position. Wheeler our big bruiser back is still in place. All of our wr's, 3 lineman, and our Qb are returning. And Daulton says our defense is super fast flying all over the field. Should be a really competitive season in the GAC. September 1st can't come soon enough for me other than the 7 hr drive to the game.
          Do you know how many returning starters on defense there are for SEOK? I do not recall them mentioning a certain number during the virtual media day?

Comment

You really think it will take half the season for the offense to get in sync? They have had spring ball, and all summer to lay a foundation and develop chemistry between the new players who will be stepping into new roles. After watching Coach Simmons media day, I think Harding will be just fine. Plus, their defense will give the offense multiple opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

Do you know how many returning starters on defense there are for SEOK? I do not recall them mentioning a certain number during the virtual media day?
              Man i'm not positive but I'm thinking they are pretty similar to the offense and that they only lost like 3 starters. Don't quote me on that. But they do that platoon thing where they run in like a whole new line every 3-4 plays or a whole new lb group or db group. I do think they keep their core studs on the field at all times but they do a ton of rotations. I just know Daulton says they're really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

You really think it will take half the season for the offense to get in sync? They have had spring ball, and all summer to lay a foundation and develop chemistry between the new players who will be stepping into new roles. After watching Coach Simmons media day, I think Harding will be just fine. Plus, their defense will give the offense multiple opportunities.

Comment

I think SE's biggest issue this season is going to be can they consistently finish the game strong. The inconsistency last year seem to be more a product of inexperience having that kind of success. While speed on D is good, they are going to need to be consistent physically throughout the game. Speed on D does no good if the other team can sumo slap one's team around the field at will. If SE can address the consistency issues on both sides of the ball, there is no reason in my mind why they couldn't take home the GAC crown.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                    I think SE's biggest issue this season is going to be can they consistently finish the game strong. The inconsistency last year seem to be more a product of inexperience having that kind of success. While speed on D is good, they are going to need to be consistent physically throughout the game. Speed on D does no good if the other team can sumo slap one's team around the field at will. If SE can address the consistency issues on both sides of the ball, there is no reason in my mind why they couldn't take home the GAC crown.
                    My big one is dumba$$ penalties for smack talking, or shoving matches, or late hits. We cleaned it up some last season but man they have a tendency to get baited into some stupid penalties. And it always seems to happen right after a big play or important drive. Hopefully because this is an older team they will have the maturity not to make those bonehead mistakes this season. That and inuries. Seems like some of the faster guys are like fine tuned sports cars and any little thing causes something to get tweaked. I guess that's the price to pay for guys that have the ability to run so fast is that maybe sometimes their bodies break down more often due to the abnormal stress it puts on them to be so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                      It feels like the GAC lost a lot of key contributors across the board. When you combine that with several coaching changes, I think this will make for an interesting season. It is also going to be interesting to see if SE can become the first OK school to win the GAC football title.
                      I believe Ouachita has 10 starters back on offense and 6 or 7 on defense. SE also returns a lot. Harding and Reddies dealing with departures more than the other two top teams.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

I believe Ouachita has 10 starters back on offense and 6 or 7 on defense. SE also returns a lot. Harding and Reddies dealing with departures more than the other two top teams.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X