Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBU/Harding

Alright now that the game day is done Ouachita can now focus on what could be the Game of the Year in the GAC. A top 10 matchup that is always entertaining. OBU’s offense looked really good against Tech this evening. I will say something though. The Ouachita starting defense has only allowed 3 total touchdowns all season. Most of the points that have been given up have been to the backups. It’s going to be a heck of a game as it usually always is. I can’t wait for this, what I classify as a respect rivalry.

Yep. I think the Bisons’ defense will hold the Ouachita offense to three TDs or less. The question is whether or not the Bisons’ offense can score more than 21 points in the Tiger’s defense.

Comment

Watched a majority of the Ouachita vs Tech game before Harding started and for OBU's first real test of the season that was as an explosive of an offense as I've seen from them in awhile. Super well blocked run game with quick hitters to outside blocked as well. Combine that with a very uninspired tackling/angles from Tech and game was within hand after first 2 possessions. Harm's is decent but still ready to see him have to make some tough throws which I personally haven't seen much of so far this year, but honestly hasn't been needed with how well that rush offense is rolling and the shifty guys they have in the slot. Premium will be placed on gap integrity and run fits in this game as well as tackling in space which OBU has thrived on.. More interested to see how physical OBU defense is towards HU after last year's game and how well they contain the 3rd phase of the triple which is where HU always has had success in years past.

In my opinion HU has been more battle tested so far this year with schedule which is to their advantage. There's also a lot to be said about OBU finishing games in the first half too in staying fresh. The Bible Bowl never disappoints and wish I could be in Arkadelphia to witness it firsthand.

Comment

Good analysis, Doc. Considering how good the Tiger defense is this year I have a feeling we’re about to find out how good our offense is without Omar Sinclair, a RF QB and two less experienced fullbacks.

Comment

Game moved to 7pm.

It was originally slated for 6pm.

Comment

I was hoping for the 6 pm kickoff. 7:00 pm start is going to make for a late night arrival back in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
              I was hoping for the 6 pm kickoff. 7:00 pm start is going to make for a late night arrival back in Dallas.
              They way both these teams run it may be over by 8:30!

That’s a long drive. I say take advantage of some local hotels, could even stay out at the State Park at DeGray Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

They way both these teams run it may be over by 8:30!

That’s a long drive. I say take advantage of some local hotels, could even stay out at the State Park at DeGray Lake.
                That’s for sure. Love the State Park idea. Never been to it but I hear it’s beautiful one. Got to get back for church Sunday morning. Can’t go to the “Bible Bowl” on Saturday night and skip church on Sunday. Ha!

Comment

Ended up siding with Ouachita at home for the column. Talk about splitting hairs, though. Curious everyone's thoughts on Ouachita maybe opening the passing game up more in this one vs. the disadvantage that poses by taking the ball out of Cole and Givens hands.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
                    Ended up siding with Ouachita at home for the column. Talk about splitting hairs, though. Curious everyone's thoughts on Ouachita maybe opening the passing game up more in this one vs. the disadvantage that poses by taking the ball out of Cole and Givens hands.
                    I’d be willing to bet they haven’t shown lots of their passing game to keep it off film…and will use it if need be. Cole and Givens will get plenty of work though and if they keep having similar success Tigers might not throw much.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
                      Now that their QB situation has improved from last year I expect the Tigers to throw more. It compliments their strong running game and gives them other options if the Bisons’ defense has success against their rushing attack. It’s going to be a tough game for my Bisons, like it usually is. My guess it will come down to which team has the better kicking game or has the fewest turnovers.

Comment

If Cole and Givens are OBU’s two best weapons, then give them the ball as much as possible and do not take it out of their hands. A good example being the various wildcat formations that utilize both players skill sets. I have seen the description/questions that OBU can/should “open up their passing game” because their QB played one solid game through the air. They throw shallow routes and screens down the field and play action pass to the TE up the seam, or even on wheel routes, like they did against Tech. They will hit a 1 on 1 from time to time, but their identify is to run the ball and throw sparingly. This has been the case this year, last year, and the year prior. Their run heavy, pass sparingly offense is what works for them. While the QB did play an excellent game against Tech and their defense, Tech is not the same beast they will see this week.

If OBU decided of all weeks to start throwing the ball more, or opening up their passing offense, this week isn’t the week to do so. They will stick to the same short throw plan as they have when they want to throw, and they should because of the Bisons defense, and more importantly the Defensive Line. Now that I have said that, watch for OBU to come out and throw the ball 30 times for 250 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post
                          If Cole and Givens are OBU’s two best weapons, then give them the ball as much as possible and do not take it out of their hands. A good example being the various wildcat formations that utilize both players skill sets. I have seen the description/questions that OBU can/should “open up their passing game” because their QB played one solid game through the air. They throw shallow routes and screens down the field and play action pass to the TE up the seam, or even on wheel routes, like they did against Tech. They will hit a 1 on 1 from time to time, but their identify is to run the ball and throw sparingly. This has been the case this year, last year, and the year prior. Their run heavy, pass sparingly offense is what works for them. While the QB did play an excellent game against Tech and their defense, Tech is not the same beast they will see this week.

If OBU decided of all weeks to start throwing the ball more, or opening up their passing offense, this week isn’t the week to do so. They will stick to the same short throw plan as they have when they want to throw, and they should because of the Bisons defense, and more importantly the Defensive Line. Now that I have said that, watch for OBU to come out and throw the ball 30 times for 250 yards.
                          If they throw 30 times I think they lose…unless it’s for like 400 yards

Comment

Last time (2018 and 2019) the Bisons were this young in the offensive backfield the Tigers were effective in defending the Flexbone. I took for them to open up their offense not because they need to but because they want to.

Comment

13-14 OBU at half. Harding special teams has left 4 points on the field in the first half.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X