Clear All

Henderson State @ Southern Arkansas. by 17

Harding @ Ouachita Baptist by 7

Southwestern OK @ Oklahoma Baptist by 14

Southern Nazarene @ Southeastern OK by 24

Northwestern OK @ East Central by 14

Arkansas Tech @ Monticello by 17

Comment

When I sat down to determine my predictions for the games this week I became curious about the predicted winner’s percentage of guesses in their favor. I’ll include that in my comments for each game.

Henderson @ Southern Arkansas: This was the only game where 100% of picks went to one team. HSU has been tabbed to win this game with a score somewhere in the teens. My pick is Henderson by 10.

Game of the Week in the GAC with National Implications: Harding @ Ouachita Baptist: This was a split of 50-50 on the winning team. Both have strong defenses, offenses that can score quickly or can eat up clock time and then score and kickers that have long range accuracy. Several comments have centered on Harding having a red shirt freshman QB but he has risen to the occasion thru the first three games. Ouachita has two great backs to carry the ball. Harding has back that also know how to move the ball. Slot back speed might be the one thing to overcome both strong defenses. Looks like a couple of touchdowns and a field goal for each team with one rising to get one additional touchdown to set the final score. Predicted scoring margins for this game fall between 1-10. My pick is Harding by 7.

Southwestern Oklahoma @ Oklahoma Baptist: OKBU garnered 65% of the picks to win. Southwest is showing signs to making some noise while OKBU has not shown the same grit as previous year. This pick was a little harder to make as I see OKBU making noise as a possible spoiler and SWOSU to gain some wins throughout the season. In the end I am going with the home team. My pick is Oklahoma Baptist by 7.

Southern Nazarene @ Southeastern Oklahoma: This was a lopsided pick for SEO getting 91% of the picks to win. And with that we move on . . . My pick is Southeastern Oklahoma by 21.

Northwest Oklahoma @ East Central Oklahoma: This was a 71% pick overall for a win by the home team. Northwest has to show they can move the ball and stop the guys on the other side of the line. East Central has the weapons to punch through and take the lead in the end. My pick is East Central by 13.

Arkansas Tech @ Arkansas Monticello: This also was a pick of 71% pick for the win by the home team. Both teams are on the rise with improvement over the previous year and they both can play spoiler for some of the middle tier teams this year. Either team can put together a great game plan and then execute that game plan fairly well so in the end, one has come out on top. After consideration of the season so far this pick was not easy as I see both teams being about equal so far but and the home team gets the nod. My pick is Monticello by 7.

Comment

Henderson State is going to overwhelm SAU with the physical run game. HSU by 14

OBU vs Harding is such a great matchup, but in the end OBU by 10

OKBU ran the ball really well vs the Rangers last week. They beat the Bulldogs. OKBU by 7

SEOSU is going to treat SNU like they did SWOSU last week, but SNU doesn't have the offense. SE by 31

The Rangers will finally pull one out this week in Ada. I do see it being a hard fought game, but feel really good about this pick and they get a win for Walter. NWOSU by 7.

Very intriguing matchup. Monticellos QB is very dynamic and defense looks better. Monticello by 10.

Comment

Henderson State @ Southern Arkansas - HSU by 14

Harding @ Ouachita Baptist - OBU by 10

Southwestern Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma Baptist - OKBU by 7

Southern Nazarene @ Southeastern Oklahoma State - SOSU by 24

Northwestern Oklahoma State @ East Central - NWOSU by 17

Arkansas Tech @ Arkansas-Monticello - ATU by 3

Comment

Henderson by 11
            Harding by 4
            SWOSU by 10
            SEOSU by 31