Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this in the D2 Ticker newsletter...

MIAA Commissioner Racy expresses some frustration with the FB selection process with a number of top teams nationally housed in Region III: “For the MIAA on selection day to be worried about a second team into the playoffs, I think we can do better than that. I think there’s some things that we’re going to need to look at as a conference and that’s the way we schedule and I think there are things that need to be looked at nationally.” Broadly, Racy takes issue with the emphasis on strength of schedule over in-region record, continuing: “The GAC and the MIAA have close schedules, but we’ve built our membership around that. We value football. We value the sponsorship of football and we want our schools to have opponents in the region to play but the selection committee instead put a lot of weight on strength of schedule and that is a measuring tool that really penalizes our conference.” (link)

Comment

SILO scheduling needs to end. It's holding the GAC back, and it's keeping the MIAA out.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
        Saw this in the D2 Ticker newsletter...

MIAA Commissioner Racy expresses some frustration with the FB selection process with a number of top teams nationally housed in Region III: “For the MIAA on selection day to be worried about a second team into the playoffs, I think we can do better than that. I think there’s some things that we’re going to need to look at as a conference and that’s the way we schedule and I think there are things that need to be looked at nationally.” Broadly, Racy takes issue with the emphasis on strength of schedule over in-region record, continuing: “The GAC and the MIAA have close schedules, but we’ve built our membership around that. We value football. We value the sponsorship of football and we want our schools to have opponents in the region to play but the selection committee instead put a lot of weight on strength of schedule and that is a measuring tool that really penalizes our conference.” (link)

Uh, how can a school from the region play ANY team in the MIAA? What is he saying? I do agree that they need to look at scheduling and other selection and placement issues though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X