Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisonfan from FLA View Post
    Though there is not discord between the schools, I don't think Harding would be a first choice for UCA to seek another Arkansas school to join them in the ASUN. If any school in Arkansas might be a strong consideration due to closeness I would think Arkansas Tech would be the first choice to speak to about moving to the ASUN. They are closer by 9 miles.
    From a far outsiders' perspective, I feel Tech makes more sense anyway given their size. I know that's not the only consideration to be had, but I'd imagine it's a definite factor.

Comment

I agree Tech, or even Henderson, makes more sense considering enrollments and size of stadiums. Does anyone if moving up to FCS was a part of the conversation when Henderson was taken into the Arkansas State system a couple of years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
        I agree Tech, or even Henderson, makes more sense considering enrollments and size of stadiums. Does anyone if moving up to FCS was a part of the conversation when Henderson was taken into the Arkansas State system a couple of years ago?
        No way Henderson could do it. They’ve got major financial issues they are still clearing up.

I’d say this is all much ado about nothing. Just cause UCA wanted it doesn’t mean anyone would do it or the ASun allow it.
        Last edited by OBUGrad; 11-05-2022, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Among the many reasons to not move to D1 or the Atlantic Sun is the travel. The GAC was formed to cut travel costs. Why join a conference that would put us in a worse situation than what it was in the GSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
            Among the many reasons to not move to D1 or the Atlantic Sun is the travel. The GAC was formed to cut travel costs. Why join a conference that would put us in a worse situation than what it was in the GSC.
            Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Speaking of distance and conferences, I just heard this morning that UCA is trying to recruit a close-by school to the ASUN and Harding was mentioned as one of two schools they are targeting. SEMO was the other.

Y’all hearing any rumors?
              Yes, I heard a former commissioner said they had informal talks with Harding.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                And, of course, not just football.

Comment

From my tour of GAC facilities, a major, major, major upgrade in sports maketing would be ever so important. You don't make it in D1AA with endzone banners.

Comment

None of them make sense.

The thing to remember, UCA's interest in a regional partner is all about UCA - almost nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

None of them make sense.

The thing to remember, UCA's interest in a regional partner is all about UCA - almost nothing about them.
                      AMEN Brandon. They chose to move up to a level that increased their travel distance and competition. Now they want things to make it easier for them but not the schools that might move up.

The current Arkansas and Oklahome schools in the GAC would be better served to work out an Out of Conference game deal with the MIAA, GSC and LSC to help all teams improve play and shorten some travel and increase their own benefits, not the benefit of UCA. The old expression is "you made your bed, now lie in it."

Comment

Originally posted by CoolBison View Post

Yes, I heard a former commissioner said they had informal talks with Harding.
                        Interesting. Thanks for the post!
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

None of them make sense.

And they constantly say they want FBS. So, I mean, it’s not very inviting to say “come, join us, but we want to leave.” Lol.
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

But, UCA wants a conference addition closer to them that's not Florida or Georgia. Can't blame them. UNA is their closest conference foe at 313 miles from Conway to Florence. It was similar for them in the Southland.
                            So . . . it's not UCA wanting a travel partner, it's the whole conference wanting nearby travel for non-football sports, i.e. basketball trips.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolBison View Post

So . . . it's not UCA wanting a travel partner, it's the whole conference wanting nearby travel for non-football sports, i.e. basketball trips.
                              UNA is a bit closer into the current ASUN West footprint with Lipscomb, APSU, Bellarmine, EKU, and Jax State. UCA is on the western tip of the division.
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

UNA is a bit closer into the current ASUN West footprint with Lipscomb, APSU, Bellarmine, EKU, and Jax State. UCA is on the western tip of the division.
                                Hence, ASUN teams can play two teams on the same road trip to UCA and whomever,

I mentioned before sports better marketing improvement$ as being one avenue of leaving D2. Another major measurement would be size of the institution's endowment. Can a university afford to move up to the re$ponsibilities? tI's more than enrollment and stadium capacity.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X