X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReddieMade
    replied
    Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post

I'll play devil's advocate. Although you make great points. Henderson is a run heavy team. This in turn leaves the defense more focused on stopping the run by stacking the box which opens things up more for the Wr's. On the other hand SE is a pass heavy team which means the defense doesn't have to stack the box to stop the run. This puts more Db's back in coverage to stop the pass. Gray gets way more attention in coverage than Malone. This usually means he's double teamed every game. Watch his catches he's constantly outbattling Db's for the ball. Now that being said both are studs and I think if you flipped them and Gray played at Henderson and Malone at SE you'd still see pretty similar numbers. What makes a dude a dude is that he's a dude no matter where he plays. A dog is always gonna eat!
    Henderson is really not a run heavy team, Henderson is very balanced on offense. Perhaps the only truly balanced offense in the league in terms of 50-50 split. One of like 5 teams in the country averaging 230+ passing and 200+ rushing a game. You can’t hold the fact that HSU can actually run the ball against Malone like that’s some knock against him. Trust me, Malone has been doubled team every game for the last seven weeks, he’s just too fast to cover.

Also, you say “Gray gets way more attention from the coverage than Malone” then promptly announce you’ve never seen Malone play and you’d love to see his highlights? That kinda undermines your argument.

Leave a comment:

• ReddieMade
    replied
    Andrew Edwards went head to head with Cole Keylon on the road and outplayed him and beat his team. I would hope coaches would take notice of that. Edwards should win FOTY.

OPOTY will either be TJ Cole or Porter from SNU. Don’t be shocked if Porter gets it. He’s the true “MVP” of this league. His team would be 0-11 without him but will have its best NCAA record ever almost solely because of him.

Nate Wallace of Harding should be DPOTY. By far the best defensive player I saw this year. There’s no close second place.

Coach of the Year will be Knight or McCullough. History says Knight will get it.

Leave a comment:

• OldBison
    replied
    Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

Andrew Edwards - HSU Redshirt Freshman QB
    125/193 = 65%
    1905 Passing Yards + 18 TD's
    168 Rushing Yards + 3 TD's

7-1 as a starter
    Agree. Edward’s being 4th in the conference in passing is more impressive than Keylon being 11th in rushing through 10 games.

Leave a comment:

• Baldsexy
    replied

Which of the multiple 65+ yard TD’s would you like to view?
    As a fan any that you have.

Leave a comment:

• NattyStateFan
    replied
    Watch this catch by Gray. He has amazing hands and body control. I haven't gotten to see any Malone highlights but I'd love to if anybody has them to post.

​​​​​​http://www.hudl.com/v/2Jm0HT
    Which of the multiple 65+ yard TD’s would you like to view?

Leave a comment:

• Baldsexy
    replied
    Watch this catch by Gray. He has amazing hands and body control. I haven't gotten to see any Malone highlights but I'd love to if anybody has them to post.

​​​​​​http://www.hudl.com/v/2Jm0HT

Leave a comment:

• Baldsexy
    replied

Both are excellent WR’s, and the two best WR’s in the conference.
    HSU passing stats = 149/236
    SEOK passing stats = 238/360 (124 more passing attempts that HSU)

124 more passing attempts = 8 more receptions, 22 yards, and 3 TD’s all in favor of M. Gray (At this point)

Imagine what X. Malone stats would be if HSU threw the ball 124 more times. While both are tremendous, my point is that Malone has made more of his opportunities while having less. 124 team passing attempts less to be exact.
    Conference? More like in the nation!

Leave a comment:

• Baldsexy
    replied

I'll play devil's advocate. Although you make great points. Henderson is a run heavy team. This in turn leaves the defense more focused on stopping the run by stacking the box which opens things up more for the Wr's. On the other hand SE is a pass heavy team which means the defense doesn't have to stack the box to stop the run. This puts more Db's back in coverage to stop the pass. Gray gets way more attention in coverage than Malone. This usually means he's double teamed every game. Watch his catches he's constantly outbattling Db's for the ball. Now that being said both are studs and I think if you flipped them and Gray played at Henderson and Malone at SE you'd still see pretty similar numbers. What makes a dude a dude is that he's a dude no matter where he plays. A dog is always gonna eat!
    I will say that I think this only applies to the Wr and Rb position. Qb is a different animal being that there are 3 completely different types of Qb's that can be successful in DII football. Players like T.J.Cole, Marquis Gray, and Xavier Malone would all 3 still be studs on any team in the GAC except for Gray and Malone at Harding. But the same cannot be said for some of the top GAC Qb's.

Leave a comment:

• Baldsexy
    replied

124 more passing attempts = 8 more receptions, 22 yards, and 3 TD’s all in favor of M. Gray (At this point)

Imagine what X. Malone stats would be if HSU threw the ball 124 more times. While both are tremendous, my point is that Malone has made more of his opportunities while having less. 124 team passing attempts less to be exact.

Leave a comment:

• NattyStateFan
    replied
    comparison of Xavier Malone and Marquis Gray

Marquis Gray 66 receptions 1,266 yards 16 Td's
    Xavier Malone 58 receptions 1,244 yards 13 Td's
    This is through 10 games both could improve in final game. Very close race for Wr1 in the GAC

Leave a comment:

• Baldsexy
    replied
    So, I don't have a clue about the defensive players or the freshman as I mainly spend my time watching offensive guys. But, here are the offensive players that I have watched this season that stood out to me and their projected final numbers. Again, it's probably a done deal for T.J. Cole but here are my other nomineess just to make it interesting. And I'll apologize ahead of time if I left anyone out. Please feel free to add anyone who may be deserving of a mention.

T.J. Cole Rb Ouchita projected final numbers 1,650-1,700 yards rushing with 25-26 touchdowns
    Marquis Gray Wr Southeastern projected final numbers 1,350-1,400 recieving yards with 17-18 touchdowns
    Tylan Morton Qb Southwestern projected final numbers 2,550-2,600 passing yards with 21 touchdowns 450 rushing yards with 4 touchdowns 58-59% completion rate
    Gage Porter SNU Qb projected final numbers 1,200 passing yards with 10 touchdowns 1,650 rushing yards with 26 touchdowns 61-62% completion rate
    Daulton Hatley Qb Southeastern projected final numbers 3,200 passing yards with 30-31 touchdowns 67-68% completion rate

I also believe Demilon Brown Qb UAM would have made this list if not for missing the final 3 games due to his injury
    I apologize for overlooking Xavier Malon Wr Henderson. Thanks for adding his name to the conversation. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Leave a comment:

• Baldsexy
    replied
    By looking at the above numbers I'd have to say Andrew Edwards would edge out Cole Keylon for FOY if I had to pick.

Leave a comment:

• Baldsexy
    replied
    comparison of Xavier Malone and Marquis Gray

Marquis Gray 66 receptions 1,266 yards 16 Td's
    Xavier Malone 58 receptions 1,244 yards 13 Td's
    This is through 10 games both could improve in final game. Very close race for Wr1 in the GAC

Leave a comment:

• NattyStateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by OldBison View Post
    Harding RS Freshman QB Cole Keylon is the best freshman ( RF or true) I can think of right now. His 623 yards of rushing and 5 TDS through 10 games is not all that impressive and because he runs the Flexbone his passing yardage is very low although he has thrown a fairly high percentage of his for TDS. There’s not another freshman RB, WR or defender in the conference with impressive numbers. Unless there’s an outstanding kicker or punter I’m missing, I’d say Keylon is the best candidate.
    Andrew Edwards - HSU Redshirt Freshman QB
    125/193 = 65%
    1905 Passing Yards + 18 TD's
    168 Rushing Yards + 3 TD's

7-1 as a starter

Leave a comment:

• OldBison
    replied
    Harding RS Freshman QB Cole Keylon is the best freshman ( RF or true) I can think of right now. His 623 yards of rushing and 5 TDS through 10 games is not all that impressive and because he runs the Flexbone his passing yardage is very low although he has thrown a fairly high percentage of his for TDS. There’s not another freshman RB, WR or defender in the conference with impressive numbers. Unless there’s an outstanding kicker or punter I’m missing, I’d say Keylon is the best candidate.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X