Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

Both are excellent WR’s, and the two best WR’s in the conference.
    HSU passing stats = 149/236
    SEOK passing stats = 238/360 (124 more passing attempts that HSU)

124 more passing attempts = 8 more receptions, 22 yards, and 3 TD’s all in favor of M. Gray (At this point)

Imagine what X. Malone stats would be if HSU threw the ball 124 more times. While both are tremendous, my point is that Malone has made more of his opportunities while having less. 124 team passing attempts less to be exact.
    Conference? More like in the nation!

Comment

Watch this catch by Gray. He has amazing hands and body control. I haven't gotten to see any Malone highlights but I'd love to if anybody has them to post.

​​​​​​http://www.hudl.com/v/2Jm0HT

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post
        Watch this catch by Gray. He has amazing hands and body control. I haven't gotten to see any Malone highlights but I'd love to if anybody has them to post.

​​​​​​http://www.hudl.com/v/2Jm0HT
        Which of the multiple 65+ yard TD’s would you like to view?

Comment

Which of the multiple 65+ yard TD’s would you like to view?
          As a fan any that you have.

Comment

Andrew Edwards - HSU Redshirt Freshman QB
            125/193 = 65%
            1905 Passing Yards + 18 TD's
            168 Rushing Yards + 3 TD's

7-1 as a starter
            Agree. Edward’s being 4th in the conference in passing is more impressive than Keylon being 11th in rushing through 10 games.

Comment

Andrew Edwards went head to head with Cole Keylon on the road and outplayed him and beat his team. I would hope coaches would take notice of that. Edwards should win FOTY.

OPOTY will either be TJ Cole or Porter from SNU. Don’t be shocked if Porter gets it. He’s the true “MVP” of this league. His team would be 0-11 without him but will have its best NCAA record ever almost solely because of him.

Nate Wallace of Harding should be DPOTY. By far the best defensive player I saw this year. There’s no close second place.

Coach of the Year will be Knight or McCullough. History says Knight will get it.

Comment

I'll play devil's advocate. Although you make great points. Henderson is a run heavy team. This in turn leaves the defense more focused on stopping the run by stacking the box which opens things up more for the Wr's. On the other hand SE is a pass heavy team which means the defense doesn't have to stack the box to stop the run. This puts more Db's back in coverage to stop the pass. Gray gets way more attention in coverage than Malone. This usually means he's double teamed every game. Watch his catches he's constantly outbattling Db's for the ball. Now that being said both are studs and I think if you flipped them and Gray played at Henderson and Malone at SE you'd still see pretty similar numbers. What makes a dude a dude is that he's a dude no matter where he plays. A dog is always gonna eat!
                Henderson is really not a run heavy team, Henderson is very balanced on offense. Perhaps the only truly balanced offense in the league in terms of 50-50 split. One of like 5 teams in the country averaging 230+ passing and 200+ rushing a game. You can’t hold the fact that HSU can actually run the ball against Malone like that’s some knock against him. Trust me, Malone has been doubled team every game for the last seven weeks, he’s just too fast to cover.

Also, you say “Gray gets way more attention from the coverage than Malone” then promptly announce you’ve never seen Malone play and you’d love to see his highlights? That kinda undermines your argument.

Comment

Kids a stud!

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
                    Andrew Edwards went head to head with Cole Keylon on the road and outplayed him and beat his team. I would hope coaches would take notice of that. Edwards should win FOTY.

OPOTY will either be TJ Cole or Porter from SNU. Don’t be shocked if Porter gets it. He’s the true “MVP” of this league. His team would be 0-11 without him but will have its best NCAA record ever almost solely because of him.

Nate Wallace of Harding should be DPOTY. By far the best defensive player I saw this year. There’s no close second place.

Coach of the Year will be Knight or McCullough. History says Knight will get it.
                    Nate Wallace, Harding defense end, did a good year. His being #6 in sacks and #16 in tackles for loss was impressive for a freshman but I don’t see him beating out the other top defenders in the conference for DPOY.

Comment

Correction. Nate Wallace is a junior, not freshman. Wish he was a freshman. I’d love to have 3 more years of what he’s been doing to offensive lineman.

Comment

The thing i wonder about is a bias towards a teams record. Is the award based soley on a playerd numbers or do they also have to be on a great team? Let's say a player was on a 3-8 team but had unbelievable numbers and was up against a player on a 8-3 team who didn't quite have the numbers. I tend to believe that whoever the voters are will always defer to the player on the better team. Also think Marquis Gray Wr at SE should be in the mix for offensive player of the year.
                        I think you're right and I think that's how it should be.

There are so many factors that influence (even the opportunity) offensive statistics.

Comment

OPOY - IMO it has to be Gage Porter. Like ReddieMade said, that team would be 0-11 if they didn't have him. He has carried this team. TJ Cole will win, but I'm far more impressed with what Porter has done. It's much easier to put up numbers behind the OBU line than it is behind the SNU line.

DPOY - Maalik Hall from SEOSU. 8th in total tackles, and top 5 in both TFL and Sacks. Close 2nd would be Wallace from Harding

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                            OPOY - IMO it has to be Gage Porter. Like ReddieMade said, that team would be 0-11 if they didn't have him. He has carried this team. TJ Cole will win, but I'm far more impressed with what Porter has done. It's much easier to put up numbers behind the OBU line than it is behind the SNU line.

DPOY - Maalik Hall from SEOSU. 8th in total tackles, and top 5 in both TFL and Sacks. Close 2nd would be Wallace from Harding
                            The numbers TJ Cole would have if he had as many carries as Porter would be ridiculous. He’d be over 1,800 yards and 30TDs

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

The numbers TJ Cole would have if he had as many carries as Porter would be ridiculous. He’d be over 1,800 yards and 30TDs
                              True. But the fact that the backup RB from OBU has almost the same yards per carry as TJ Cole says more about the OLine talent than it does the RB talent. Not a knock at all, OBU is just very talented up front. I wish they would have fed TJ Cole more.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X