Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Years War

It's here! East Central vs Southeastern, the 100 years war.

A recap of the Tiger's season so far:
    A bumpy start, no doubt. I voiced my concerns about some things on this board, and I'm glad to say I was mostly wrong. The Tigers are on pace to have the best year they have had in over a decade. Coach McCullough has done a great job improving on what Coach Johnson started.

Defensively, Coach John Liternta has done an outstanding job with this unit. Our defense as it stands right now is #2 is points and yards allowed. I sure hope he stays and continues to lead this side of the ball. Him leaving would be devastating to our team.

Offensively, there have been bright spots and not so bright spots. Inconsistency is really the problem for me here. One week we light it up, the next week we stink it up. Up by 4 against OUA... 2 picks to lose the game. Manageable score against HU, zero offensive production. ATU game, zero offensive production. Kenny is a good player, but he is a gun slinger. There is good and bad that come with that. For our team to take the next step, this is where the improvement will have to be.

Looking forward to beating the brakes of the school in Durant this week. Go Tigers!

There's no question that the DC has done a phenomenal job and that ECU's defense is one of the best in the conference. I hope ECU can keep him for atleast 1 more year. Offense has improved from last year quite a bit. I think the difference in ECU offense and some of the top offenses is having a #1 WR. ECU doesn't have a 1st or 2nd all-conference receiver. IF ECU does get one for next year with everyone coming back, you could see them getting to top 3-4 in conference. ECU is also very rarely running tempo. They are a top 5 team nationally in time of possession. You don't normally see these teams as top offenses because of fewer possessions.
    It is going to be an exciting game! And then off to a bowl game for ECU

Comment

Obviously I'm hoping for a SE win. But I really just hope we get to see a good well played ballgame.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post
        Obviously I'm hoping for a SE win. But I really just hope we get to see a good well played ballgame.
        And good weather with no wind would be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post
          There's no question that the DC has done a phenomenal job and that ECU's defense is one of the best in the conference. I hope ECU can keep him for atleast 1 more year. Offense has improved from last year quite a bit. I think the difference in ECU offense and some of the top offenses is having a #1 WR. ECU doesn't have a 1st or 2nd all-conference receiver. IF ECU does get one for next year with everyone coming back, you could see them getting to top 3-4 in conference. ECU is also very rarely running tempo. They are a top 5 team nationally in time of possession. You don't normally see these teams as top offenses because of fewer possessions.
          It is going to be an exciting game! And then off to a bowl game for ECU
          The tempo is a whole other deal as well. I love the model... Play great defense and hold the ball. However, I don't thin you can win the big game doing that. Sooner or later, you're going to have run with some tempo to score points.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post
            It's here! East Central vs Southeastern, the 100 years war.

A recap of the Tiger's season so far:
            A bumpy start, no doubt. I voiced my concerns about some things on this board, and I'm glad to say I was mostly wrong. The Tigers are on pace to have the best year they have had in over a decade. Coach McCullough has done a great job improving on what Coach Johnson started.

Defensively, Coach John Liternta has done an outstanding job with this unit. Our defense as it stands right now is #2 is points and yards allowed. I sure hope he stays and continues to lead this side of the ball. Him leaving would be devastating to our team.

Offensively, there have been bright spots and not so bright spots. Inconsistency is really the problem for me here. One week we light it up, the next week we stink it up. Up by 4 against OUA... 2 picks to lose the game. Manageable score against HU, zero offensive production. ATU game, zero offensive production. Kenny is a good player, but he is a gun slinger. There is good and bad that come with that. For our team to take the next step, this is where the improvement will have to be.

Looking forward to beating the brakes of the school in Durant this week. Go Tigers!
            100 years war, as in the 100th meeting between the two teams? If so, what's the won/loss count per team so far?
            Last edited by crixus; 11-10-2022, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

100 years war, as in the 100th meeting between the two teams? If so, what's the won/loss count per team so far?
              Not sure of the total win/loss honestly, but yes, it’s called the 100 years war, and they have played for over 100 years.

ECU had the lead a while back but SE rattled off like 6 in a row if I remember correctly.

Comment

Not sure of the total win/loss honestly, but yes, it’s called the 100 years war, and they have played for over 100 years.

ECU had the lead a while back but SE rattled off like 6 in a row if I remember correctly.
                Thank you very much. Go Tigers!

Comment

https://gosoutheastern.com/news/2022...wUCGmA_w9PHFgQ

105 meetings. SE leads 50-48-6. When OU and OSU stop bedlam series will be longest active series in Oklahoma. One of only 5 D2 series over 100 games.

Comment

In case anyone's interested, Kris McCullough has been doing an AMA on /r/CFB: https://old.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment..._play_college/

Comment

Currently making the drive from New Mexico to Ada for the game. Where’s the best place to get a good steak in Ada?

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post
                        Currently making the drive from New Mexico to Ada for the game. Where’s the best place to get a good steak in Ada?
                        Unless something have changed, Santa Fe Steakhouse.

Comment

Unless something have changed, Santa Fe Steakhouse.
                          That’s where we went! Then to the Prarie Kitchen this morning. Both were good!

Comment

Prairie Kitchen is definitely the breakfast spot!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X