Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Season Predictions

Alright everyone, here are my thoughts, feel free to agree/disagree. The next 24 hours will be a roller coaster of emotions.

Now for my bold as Jean-Luc Picard predictions/picks for SR3 and Bowl games based upon today's results:

SR3
    1) Grand Valley
    2) Ferris
    3) Pitt
    4) Ouachita
    - Davenport
    - UIndy
    - Truman

Bowl Games
    1) Live United: Emporia v Harding
    2) Heritage: East Central v TAMU-Kingsville (as long as TAMUK wins against WOU tonight)

Note:
    A) I've listed the teams I think will be in POs for SR3.
    B) I've listed the order for the teams that I think will host.
    C) Teams listed for bowl games are based upon conference tie-ins & which conferences are considered for the at-large bids.
    Last edited by Armo Wood; 11-12-2022, 11:08 PM.

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Alright everyone, here are my thoughts, feel free to agree/disagree. The next 24 hours will be a roller coaster of emotions.

Now for my bold as Jean-Luc Picard predictions/picks for SR3 and Bowl games based upon today's results:

SR3
    1) Grand Valley
    2) Ferris
    3) Pitt
    4) Ouachita
    - Davenport
    - UIndy
    - Truman

Bowl Games
    1) Live United: Emporia v Harding
    2) Heritage: East Central v TAMU-Kingsville (as long as TAMUK wins against WOU tonight)

Note:
    A) I've listed the teams I think will be in POs for SR3 & SR4.
    B) I've listed the order for the teams that I think will host.
    C) Teams listed for bowl games are based upon conference tie-ins & which conferences are considered for the at-large bids.
    Irritates me that the committee values a 1 loss team more than 2 undefeated teams. I know, silo scheduling and SOS and all that, but still.
    I feel that Northwest Missouri winning today against Emporia State, will make it. I think Davenport will be the first one out.

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

Irritates me that the committee values a 1 loss team more than 2 undefeated teams. I know, silo scheduling and SOS and all that, but still.
      I feel that Northwest Missouri winning today against Emporia State, will make it. I think Davenport will be the first one out.
      The one loss team also had to play one fewer game. I’m with you. 11-0 is better than 9-1. Oh well, not much we can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
        ... Oh well, not much we can do about it.
        True, not this year.

However, going forward the GAC could open up the first two weeks for non-conference games. As has been said before in another thread, there are quality opponents closer to home for the teams contending for playoff spots, and I know there are some easier opponents closer to home for teams in the lower parts of the GAC that are looking to boost the W column as they build up their program.

Comment

The GAC and MIAA need to stop SILO scheduling. Period. We left the GSC for travel reasons, but if we make a scheduling alliance with the MIAA, we will still be in good shape on that front. Bringing back some non-conference play without an agreement is also an option, but I think it would benefit everyone involved if we played 9 conference games and 2 MIAA teams each year.

Comment

Originally posted by walnut100 View Post
            The GAC and MIAA need to stop SILO scheduling. Period. We left the GSC for travel reasons, but if we make a scheduling alliance with the MIAA, we will still be in good shape on that front. Bringing back some non-conference play without an agreement is also an option, but I think it would benefit everyone involved if we played 9 conference games and 2 MIAA teams each year.
            And the travel issues were not solved. It’s further to several Oklahoma schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

True, not this year.

However, going forward the GAC could open up the first two weeks for non-conference games. As has been said before in another thread, there are quality opponents closer to home for the teams contending for playoff spots, and I know there are some easier opponents closer to home for teams in the lower parts of the GAC that are looking to boost the W column as they build up their progra.
              Originally posted by walnut100 View Post
              If the GAC goes to an OOC uniting with another conference like MIAA is no different than silo scheduling. If you're gonna deregulate, deregulate.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolBison View Post

If the GAC goes to an OOC uniting with another conference like MIAA is no different than silo scheduling. If you're gonna deregulate, deregulate.
                Agreed. I can understand a smaller conf. aligning with another smaller one, but in the end, that's essentially silo with a bigger conf (NSIC.) Travel costs aren't trivial but for one game each season, most any team should be able to adjust for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Agreed. I can understand a smaller conf. aligning with another smaller one, but in the end, that's essentially silo with a bigger conf (NSIC.) Travel costs aren't trivial but for one game each season, most any team should be able to adjust for it.
                  I would be perfectly fine with opening it up fully. I would also be fine with a 1-game schedule alliance (week 2) and leaving one week (week 1) open to grab any non-conference opponent. I concur that a 2-game scheduling alliance with the same league does nothing but create a bigger silo. I don't agree with the idea of just one non-conference game, as that tends to be only a marginal moving of the SOS meter. Two non-conference games gives far more valuable data when it comes to selection time. Also, two non-conference games makes it easier on the travel partner rotations when setting up schedules every two years.

Comment

I'd like a October OOC Saturday.

Those that mean business, can schedule whomever to help offset this silly silo thinking others are ate up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

And the travel issues were not solved. It’s further to several Oklahoma schools.
                      Take a look at the thread "Travel Distance Reasons to Forget Silo Conference Scheduling" I started last month. I listed how all of the schools in the GAC would have shorter travel time to other schools in the LSC, MIAA, SIAC and the GSC.

Comment

I'd like a October OOC Saturday.

Those that mean business, can schedule whomever to help offset this silly silo thinking others are ate up with.
                        The reason I suggested the first 2 weeks is because those are typically the easiest ones to find non-conference opponents for. It gets much harder later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

I'm neutral about DU getting in/out. But, their SOS and PI and significantly better than the other 2 loss teams. If they're out, it won't be due to the criteria.

Comment

I've kept my opinion to myself all year hoping for better but here is my post season prediction. The NWOSU Rangers will have a new Coaching Staff next year. After 8 seasons the current staff took over a 3-9 team and turned it into a 1-10 team. Enough said.

Best of luck to all GAC Teams in post season play wherever you land!!

Comment

Well good season Bisons. We have to win ballgames if we want to make it to the playoffs. We have been lucky a time before, just not this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X