Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by codeblack View Post
    Well good season Bisons. We have to win ballgames if we want to make it to the playoffs. We have been lucky a time before, just not this year.
    Looks like Harding lost out " 'cus history". Anoher 9-2 team jumped you, which doesn't seem overly fair, but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. I hope y'all get a bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by MilSF View Post

Looks like Harding lost out " 'cus history". Anoher 9-2 team jumped you, which doesn't seem overly fair, but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. I hope y'all get a bowl game.
      By looking at numbers, it was tight with NW. But also looking at numbers, Truman's were better than NW's I can understand why NW got in, but I'm not clear as to what the committee's rational was for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MilSF View Post

Just like the Purple Tigers last year, I doubt the Bisons accept an invitation to play in a consolation bowl. Congratulations to Ouachita on a great season. Good luck in the post season. I hope you go deep and help bolster the credibility of the GAC. As for my Bisons, I’m okay with not making the playoffs this year. Our young team didn’t play well enough to earn it. Looking forward to next year. I think we’ll be much improved.

Comment

It's official Harding has declined the bowl bid:
          https://hardingsports.com/news/2022/...selection.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
            It's official Harding has declined the bowl bid:
            https://hardingsports.com/news/2022/...selection.aspx
            I don’t hate that. I’m fine with being disappointed about being left out of the playoffs. It’s a statement to where the program is at and how far it’s come. Best of luck next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

By looking at numbers, it was tight with NW. But also looking at numbers, Truman's were better than NW's I can understand why NW got in, but I'm not clear as to what the committee's rational was for it.
              Because they are simply better. Just the facts. The GLVC gets zero benefit of the doubt. Neither should they. Schools that couldnt complete elsewhere joining in an attempt to game the system for PO berths. Just 3 yrs ago NW beat a GLVC conf champ by around 60. NW>>>>>Anything GLVC for eternity.

The NW is out crowd was hoping and wishing on emotions and void of reality.

Comment

IMHO 7-2 DU and 8-2 UI shouldn’t be ahead of 9-2 HU. I don’t think NWMSU took their spot.

Comment

NWMSU is a solid add to this year's bracket. It's unfortunate we were the ones to draw them, but I can't really argue with how 1-4 were seeded (functionally it's all the same except for #1, and you can't argue against GVSU for #1 in good faith), and then 5-7 are seeded based on travel to their respective host, so that's just how the cookie crumbles.

I haven't watched the Bearcats this year, but looking at their stats this year, I think that this game is winnable for us. NWMSU's offense is a little bit more balanced than Ouachita who is a more run heavy team, and their defense is also better than ours. Our offense is explosive and can score on anybody in the country though. By the eye test, whenever things are clicking, this is the best Ouachita team I have ever seen. We also have Home Field Advantage for the NWMSU game, which will help a lot. Even in our playoff losses, games have been close in Arkadelphia.

I think the key for this matchup will be for Ouachita to stay focused and not let NWMSU get away from them early on. We almost blew it against ECU and HSU despite having the best team this year in the conference, mainly by not making plays early on. The Bearcats are an experienced team and will make us pay if we come out lackadaisical. We have the most brutal playoff path in the country, so every win will have to be earned.

Can't wait for Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by walnut100 View Post
                    NWMSU is a solid add to this year's bracket. It's unfortunate we were the ones to draw them, but I can't really argue with how 1-4 were seeded (functionally it's all the same except for #1, and you can't argue against GVSU for #1 in good faith), and then 5-7 are seeded based on travel to their respective host, so that's just how the cookie crumbles.

I haven't watched the Bearcats this year, but looking at their stats this year, I think that this game is winnable for us. NWMSU's offense is a little bit more balanced than Ouachita who is a more run heavy team, and their defense is also better than ours. Our offense is explosive and can score on anybody in the country though. By the eye test, whenever things are clicking, this is the best Ouachita team I have ever seen. We also have Home Field Advantage for the NWMSU game, which will help a lot. Even in our playoff losses, games have been close in Arkadelphia.

I think the key for this matchup will be for Ouachita to stay focused and not let NWMSU get away from them early on. We almost blew it against ECU and HSU despite having the best team this year in the conference, mainly by not making plays early on. The Bearcats are an experienced team and will make us pay if we come out lackadaisical. We have the most brutal playoff path in the country, so every win will have to be earned.

Can't wait for Saturday!
                    No doubt about it, defensively NW is tough. That being said, I don’t think they as good offensively this year as they were last year. I believe Ouachita’s offense is much better this year than it was last year. The Tigers are a sting second half team. If they can play good defense and keep it a low scoring game, I think they win. In 2019 when we (Bisons) played them in Maryville we kept the score low and almost pulled off the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by walnut100 View Post

Can't wait for Saturday!
                      I don't particularly think it's a good match up for OBU. In the same boat that HU is very strong against the run, NW is even better. They give up 2.0 yards per. HU gives up 3.6. That's a significant difference, and HU neutralized OBU for the most part. (both teams did)

I've seen it up close and personal 3 times now. They're tough. Even when they are "down." I haven't watched them play this year so I don't know how well the offense performs. Their fans certainly seem to think there's a lot to be desired with their offense.

I think Ouachita will have to be able to throw the ball consistently to win. Can they do it from behind the chains? I don't know. We're going to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

I don't particularly think it's a good match up for OBU. In the same boat that HU is very strong against the run, NW is even better. They give up 2.0 yards per. HU gives up 3.6. That's a significant difference, and HU neutralized OBU for the most part. (both teams did)

I've seen it up close and personal 3 times now. They're tough. Even when they are "down." I haven't watched them play this year so I don't know how well the offense performs. Their fans certainly seem to think there's a lot to be desired with their offense.

I think Ouachita will have to be able to throw the ball consistently to win. Can they do it from behind the chains? I don't know. We're going to find out.
                        The weakness of the NW defense is the back end. Their front 7 is about as good as it ever was.

That said, UNK was able to run it outside on them a little with a similar offense, but they have a ridiculously athletic qb, and the young NW dbacks had trouble staying at home against the outside option stuff.

Their O is hit-and-miss. They can run it pretty well and have a decent short and intermediate passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The weakness of the NW defense is the back end. Their front 7 is about as good as it ever was.

That said, UNK was able to run it outside on them a little with a similar offense, but they have a ridiculously athletic qb, and the young NW dbacks had trouble staying at home against the outside option stuff.

Their O is hit-and-miss. They can run it pretty well and have a decent short and intermediate passing game.
                          Ouschita doesn’t really run outside. It’s up the gut mostly. They’ll stick with the run and won’t abandon it, but will have to mix in some more passing.

Comment

The concerning thing for me about the miracle win over Henderson was that HSU offensive and defensive lines outplayed Ouachita lines for much of the game. The Reddies filled holes, put pressure on the quarterback, as well as giving their own QB time to hit the slants and hit the slants and hit the slants. I think to win in post season the Tigers are going to have to use the pass to open up the run rather than the other way around and find a way to do a better job of pass coverage across the middle. For many games in the regular season a bend but don't break defense works, and it has worked well enough this year to keep Ouachita undefeated, but against the quality playoff teams the D has to prevent first downs rather than simply prevent touchdowns after a team has marched down the field. I think the Tigers can win big if we are unpredictable, but if I can call the plays from the stands, it is going to be close.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Ouschita doesn’t really run outside. It’s up the gut mostly. They’ll stick with the run and won’t abandon it, but will have to mix in some more passing.
                              They’ll be running into the strength of the NW D then-it will be interesting how that works. NW usually does well against that type of offense. NW is 3-1 in games basically decided on the last play and OBU came from behind 2TD’s last week so this could be an ‘it ain’t over til it’s over’ type game too.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

They'll have to get creative unless their oline is ungodly good. I've only seen about 2 or 3 D2 olines that could just overpower Nw in the last 15 or 20 years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X