X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live United Bowl: Emporia vs Southeastern Oklahoma

Heritage Bowl: East Central vs Texas A&M-Kingsville

Comment

Congrats Baldsexy you get to see your son play one more game.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Ouschita doesn’t really run outside. It’s up the gut mostly. They’ll stick with the run and won’t abandon it, but will have to mix in some more passing.
        They’ll be running up the gut at the MIAA DPOY- will be a good match up

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
          It's official Harding has declined the bowl bid:
          https://hardingsports.com/news/2022/...selection.aspx
          Wow, kind of suprised. Too good for a bowl game now? I'm guessing maybe the costs aren't worth the possible payoff? Would think it would provide that much better exposure though.

Comment

Live United Bowl: Emporia vs Southeastern Oklahoma

Heritage Bowl: East Central vs Texas A&M-Kingsville
            That Hertiage Bowl game should be good. Not sure about the Live United Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

Wow, kind of suprised. Too good for a bowl game now? I'm guessing maybe the costs aren't worth the possible payoff? Would think it would provide that much better exposure though.
              What kind of exposure do you think bowl games provide?? It’s not much. I don’t blame them for turning it down.

-All Knowing GAC Grand Poobah Pick’em Champ

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

What kind of exposure do you think bowl games provide?? It’s not much. I don’t blame them for turning it down.

-All Knowing GAC Grand Poobah Pick’em Champ
                Henderson also turned down a bowl. What are the reasons for turning them down? Ouachita and Henderson declined last year and this year Henderson and Harding.

Comment

I’m not exactly sure why Henderson turned down the opportunity to play in a consolation bowl. As far as Harding is concerned I think it’s the expense, plus when your team goal is to make the playoffs and you don’t, it’s better to let the players deal with the disappointment and use it for motivation in the off season, than provide a second prize for not reaching your goal.

Comment

should be a good game looking forward to it. whomever wins gets bounced next week. i think it will be competitive. we have trouble scoring, i would guess we have a good chance to win a competitive 21-17 type game if we avoid turning the ball over but the thing is we like turning the ball over. if that happens we got trouble. tee it up, see what happens. wish i was coming i enjoyed my trip to harding last year, great people, cool basketball arena too.
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Congrats Baldsexy you get to see your son play one more game.
                      Thank you! I am very greatful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

That Hertiage Bowl game should be good. Not sure about the Live United Bowl.
                        Well with the same teams last year it was an amazing game. Down to the wire. Tie game with little time left and SE drove down into FG range and hit a pretty decent FG to go up by 3 with like a minute left. Emporia ran a few plays but time ran out. Was a really exicting game. Actually the entire weekends activites were really fun. Friday night banquet and players and coaches played games. Then a pep rally with cheerleaders vs cheerleaders and band vs band. We can't wait to go back. Was the best weekend of the season last year! I won't lie. My son winning MVP of the game wasn't too shabby of a way to finish off the weekend. Oh and our Wr Duece Pittman is Drew Pearson's grandson. Drew rented a charter bus and brought a ton of family and friends. Sat right there with us the whole game. Handed out autographed trading cards and graciously took tons of pictures. Overall was a great great weekend and the players and parents had a blast! Should be an entertaining high scoring game. Two top Qbs and offenses duking it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post

Well with the same teams last year it was an amazing game. Down to the wire. Tie game with little time left and SE drove down into FG range and hit a pretty decent FG to go up by 3 with like a minute left. Emporia ran a few plays but time ran out. Was a really exicting game. Actually the entire weekends activites were really fun. Friday night banquet and players and coaches played games. Then a pep rally with cheerleaders vs cheerleaders and band vs band. We can't wait to go back. Was the best weekend of the season last year! I won't lie. My son winning MVP of the game wasn't too shabby of a way to finish off the weekend. Oh and our Wr Duece Pittman is Drew Pearson's grandson. Drew rented a charter bus and brought a ton of family and friends. Sat right there with us the whole game. Handed out autographed trading cards and graciously took tons of pictures. Overall was a great great weekend and the players and parents had a blast! Should be an entertaining high scoring game. Two top Qbs and offenses duking it out!
                          Last year was an exciting game…looking forward to the rematch, hopefully with a different outcome…
                          ESU has improved from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by mtxe View Post

Last year was an exciting game…looking forward to the rematch, hopefully with a different outcome…
                            ESU has improved from last year.
                            Yeah I’m not expecting it to be the same game as last year. Both teams feature high scoring pass heavy offenses with great skill players and top Qb’s. I expect this game will be determined by defense. I don’t know much about the ESU defense. But I looked at their schedule and it doesn’t look like too many teams had high scores against them. The SE defense is hit or miss. One week they are lights out running around like their hair’s on fire. Then a week later they look lost. Missed coverages, out of position, etc. Hopefully being a bowl game and a rematch we get the good version. Also last season our offensive line was a brick wall. But we had a couple of guys lost to graduation and our all conference right tackle James Walker was injured after only playing like the first half of our first or second game. That caused some shuffling around of guys just trying to figure out who worked best where. Well he returned for the final 2 games and has been working off the rust. So now I am expecting them to be back to full strength by December 3rd. Whatever the outcome is I just hope it is a well played competitive game. This is the last time I ever get to see #14 suit up so I’m praying it’s a good one to watch to help me through the sadness!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X