Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the Ravine 2022 Edition

So, are we not going to talk about that game? Perhaps too shocked to know what to say? 14pt comeback in last 4 minutes. Missed FG to win as time runs out. Going for in on 4th and 1 in OT which would have lost the game if failed. Another instant classic IMHO.

It was a great game. Shocked by how the final 4 minutes played out. Not one drive, but two?? Congrats to OBU, Now represent the GAC well in the playoffs!

Comment

Credit to OBU, they made some huge plays late in regulation to get it to OT. Reddies played about the perfect game for 56 minutes but just couldn’t close it out late. Future still very bright for an incredibly young HSU team. The freshman QB Edwards was fantastic today and both RBs will be back next year as well as the entire defense.

The last three of these games have been like this dating back to 2019. Pretty wild.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
        Credit to OBU, they made some huge plays late in regulation to get it to OT. Reddies played about the perfect game for 56 minutes but just couldn’t close it out late. Future still very bright for an incredibly young HSU team. The freshman QB Edwards was fantastic today and both RBs will be back next year as well as the entire defense.

The last three of these games have been like this dating back to 2019. Pretty wild.
        It was a complete meltdown, particularly on the defensive side. Credit to OBU like you said, they did make some plays. After regulation ended (I must have been sitting next to a players Dad/Family member) but he said this same situation has happened the previous two games with OBU having game winning drives. Overall, it was a great atmosphere and I’m looking forward to catching the game on the other side of the street next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

It was a complete meltdown, particularly on the defensive side. Credit to OBU like you said, they did make some plays. After regulation ended (I must have been sitting next to a players Dad/Family member) but he said this same situation has happened the previous two games with OBU having game winning drives. Overall, it was a great atmosphere and I’m looking forward to catching the game on the other side of the street next year.
          The secondary has been pretty young and thin all year and was down a starting corner today, so I was honestly surprised OBU didn’t attack with the passing game more. It seemed like it took them getting down in those last 4 minutes to realize they could move the ball quickly that way.

I really think it was more of them making great plays than a meltdown by HSU. Their QB made a couple big time throws under pressure and extended some plays as well. Their kid made an unreal grab on the last scoring drive of regulation too. Gotta give them credit, that’s not something they normally have to do, but they did it.

Comment

The freshman QB Edwards was fantastic today and both RBs will be back next year as well as the entire defense .
            This whole conference is going to be nuts for a few years. COVID has meant a double class of “sophomores”. We will be losing TJ, but Givens, Harms, Flannigan, Falls, Swiboda (WR) all have 2 more years together. You and Harding are both young teams too. Maybe all this will bode well for the conference come playoff time.

Comment

Instant classic. Wow. Go Tigers!

It’s good for the rivalry that the games are always close like that, but hard on the nerves!!

Comment

The secondary has been pretty young and thin all year and was down a starting corner today, so I was honestly surprised OBU didn’t attack with the passing game more. It seemed like it took them getting down in those last 4 minutes to realize they could move the ball quickly that way.

I really think it was more of them making great plays than a meltdown by HSU. Their QB made a couple big time throws under pressure and extended some plays as well. Their kid made an unreal grab on the last scoring drive of regulation too. Gotta give them credit, that’s not something they normally have to do, but they did it.
                HSU has the worst pass defense in the conference. I don’t think that starting corner would have made a difference. That play the OBU kid made was a great catch, would have been PI even if he didn’t make it. But HSU didn’t cover anyone the final two drives of the game. OBU had two incompletions combined in the final two drives (box score verified). The shanked punt didn’t help either.

Comment

The irony of it all was field goals this season.
                  The Henderson kicker was successful from 46 yards with a powerful FG vs. Harding for the 15-14 win this season.
                  Saturday, he missed wide right from 46 yards vs. Ouachita for a chance at the regulation win.
                  Will be interesting so see how the committee looks at the Bisons this afternoon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X