Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Coaching News

Matt Walters is out at NWOSU:https://riderangersride.com/news/202...thwestern.aspx

Heard that's been coming for awhile

Comment

That is tough. Coach Walters is a really great guy. Unfortunately, Northwestern is the hardest job in the conference. Tough to bring in good players, and going to be tough to bring in a good coach. I wish them the best in finding their guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
        That is tough. Coach Walters is a really great guy. Unfortunately, Northwestern is the hardest job in the conference. Tough to bring in good players, and going to be tough to bring in a good coach. I wish them the best in finding their guy.
        Is it just because Alva is so bad? I don’t know a lot about the program. Coach Walters is a super nice dude. He was the second coach to offer my son. He had been a coach at NM State so he kept up with NM kids. We thought the facilities were actually pretty nice. This was 6 years ago and they had just redone their weight room and gotten new turf. I just thought the school itself was old and run down looking. And the town of Alva was pretty gross. But it could be other factors I’m unaware of like money.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post

Is it just because Alva is so bad? I don’t know a lot about the program. Coach Walters is a super nice dude. He was the second coach to offer my son. He had been a coach at NM State so he kept up with NM kids. We thought the facilities were actually pretty nice. This was 6 years ago and they had just redone their weight room and gotten new turf. I just thought the school itself was old and run down looking. And the town of Alva was pretty gross. But it could be other factors I’m unaware of like money.
          Alva has to be the worst town to live in in this conference IMO

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post

Alva has to be the worst town to live in in this conference IMO
            Definitely!

Comment

[QUOTE=Baldsexy;n719630]Heard that's been coming for awhile)

Probably should have happened sooner. This program has been going nowhere for a long time. I never like to see someone lose their job but maybe best for all parties. Both the School and Coach need a fresh start. Good luck to whoever lands this job, you are going to need alot of it.

Comment

Any news on a new coach in Alva!?

Comment

[QUOTE=Ranger Rick;n724149]
                  Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post
                  Heard that's been coming for awhile)

Probably should have happened sooner. This program has been going nowhere for a long time. I never like to see someone lose their job but maybe best for all parties. Both the School and Coach need a fresh start. Good luck to whoever lands this job, you are going to need alot of it.
                  I like to took at various teams rosters to see where the kids are from, the class make-up, etc. I am particularly interested in the Oklahoma schools, but I also look at some LSC and RMAC schools since I am in their footprint. I thought it strange this year that NWOSU's roster does not list the player's academic class. The absence of the player's classes told me a lot about the direction of their program. From my perspective, this told me their program is in deep doodoo. I hope they turn this thing around.

Comment

[QUOTE=OPSUALUM77&81;n726519]
                    Originally posted by Ranger Rick View Post

I like to took at various teams rosters to see where the kids are from, the class make-up, etc. I am particularly interested in the Oklahoma schools, but I also look at some LSC and RMAC schools since I am in their footprint. I thought it strange this year that NWOSU's roster does not list the player's academic class. The absence of the player's classes told me a lot about the direction of their program. From my perspective, this told me their program is in deep doodoo. I hope they turn this thing around.
                    Go back, click on a random players bio.

Comment

Looks like Southeastern needs a new coach.

Comment

[QUOTE=NattyStateFan;n726559]
                        Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post

Go back, click on a random players bio.
                        Every school in the GAC, except NWOSU, shows the players classification on the roster list. Every school in the GAC allows you to sort by class. Almost every school I have looked at shows the same thing, D1, D2, D3, NAIA. It is simply a convenience item. It still seems odd to me, especially with the lack of success they have had since joining D2. Raise your skirt and show us what you got!

We had a lady out here run for state representative. She wouldn't tell you anything about her party affiliation. Not even her campaign website disclosed it. I believe she was an NWOSU grad. Maybe it is a school culture thing.

Comment

I would say this is more of a Sports Information Director issue than anything. However, you can simply click on a players bio and see their class and intended major. Once a new Head Coach is hired, maybe he can spend hour's reprograming the website for simplicity rather than thinking about touchdowns and recruiting.

Comment

Is SEO going to try and promote from within? I have no idea who they’re going to try and hire at NWOSU. That seems like an impossible job to win at.

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post
                              I would say this is more of a Sports Information Director issue than anything. However, you can simply click on a players bio and see their class and intended major. Once a new Head Coach is hired, maybe he can spend hour's reprograming the website for simplicity rather than thinking about touchdowns and recruiting.
                              No wonder they struggle so much in Alva. The head coach has to maintain the website, coach and make the sandwiches for their road trips. Surely he can find a way to delegate some of these duties.

BTW, I want to see them succeed. In all things.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X