Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GAC is not as bad conference compared to most of D2. It's just in the region with two of best four conferences in D2.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

OBU has ZERO street cred anymore. after the whoopin i saw them take in their barn this last year. not to mention the loss to Lindenwood in the playoffs a season after they left the MIAA with a 4 win record. they've made it out of the 1st round 1 time since 2009.

so i got interested and had a few minutes.

Henderson made it out of the first round out of the three times since they've been in the GAC.
      2018 lost to MWSU in 1st
      2015 won the first round then lost to ESU
      2012 lost to MWSU in 1st

Harding has the best success. no secret im sure.

2021 won the first round against Washburn then beat by NWM
      2019 loss to NWM
      2017 made it 4 rounds
      2016 3 rounds deep. won VS UCM eventually losing in the 3rd game to NWM
      2014 loss to Pitt
      2012 loss to NWM

2-8 VS MIAA in the playoffs.

not trashing you Natty...just had an interesting conversation with a SWOSU fan the other day about the differences between GAC and MIAA. he obviously said GAC was proven to be better? then i remember the ECU coach called themselves the Oklahoma state champ....

I’d say that SWOSU fan you talked to is delusional lolol. MIAA is clearly better. I would say the best Oklahoma teams in the GAC would be fairly close to UCO at this point though. I would still give the edge to UCO, but it would be quite embarrassing for UCO if they weren’t better considering how much money has been pumped into that program.

Comment

• Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I’d say that SWOSU fan you talked to is delusional lolol. MIAA is clearly better. I would say the best Oklahoma teams in the GAC would be fairly close to UCO at this point though. I would still give the edge to UCO, but it would be quite embarrassing for UCO if they weren’t better considering how much money has been pumped into that program.

the money put in is only recent and hasn't ALL gone to football. stadium improvements? yes. but it was as much for the state championship games at this point. just so happens the football team benefits from it. those state championships are rumored to make the school upwards of 250k over those 3 weekends. i know when the 3 Edmond schools were using the field on Thursday and Friday nights, they were paying 10k per game.
        Richison wrestled at UCO so you know those guys are getting a bunch as well. annd they won the national championship last week so that worked out well.

Bobeck was struggling to be funded in the scholarship arena. not sure where we are now but, its early in the Dorell era. I'm sure they're going to want him to PROVE he can win games in Edmond before the flood gates open with the money donated. we've got work to do but I'm sure that check book wasn't just handed to Dorell.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

the money put in is only recent and hasn't ALL gone to football. stadium improvements? yes. but it was as much for the state championship games at this point. just so happens the football team benefits from it. those state championships are rumored to make the school upwards of 250k over those 3 weekends. i know when the 3 Edmond schools were using the field on Thursday and Friday nights, they were paying 10k per game.
          Richison wrestled at UCO so you know those guys are getting a bunch as well. annd they won the national championship last week so that worked out well.

Bobeck was struggling to be funded in the scholarship arena. not sure where we are now but, its early in the Dorell era. I'm sure they're going to want him to PROVE he can win games in Edmond before the flood gates open with the money donated. we've got work to do but I'm sure that check book wasn't just handed to Dorell.
          I would argue that the check book had to be open enough to fund schollies, recruiting, and good staff in order to attract Dorrell in the first place.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X