Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAC Silo

With the future departure of Lincoln (MO) from the MIAA it means the GAC is looking at being the only silo conference in D2. Will the GAC make a change is the football scheduling format?

Hopefully! I'd love to see some old GSC matchups.
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

My guess is they won't unless they have to.

Comment

I don't know that it's a foregone conclusion silo scheduling is over in the MIAA. Might be getting a little ahead of ourselves. Lincoln leaving is a step in the right direction, but the MIAA could still fill the vacancy. Even if it's gone, I doubt it influences the GAC to eliminating silo scheduling.
        Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
          I don't know that it's a foregone conclusion silo scheduling is over in the MIAA. Might be getting a little ahead of ourselves. Lincoln leaving is a step in the right direction, but the MIAA could still fill the vacancy. Even if it's gone, I doubt it influences the GAC to eliminating silo scheduling.
          With whom? There aren't exactly a lot of options for MIAA football expansion within their footprint. The only outside possibility would be Wayne (Neb.) State, but most of the MIAA schools are at least 4-6 hours away from the WSC campus.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

With whom? There aren't exactly a lot of options for MIAA football expansion within their footprint. The only outside possibility would be Wayne (Neb.) State, but most of the MIAA schools are at least 4-6 hours away from the WSC campus.
            I really don't want to turn this into a MIAA discussion. What I meant to say is still try to fill the vacancy. I hope they don't and somehow NSU decides they want out too.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

I really don't want to turn this into a MIAA discussion. What I meant to say is still try to fill the vacancy. I hope they don't and somehow NSU decides they want out too.
              I guess the only way you're gonna see the end of silo scheduling is if the GAC adds two more programs. NSU seems like the logical choice since they seem to be way out of their league (literally) where they're at right now. But, who do you add to go along with them in order to get to 14?
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I guess the only way you're gonna see the end of silo scheduling is if the GAC adds two more programs. NSU seems like the logical choice since they seem to be way out of their league (literally) where they're at right now. But, who do you add to go along with them in order to get to 14?
                I had heard a couple of years ago that Langston OK (NAIA) was very interested in going D2. That was before Covid though. Not sure if that is still on the cards, but I believe that would be the easiest option for the GAC.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I had heard a couple of years ago that Langston OK (NAIA) was very interested in going D2. That was before Covid though. Not sure if that is still on the cards, but I believe that would be the easiest option for the GAC.
                  Langston was to apply the year Oklahoma Baptist applied. I don't recall what sports they had then but it was not enough for the GAC, MIAA, LSC, or Heartland. Currently, Langston does not sponsor enough sports for D2 and they do not sponsor two GAC required sports. I'm not sold that Langston would do what would be needed for the GAC.

Comment

Is there any kind of movement to end the silo amongst GAC University presidents or ad's?

Comment

Don't think so. Seems to be a non-starter across the board. Not really sure why.

Comment

That's a bummer. At least there are people fighting to end it in the MIAA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X