Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 GAC Preseason Poll/Guesses?

Fall will be here before you know it! Any guesses? You have to be thinking OBU is the favorite. HU will be close. Then throw SEOK and ECU in the mix.

Anxious to see if ECU can maintain the success. I love that we hired a former HC as an OC. Will help the young Litrenta I’m sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
      Fall will be here before you know it! Any guesses? You have to be thinking OBU is the favorite. HU will be close. Then throw SEOK and ECU in the mix.
      Reddies will be back in the mix. Wasn't their QB a freshman?

Comment

Curious where coaches peg SNU. Only lost two on the OL from the entire offense. Defense still a question. However, just mild improvement could make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
          Curious where coaches peg SNU. Only lost two on the OL from the entire offense. Defense still a question. However, just mild improvement could make a big difference.
          Is Porter back? That’s all that matters. If he’s gone, they are last. If he’s back they’ll probably move up.

Comment

My guess is Harding, OBU, and Henderson will be Tier 1, then everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Is Porter back? That’s all that matters. If he’s gone, they are last. If he’s back they’ll probably move up.
              Porter is indeed back. Redshirted back in 2017. Dude's been around for awhile haha.

Comment

ECU is in a very interesting position...

Most success we've had in quite some time. Portal hitting us hard, coaches taking better jobs... Will be an interesting year. I think we have good coaches in place when it comes to play callers, just got to get the pieces in place on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post
                  ECU is in a very interesting position...

Most success we've had in quite some time. Portal hitting us hard, coaches taking better jobs....

in the infamous words of the muddogs fans,
                  "Oh no! we suck again!"

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

in the infamous words of the muddogs fans,
                    "Oh no! we suck again!"
                    Not quite, haven't played a game yet. Kids leaving due to the portal also means kids joining because of the portal. And I think we got a better offensive play caller than we had before.

Big loss this week is the strength coach leaving (not sure where he is headed), but he was a pillar of the program for the last decade. Will be tough to replace, but will have to be a great hire.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post

Big loss this week is the strength coach leaving (not sure where he is headed), but he was a pillar of the program for the last decade. Will be tough to replace, but will have to be a great hire.
                      unless he took the weights with him, you should be fine.
                      he seemed like a cool guy. talked position specific training which is kind of refreshing.

he may have stayed if you weren't working out in what is equivalent to a middle school gym. I'm joking for sure. NOTHING in this region is worse than SWOSU's weight room.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

unless he took the weights with him, you should be fine.
                        he seemed like a cool guy. talked position specific training which is kind of refreshing.

he may have stayed if you weren't working out in what is equivalent to a middle school gym. I'm joking for sure. NOTHING in this region is worse than SWOSU's weight room.
                        He was awesome. One of the best all around coaches I have been around.

ECU weight room situation is weird. It’s old, but kept well and functional. Definitely could use some new racks but it’s a good space and ran well. It’s honestly their nicest facility, which obviously isn’t saying much.

Comment

With the loss of a member of the MIAA Conference, MIAA Conference teams now have a spot to fill with non-conference teams; thus they are not truly a silo conference. I wonder what that might do in seeding the conference teams for playoffs for those GAC teams that don't finish in first place? Would a two loss MIAA team that has played and won against non-conference teams have a stronger strength of schedule vs a silo conference GAC team with one loss and possibly bump them much lower, or out of the regional rankings?

Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonfan from FLA View Post
                            With the loss of a member of the MIAA Conference, MIAA Conference teams now have a spot to fill with non-conference teams; thus they are not truly a silo conference. I wonder what that might do in seeding the conference teams for playoffs for those GAC teams that don't finish in first place? Would a two loss MIAA team that has played and won against non-conference teams have a stronger strength of schedule vs a silo conference GAC team with one loss and possibly bump them much lower, or out of the regional rankings?

Your thoughts?
                            My opinion is that all silo conferences should be automatically excluded from the playoffs to put an end to silos.

Aside from that, your scenario is only possible for Pitt this year as it appears they are the only MIAA team who chose not to play Lincoln.

Comment

Ok, am I understanding correctly. According to the MIAA’s announcement only Central Oklahoma and Washburn can schedule home games against non-conference opponents because they are the only two teams that have a bye during the first two weeks of the season?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X