Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GVSU wins Presidents Cup

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Michigan is God's country because he is the only one that would have it!

I miss the Sunday Night Chat. Yes, come on August!
    Michigan is God's high five to the world.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
      Congrats to GV. Looks like the women sports are a bulk of those points...also KleShreen saw your post on MLive about Wayne having way more enrollment than anyone else and thus should be better. Two things, 1) a large chuck of Wayne's enrollment is their Graduate programs just an FYI, and 2) Wayne has consistently been in the top 4 of the GLIAC President's Cup ranking in recent years.

I think the big difference between GV and other GLIAC schools competing is GV has had dominant Women's sports consistently over any others (Albeit Ashland W. Bball)....GV's women's track/cross country and GV women's soccer has been a hallmark of their entire athletic program since I can remember.
      I wasn't saying anything negative about Wayne. I just like to bring them up when people go on their uninformed soapboxes of "25k students playing against a bunch of small schools!" but nobody ever mentions anything about Wayne having even more students. And nobody complains about Wayne because Wayne isn't beating them at everything. Again, not a shot at Wayne, just a fact. If Wayne was winning 20 presidents' trophies in a row, everyone would be complaining about Wayne's enrollment and not mentioning GV having way more students than everyone else in the league as well. Just low-hanging fruit to pick and it is annoying when people get that lazy to bring up enrollment.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        I wasn't saying anything negative about Wayne. I just like to bring them up when people go on their uninformed soapboxes of "25k students playing against a bunch of small schools!" but nobody ever mentions anything about Wayne having even more students. And nobody complains about Wayne because Wayne isn't beating them at everything. Again, not a shot at Wayne, just a fact. If Wayne was winning 20 presidents' trophies in a row, everyone would be complaining about Wayne's enrollment and not mentioning GV having way more students than everyone else in the league as well. Just low-hanging fruit to pick and it is annoying when people get that lazy to bring up enrollment.

Comment

Schools generally would not decide what their enrollment numbers should be based upon athletics.

Comment

Schools generally would not decide what their enrollment numbers should be based upon athletics.
            athletics has nothing to do with enrollment numbers UNLESS you are suggesting that students want to go to schools that offer then alternative viewing enjoyment watching winning teams in various sports, that I can agree with - so maybe its enrollment has nothing to do with athletics instead of the other way as I previously stated, or maybe they are both wrong or both correct - I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
              athletics has nothing to do with enrollment numbers UNLESS you are suggesting that students want to go to schools that offer then alternative viewing enjoyment watching winning teams in various sports, that I can agree with - so maybe its enrollment has nothing to do with athletics instead of the other way as I previously stated, or maybe they are both wrong or both correct - I don't know
              In any case, I think you can find some sort of statement in your words that could or could not be correct.

Comment

In any case, I think you can find some sort of statement in your words that could or could not be correct.
                Yes...maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X