Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Marty Carter Thread

I don't know how this works for the NFL, but I noticed the GV's Carter is said to be entering the supplemental draft.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/gvs...emental-draft/

If it comes to fruition, RB position at GV may take a bit of a hit. Not dire straights though (IMO.)

Came in later:

Guess HE GONE!
    Per GV:
    http://gvsulakers.com/news/2018/6/29...tal-draft.aspx
    Last edited by Redwing; 06-29-2018, 06:16 PM. Reason: Updated info

Re: So is M. Carter (GV) gone? Supplemental Draft

That's......not great.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

That sucks.

Comment

I mean, Bryce Young-Walls will be just fine, but Carter is the most talented RB to ever touch the field for GV.

Really wanted to see how it was gonna look with both him and Bart in their senior seasons. Carter would have put every GV rushing record out of sight.

Comment

That's a pretty big blow for Grand Valley, as Marty Carter was certainly as dynamic of a running back as anyone in D2 football in recent years. This does, however, seem a little risky as I don't recall too many NFL teams taking advantage of the supplemental draft process, especially given these rules (from NFL.com):

If a team selects a player in the supplemental draft, it is forced to surrender a draft pick of the same round it selects the player in the following year's NFL draft.

So, if the Lions were to select a player in the fifth round of the 2018 supplemental draft, they essentially surrender their fifth round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Any player who goes undrafted immediately becomes a free agent.

No player has been picked in the NFL Supplemental Draft since Isaiah Battle in 2015 by the Rams. Outside of Battle, who is now with the Seattle Seahawks, Terrelle Pryor (2011) and Josh Gordon (2012) are the only other active players who were taken in the Supplemental Draft.

This is a pretty risky move by Carter, who would appear to have forfeited his senior season for what appears to be a long-shot chance at the NFL via a process that hardly any team has taken advantage over the years. Since 2000, a grand total of 12 players have been selected through this process.
          Last edited by ctrabs74; 06-29-2018, 11:24 PM.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
            That's a pretty big blow for Grand Valley, as Marty Carter was certainly as dynamic of a running back as anyone in D2 football in recent years. This does, however, seem a little risky as I don't recall too many NFL teams taking advantage of the supplemental draft process, to be honest.
            I'm sure there was a reason behind it. You only really enter the supplemental draft if something happens with your eligibility in college.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
              I'm sure there was a reason behind it. You only really enter the supplemental draft if something happens with your eligibility in college.
              Maybe he heard a certain team was very interested.

Comment

OR you want to try and get paid...one knee injury or bad ankle deal and that speed it gone..I hope he makes it, that could be life changing for Marty and his family.

Comment

I mean, Bryce Young-Walls will be just fine, but Carter is the most talented RB to ever touch the field for GV.

Really wanted to see how it was gonna look with both him and Bart in their senior seasons. Carter would have put every GV rushing record out of sight.
                  That would have been fun so now on to next man up...

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                    OR you want to try and get paid...one knee injury or bad ankle deal and that speed it gone..I hope he makes it, that could be life changing for Marty and his family.
                    If that was the case he would have entered the actual NFL draft and participated in OTA's with whatever team picked him up.

Oh well, time to move on.

Comment

this doesn't make any sense...wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                        this doesn't make any sense...wtf?
                        Well, Mitch did say he was ineligible after Spring semester.
                        https://www.mlive.com/lakers/index.s...rt_river_index

Feel free to speculate. Best of luck to the guy.

As for GV, I suspect there might be some drop-off, but on paper, that position looks like there will be some great options for sorting out who get's the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                          Well, Mitch did say he was ineligible after Spring semester.
                          https://www.mlive.com/lakers/index.s...rt_river_index

Feel free to speculate. Best of luck to the guy.

As for GV, I suspect there might be some drop-off, but on paper, that position looks like there will be some great options for sorting out who get's the ball.
                          I figured ineligibility had to b the reason...he had to know this was coming... should have declared early like sieler and did the pro days and eventually get drafted.... I didn't even know they still had supplemental draft...last time i heard of this Walsh was drafted by Johnson same year he drafted aikman

Comment

Very disappointed. Was looking forward to watching him play this fall. Good Lick to him.

Comment

Why are we just now finding out that our star running back has no eligibility left?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X