Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Richard J. Koubek, please MTFGA!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Richard J. Koubek, please MTFGA!!

Just watched the YouTube of Michigan Tech Head Coach Steve Olsen commenting on the upcoming season. Uh oh. As someone who strongly believes what is unsaid is as important as what is said, my unavoidable conclusion is MTU fans are in for a long season.

His team picked to finish 8th in the GLIAC, Olsen never mentioned a quarterback. Not one word about the leader of the offense. Not good. Not good at all. Last year saw a mid-season QB change that didn't make us competitive with any of the decent teams in the conference. Again, judging by what was left unsaid, I'm convinced Olsen is pessimistic about the prospects at QB or else the staff is sitting on the biggest secret of the year. Everyone knows teams don't excel in the GLIAC without a playmaker under center. The outdated engineer in me concedes, "Back to the drawing board."

It appears that Tech Football is falling into the deep, dark mine shaft of continuous losing seasons. This year will be the third consecutive one. It's a slippery slope to establishing a perpetual losing culture and we're unbalanced.

There may be hope though! Michigan Tech just appointed a new president, Dr. Richard J. Koubek. Dr. Koubek comes to Houghton from the famous football factories of LSU, Penn State, and Purdue. Anyone who served at those places is very aware of how success on the gridiron plays in the University culture. It would be wonderful if Dr. Koubek becomes a Tech football fan. In any event, all Huskies fans are asking President Koubek to Make Tech Football Great Again!

Re: President Richard J. Koubek, please MTFGA!!

Originally posted by TheCommissioner View Post
    Just watched the YouTube of Michigan Tech Head Coach Steve Olsen commenting on the upcoming season. Uh oh. As someone who strongly believes what is unsaid is as important as what is said, my unavoidable conclusion is MTU fans are in for a long season.

His team picked to finish 8th in the GLIAC, Olsen never mentioned a quarterback. Not one word about the leader of the offense. Not good. Not good at all. Last year saw a mid-season QB change that didn't make us competitive with any of the decent teams in the conference. Again, judging by what was left unsaid, I'm convinced Olsen is pessimistic about the prospects at QB or else the staff is sitting on the biggest secret of the year. Everyone knows teams don't excel in the GLIAC without a playmaker under center. The outdated engineer in me concedes, "Back to the drawing board."

It appears that Tech Football is falling into the deep, dark mine shaft of continuous losing seasons. This year will be the third consecutive one. It's a slippery slope to establishing a perpetual losing culture and we're unbalanced.

There may be hope though! Michigan Tech just appointed a new president, Dr. Richard J. Koubek. Dr. Koubek comes to Houghton from the famous football factories of LSU, Penn State, and Purdue. Anyone who served at those places is very aware of how success on the gridiron plays in the University culture. It would be wonderful if Dr. Koubek becomes a Tech football fan. In any event, all Huskies fans are asking President Koubek to Make Tech Football Great Again!
    the stadium renovations certainly help... unfortunately w the ****tty teams who have left in recent years there are no more gimme games

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
      the stadium renovations certainly help... unfortunately w the ****tty teams who have left in recent years there are no more gimme games
      Interesting that ALL of those teams are at the top of that conference's poll this season. (sorry for derailing the thread for a bit.)

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
        Interesting that ALL of those teams are at the top of that conference's poll this season. (sorry for derailing the thread for a bit.)
        Maybe that's the answer....follow those teams to their conference. But that takes money.

I'm thinking the real answer is to widen the recruiting net over a much bigger area than they currently cover. But that takes money too. Michigan Tech is a very unique place: snow, tough academics, remoteness from urban centers, more snow, football not the hottest ticket in town, etc. They can't attract many of the quality athletes needed to stay competitive in today's GLIAC football race. When Tech was recruiting a new President, the search committee looked nationally rather than regionally. The same approach must be taken for football recruits. It's eventually a numbers game.

In the meantime, we'll have to be content with keeping the Miner's Cup in Houghton and avoiding embarrassing lopsided losses dealt by GV, Ferris, and Ashland.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
          not a derailment at all I just saw the GMAC poll and thought the exact same thing

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X