Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davenport Problem

The Grand Valley game at Davenport could be a big problem. I figure Grand Valley will most likely bring about 10,000 fans to the Davenport stadium that will only seat about 2000 fans. Are there plans for increasing the seating capacity for this game? Just asking as a GVSU fan

Re: Davenport Problem

LOL...sure you're probably just trolling, and I hope you are right. That said: Noon start, same day as Michigan/Michigan State, and teetering on "getting too cold". I wouldn't bet much on GV rolling in with 10,000 fans.

Again, I hope you're right...

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
      LOL...sure you're probably just trolling, and I hope you are right. That said: Noon start, same day as Michigan/Michigan State, and teetering on "getting too cold". I wouldn't bet much on GV rolling in with 10,000 fans.

Again, I hope you're right...
      I am betting that the Michigan-Michigan State game will be a night game. You really think that Grand Valley can't get 10,000 to show up at Davenport?
      It all hangs on the Big Ten game being a night game.

Comment

My sources tell me they will break ground tomorrow to build enough permanent seating to accommodate the Grand Valley crowd. Client will start pouring concrete at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow.

Comment

In a pinch DU could ask East Kentwood High School to rent their field, seats 10,500 easy and has had as many as 13,800 at a game before and they have the parking and nice locker rooms too.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
            In a pinch DU could ask East Kentwood High School to rent their field, seats 10,500 easy and has had as many as 13,800 at a game before and they have the parking and nice locker rooms too.
            I would think they would have done that by now if that was considered. No way they move it on this short of notice. There's gonna be a lot of people standing at this game. Haha.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by LakerDave View Post
              I am betting that the Michigan-Michigan State game will be a night game. You really think that Grand Valley can't get 10,000 to show up at Davenport?
              It all hangs on the Big Ten game being a night game.
              "Can't get", and "will" are two different things. If the game had significant conference and/or playoff implications and the weather is nice, then maybe it'll be a big crowd. But the idea that it'll be "all GV" there might be a bit of a stretch...

Comment

On the bright side, they probably don't have a crown on their field. :wink:

Comment

The MAC has nice facilities, maybe it is time to move up!!!!!

Comment

GLIAC stadiums that can hold 10,000 visiting fans: NONE

GLIAC stadiums that can hold 5,000 visiting fans: SIX, but they would all have to be willing to let the visiting fans have more seats than the home fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles73 View Post
                      The MAC has nice facilities, maybe it is time to move up!!!!!
                      Ashland is the one winning national championships in basketball and making the playoffs in football. Maybe Ashland should move up.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                        Ashland is the one winning national championships in basketball and making the playoffs in football. Maybe Ashland should move up.
                        Lol

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                          I would think they would have done that by now if that was considered. No way they move it on this short of notice. There's gonna be a lot of people standing at this game. Haha.
                          houseman?

Comment

Rumor is they will be bring in more portable bleachers in the end zone to basically double the capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by DUpanthers View Post
                              Rumor is they will be bring in more portable bleachers in the end zone to basically double the capacity.
                              welcome to the board

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X