Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashland vs. IUP

Another big opener for the Eagles this Thursday. Last season's game was tight as expected, and many felt the Eagles blew it at the end by going way too conservative.

The Eagles lost a lot more in the offseason than IUP, but Ashland recruiting has outpaced anyone in the PSAC for many years now, so I don't look for the loss of so many starters to be as big of an issue as some may make it. The issue will be whether or not Ashland has been able to gel all the new talent together through camp. I'm anxious to see if we can come out firing this year or whether it may take a few games. We'll be starting three true freshman on the offensive line, which is a huge risk. My understanding is that all three guys are upgrades talent wise from who they're replacing, but they're still freshmen playing in their first college football game.

Losing your all-time leading passer is tough as well, but I think the D1 transfer that's replaced him is more than capable in terms of arm strength and accuracy. We'll find out if he has it upstairs.

Tough opener, I think we drop it, but hope the boys prove me wrong.

Go EAGLES!

Re: Ashland vs. IUP

Should know pretty quick how this team will be this year. I think they will have to rely heave on the defense the first part of the year. Lost a few starters but they played a ton of guys last year, should have some quality depth that will help in the first few games.

Has anyone in Ashland heard anything about Keishaun Sims? Noticed he wasn't on the roster anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
      Should know pretty quick how this team will be this year. I think they will have to rely heave on the defense the first part of the year. Lost a few starters but they played a ton of guys last year, should have some quality depth that will help in the first few games.

Has anyone in Ashland heard anything about Keishaun Sims? Noticed he wasn't on the roster anymore.

Comment

Heard from a couple people really close with the program that he lost interest in the game. To bad, he had alot of talent. On a positive note I also heard from that same people, they supposedly have a RB transfer from Michigan State on campus. I'm trying to get a name.

Comment

Oline takes time and games played together to gel, hopefully the young Eagles bring it together. I think the D is able to be leaned on early, and I actually look for some big things with the new QB and a very good WR Corp.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Who is Ashland going to be starting at QB?
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Billy Bahl, unless you know something! lol

Comment

Though loss. Have to clean up some little things if AU wants to be where they want to be.
                    Last edited by unc4life; 08-30-2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
                      Though loss. Have to clean up some little things if AU wants to be where they want to be.
                      I thought we did a pretty good job running the ball but the young oline needs to gel fast so we can give the QB enough time to throw. Kid has a cannon and we need to be able to utilize that. Our defense looked extremely fast and tackled well. Even though we lost I saw alot of positives tonight. Crap we had opportunities tonight to knock off a team that went to the Semi's last year without 2 of their better players they had playing tonight. IUP is a going to be in the conversation again this year for sure. Back to work boy's!! Next up ODU!

Comment

I really hope we can continue this series in the future, nothing but respect for the Eagles... great program, great fans.

I am surprised nobody is talking about the decision not to go for two with your last touchdown, you have nothing to lose and if you make it you only need a field goal instead of a touchdown... ending could have been completely different (although I don't think IUP is as conservative with that last drive with only a 3 point lead, plus if we learn to make a field goal maybe it doesn't matter).

Good luck the rest of the way, hope you do really well and would love a rematch.

Comment

Should Ashland Be worried about ODU

Comment

Originally posted by Bos715 View Post
                            Should Ashland Be worried about ODU
                            Oh, for sure. I would expect a close game... based upon history. ODU has been a solid program but recently has hit some bumps. But it looks like they are navigating through it. No clue how good this year's squad is though. Selfishly, I am hoping the birdies come out with a W.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                              Oh, for sure. I would expect a close game... based upon history. ODU has been a solid program but recently has hit some bumps. But it looks like they are navigating through it. No clue how good this year's squad is though. Selfishly, I am hoping the birdies come out with a W.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X