Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashland Eagle Football 18

Really excited for this year and to see how they do defending the crown. I think we will be solid on defense but the 3 freshman lineman and new QB has me a little anxious. I heard there is a RB transfer on campus from Michigan State but haven't been able to get a name. I'm sure he won't play this Thursday due to Vaughn being a senior and the Freshman from Euclid having a great camp. We have a really tough road schedule with trips to GV, FSU and ODU and the home opener against IUP will also be a battle. I think the goal should be to steal one from either GV or FSU on the road but it will be tough.

Here is a link to a pretty cool video hype video for this Thursdays opener.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=270892241061

Re: Ashland Eagle Football 18

Originally posted by RetiredAU View Post
    Really excited for this year and to see how they do defending the crown. I think we will be solid on defense but the 3 freshman lineman and new QB has me a little anxious. I heard there is a RB transfer on campus from Michigan State but haven't been able to get a name. I'm sure he won't play this Thursday due to Vaughn being a senior and the Freshman from Euclid having a great camp. We have a really tough road schedule with trips to GV, FSU and ODU and the home opener against IUP will also be a battle. I think the goal should be to steal one from either GV or FSU on the road but it will be tough.

Here is a link to a pretty cool video hype video for this Thursdays opener.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=270892241061
    Guessing it is him: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ws/1074071002/

Michigan State had one other RB transfer, but he went to Tennessee, which leaves Andrews. Andrews is also from Columbus, so it makes sense.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

RetiredAU I agree I'm excited to see what this group can do. The offensive line scares me, but if they can get through the first few games I think they will improve each week. I'm disappointed a few of the guys who have been around for awhile couldn't grab a spot on the line, but from day one back in February all I have heard is how talented these freshman offensive linemen are and have been. As for the rest of the offense you bring back pretty much all your WR,RB and TE's that have good experience, and a new QB that has been here in the spring and summer, if the offensive line can hold up the offense should be fine.

On the defensive side I am expecting big things. The one thing Coach Rose likes to do is play a lot of guys, and even with a few guys in the secondary gone, you still have a good amount of guys who saw action last year. I expect this defense to start where they left off last year and set the tone early.

Comment

Well that was a short season for Ashland. 0-2 start, probably won't make the playoffs. I feel your pain.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X