Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wayne State vs Indy

Such a sloppy game for Wayne, figuratively and literally. I'll cut to the point, defense looks like it will be average at best and offense is under-performing at this point. QB play, plain and simple, is POOR. Wayne sits at worst passing game in the conference two games in. Now listen, I understand this last game was in conditions that made passing extremely difficult but man oh man....Indy completed ALL of their passes and for 2 TDS, Wayne completed 6/18 passes for 50 yds, all of which came in a garbage time last drive! YIKES! Now WSU takes on a Ashland team that is flat out pissed and not to mention battle tested. Only thing Wayne has going for them is they are home. I expect WSU to put up a better fight and their offense to play better but frankly the defense worries me, that shutout against Walsh is misleading as Walsh has yet to score an offensive TD on the season.

Comment

New Era and MD some very good and well thought out observations and analysis. You too Wayne Statesman. I just can't get over the fact that we have been juggling qb's for so many years. Recall the year we had three and they were rotated as the play needed was determined. Thus the opposition knew what was going to happen also. So, not having been able to view the game Saturday, how did AmRhein look when he was in. As it is unfolding, it looks like and I am hoping he ascends to lead the team. I still believe the OL is good and the receivers are fast and talented. Possibly the rain hurt the passing game, but that wasn't the problem the opening game. It was poor passing that day. Interested in hearing what you saw as far as Jakes potential.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
        New Era and MD some very good and well thought out observations and analysis. You too Wayne Statesman. I just can't get over the fact that we have been juggling qb's for so many years. Recall the year we had three and they were rotated as the play needed was determined. Thus the opposition knew what was going to happen also. So, not having been able to view the game Saturday, how did AmRhein look when he was in. As it is unfolding, it looks like and I am hoping he ascends to lead the team. I still believe the OL is good and the receivers are fast and talented. Possibly the rain hurt the passing game, but that wasn't the problem the opening game. It was poor passing that day. Interested in hearing what you saw as far as Jakes potential.
        Sandman - AmRhein looked just OK. He went 0/6 in his first couple series and then finished we 3 straight completions in the final garbage time drive vs. UIndy's backups. He definitely has some arm strength was evidenced on his one long completion but he isn't as mobile as the other two (Zezula and Kupp). Frankly he wasn't any better or worse looking than the other two which is scary. Having a QB controversy between two QBs is enough of a problem but three QBs?! I don't think I've ever seen 3 QBs rotated back and forth in two games because of performance issues before.

Comment

Thanks New Era- Guess we will have to wait and see what happens against Ashland.

Comment

I know historically, and I mean old history, Wayne State wasn't a national power; when I played ('78 and '79)we had an old run down facility and we were happy to even have a team. Now the facilities are great, the field and equipment are very good, we have an administration and fan base that is very supportive and we've competed for a national championship just a few years ago. I am not satisfied with the current status quo and I'm hoping Winters and the University aren't happy either. I hate seeing Ferris, Grand valley, Ashland, Ohio Dominion, even Findley improve, maintain and gain national relevance while we slither back down the hole of mediocrity. WSU is truly a world class university, but the football team is not, and I want more, plain and simple... There's no reason we shouldn't be a perennial powerhouse in D2.

Comment

There was a time not too long ago and we were dominating Ferris. Something changed there and now they are at the top of the conference.

Comment

There was a time not too long ago and we were dominating Ferris. Something changed there and now they are at the top of the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
                  I know historically, and I mean old history, Wayne State wasn't a national power; when I played ('78 and '79)we had an old run down facility and we were happy to even have a team. Now the facilities are great, the field and equipment are very good, we have an administration and fan base that is very supportive and we've competed for a national championship just a few years ago. I am not satisfied with the current status quo and I'm hoping Winters and the University aren't happy either. I hate seeing Ferris, Grand valley, Ashland, Ohio Dominion, even Findley improve, maintain and gain national relevance while we slither back down the hole of mediocrity. WSU is truly a world class university, but the football team is not, and I want more, plain and simple... There's no reason we shouldn't be a perennial powerhouse in D2.
                  M D you stated my sentiments exactly and very nicely. I never played football at Wayne State but I am an alumnus. I have always followed the team since my student days in the 70's and have suffered through all the ups and downs, mostly downs over the years. Very disappointing to have reached a pinnacle only to fall back to mediocrity.

Comment

What happened was they hired Annese as head coach and have been a top team ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
                      You can have Matt Mitchell....please, take him. Oh wait, you said you need a coach who is hungry, driven and innovative. Mitchell is NOT your guy then. But you can still have him.
                      Lets see... Winters' record since 2011, 34-33. Mitchell's record since 2011, 60-18. Seems like a no brainer to me. I'd take Mitchell in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
                        Lets see... Winters' record since 2011, 34-33. Mitchell's record since 2011, 60-18. Seems like a no brainer to me. I'd take Mitchell in a heartbeat.
                        What is TAs

Comment

Originally posted by Bos715 View Post
                          What is TAs
                          If my math is correct 62-14

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X