Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panthers vs Huskies

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    dvaara was talking about MTU being a .500 team. You don't think they are?

Anyway, congrats to Davenport. First GLIAC win in program history.
    yes I was....and it was impressive win for Davenport...tech blew it but nonetheless they beat a decent tech team a week after they beat a pretty good Hillsdale team... they'll b in the upper half of the league within a few years

Comment

Originally posted by Bos715 View Post
      no one likes playing this game but
      DU beat Tech. Tech beat hillsdale. hillsdale beat ODU. ODU beat Ashland. and ashland beat wayne. so in theory DU could beat middle of pack Gliac teams
      Ahh yes, the good ole' transitive property of football. The spirit of Bulldog flows through you, young one...

Comment

lol I'm just explaining to you why people are getting worked up about you playing NAIA and D3 schools. That's what you asked about. So I answered. If you don't like the answer, I don't know what to tell you.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by DUpanthers View Post
          The good thing about DU's schedule is they don't play SVSU, FSU, Ash, until last Oct/Nov.
          That may be a bad thing. Often newer D2 schools, or schools just joining a power conference have starting talent, but lack the depth to battle late year attrition via injury.

Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            That may be a bad thing. Often newer D2 schools, or schools just joining a power conference have starting talent, but lack the depth to battle late year attrition via injury.

Time will tell
            I agree, but why I said what I said was they may be able to win 5-6 games before playing the power 3, just giving them some confidence to compete. I am realist, I know they have no chance of winning any of those games, but competing yes, especially if they have confidence. On the defense side of the ball they have a lot depth, offensively is where it lacks. Their defense was middle of the pack GLIAC last year, could be towards the top this year. That is why I said what I said - more for confidence, than reality. Last thing you want is to play them early in the year -- and start 0-3, 0-4 -- then it could spiral from there. If you play the middle of the road, and lesser GLIAC teams first get few wins, that builds some confidence for competing against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bos715 View Post
              no one likes playing this game but
              DU beat Tech. Tech beat hillsdale. hillsdale beat ODU. ODU beat Ashland. and ashland beat wayne. so in theory DU could beat middle of pack Gliac teams
              This just shows that any team can beat any team on any given Saturday. Tech looked good against Hillsdale and were probably overconfident going against DU at Home. Then shocked to blow a 21-10 lead with 7 mins left in the game. Credit to DU for scoring TD's on their last two possessions and winning their first GLIAC game.

Comment

Originally posted by DUpanthers View Post
                I agree, but why I said what I said was they may be able to win 5-6 games before playing the power 3, just giving them some confidence to compete. I am realist, I know they have no chance of winning any of those games, but competing yes, especially if they have confidence. On the defense side of the ball they have a lot depth, offensively is where it lacks. Their defense was middle of the pack GLIAC last year, could be towards the top this year. That is why I said what I said - more for confidence, than reality. Last thing you want is to play them early in the year -- and start 0-3, 0-4 -- then it could spiral from there. If you play the middle of the road, and lesser GLIAC teams first get few wins, that builds some confidence for competing against them.
                That makes sense

Comment

Both points are valid. Davenport is in a building stage in one of the toughest D2 conferences. You want to have some sort of winning culture to build on and if a few cream puffs help that cause, so be it. We see it all the time at the higher levels so I can't really fault them for it. Plus having a few wins could help in recruiting. 4 to 5 wins beats 1-10 any day.

For the old heads, we know the Big 3 are going to knock each other off one way or another. So when playoff time comes, one of them is usually up against a team in another conference who would get smashed head-to-head, but due to scheduling might be ahead by .0001% (or whatever crap they go by) due to OWP.
                  This dilutes the strength of the conference and the ability for us to get 3 teams into the playoffs within our region. Going forward there are a ton of teams at the D2 level within a decent traveling distance that Davenport could schedule that would give them the opportunity to come into conference play at 2-0 and keep growing the program in a positive direction. Just my thoughts.

Comment

One issue that I am sure DU has faced is the same issue every team has...finding games period! Say what ya want but at least DU has games on the schedule and their coming into the GLIAC full time will help some with schedule. Even GVSU has an open date next year due to Tiffin leaving. Enjoy the wins DU, build the program and don't worry about all the noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Nicolette View Post
                      Ahh yes, the good ole' transitive property of football. The spirit of Bulldog flows through you, young one...
                      I miss Bulldog...no one pulled harder for his team that Bulldog!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X