Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DU goes 4-0

DU win 26-10. Should been more like 40-10, but they will take. On to Northern!

Re: DU goes 4-0

congrats

Comment

Originally posted by DUpanthers View Post
      DU win 26-10. Should been more like 40-10, but they will take. On to Northern!
      Congrats. Should be an interesting matchup coming with NMU. IF DU has progressed a lot, coming away at 5-0 will confirm a lot.

Comment

Is Davenport the new Ohio Dominican?

Comment

Not sure if I can Crown Davenport just yet

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
            Is Davenport the new Ohio Dominican?
            Not sure if I'd go THAT far, but they will be competitive.

Comment

Think Realistically, if the Panthers can win 2-3 more games this season that would be a very successful season. Their Offense has struggled at times, losing Ford early in the season has not helped, in the 2 quarters he played he looked special. Majewski is doing okay, but just doesn't have the mobility or arm strength. Majewski seems to get stronger as the game goes. The defense is still the top defense in the country, we will see if they are legit over the next few weeks as GLIAC schedule ramps up. They are definitely the reason they are 4-0. This week will tell us a lot, they face the best RB in the conference, so we will see if this #1 ranked rushing defense is legit. Sparky is doing a great job getting transfers. His defense only has 3 starters from MI. So winning 6-7 games after a 1-10 season last year, will go a long ways in getting transfers and recruits. It is going to be hard to recruit the best MI kids and GR kids w/ GVSU and Ferris so close. So going to CA, FL, LA, IN, PA, SC, VA, TX, TN (states which current starters are from)- to get players is going to be key to compete year and year out.

Comment

Think Realistically, if the Panthers can win 2-3 more games this season that would be a very successful season. Their Offense has struggled at times, losing Ford early in the season has not helped, in the 2 quarters he played he looked special. Majewski is doing okay, but just doesn't have the mobility or arm strength. Majewski seems to get stronger as the game goes. The defense is still the top defense in the country, we will see if they are legit over the next few weeks as GLIAC schedule ramps up. They are definitely the reason they are 4-0. This week will tell us a lot, they face the best RB in the conference, so we will see if this #1 ranked rushing defense is legit. Sparky is doing a great job getting transfers. His defense only has 3 starters from MI. So winning 6-7 games after a 1-10 season last year, will go a long ways in getting transfers and recruits. It is going to be hard to recruit the best MI kids and GR kids w/ GVSU and Ferris so close. So going to CA, FL, LA, IN, PA, SC, VA, TX, TN (states which current starters are from)- to get players is going to be key to compete year and year out.
                I disagree. Transfers, etc are a stop gap, and a great supplement, but they will need to get into that local pool too if they want it to last. That will come with winning, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  I disagree. Transfers, etc are a stop gap, and a great supplement, but they will need to get into that local pool too if they want it to last. That will come with winning, though.
                  I agree, he brought in 44 freshman, and only 2-3 are playing, by getting transfers it allows those 44 freshman to develop, and not have to go out and play right away, like last year's team. Last thing you want is to have 22 freshman on the field in the GLIAC. Sparky is using the transfers to build the program, and then I think he will continue to use a combination of good incoming freshman w/ Transfers/juco players. Sparky did go out and recruit MI kids freshman class has 37 MI kids... then 2 IL, AL, and 1 ea CA, VA, IN. Most of if not all his Transfers were out of state from D1/Juco schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
                    Not sure if I'd go THAT far, but they will be competitive.
                    So pretty much what you're saying is DU needs to move up?

Comment

another crazy come from behind win

probably best for the gliac for due to win...gives gv FS and svsu another +.500 win if they're able to beat them

Davenport is already decent...within a couple years they will b a true force to be reckoned w

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                        another crazy come from behind win

probably best for the gliac for due to win...gives gv FS and svsu another +.500 win if they're able to beat them

Davenport is already decent...within a couple years they will b a true force to be reckoned w
                        Not exactly, considering two of their wins weren't against D2 opponents...

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Nicolette View Post
                          Not exactly, considering two of their wins weren't against D2 opponents...
                          right...they're 3-0 technically...I still think they'll finish over .500...wins vs Wayne and Northwood...then losses in last 4

northern had. no chance of +.500

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                            right...they're 3-0 technically...I still think they'll finish over .500...wins vs Wayne and Northwood...then losses in last 4

northern had. no chance of +.500
                            I know, I don't understand how Alabama ever makes it to the Playoffs beating a FCS school every year. NAIA is a scholarship based league.. a lot of DII and FCS schools play NAIA teams. DU played the 2nd best DIII team, because the team they were suppose to play backed out... They're in their 2nd season of DII football and only 3rd season ever, people are already discrediting their wins. If you don't think Concordia Ann Arbor couldn't beat these teams and probably DU you are clueless about football in general.. NAIA is a scholarship based division, that most of those players could play DII....DU is only trying to do one thing build a program..

Comment

I know, I don't understand how Alabama ever makes it to the Playoffs beating a FCS school every year. NAIA is a scholarship based league.. a lot of DII and FCS schools play NAIA teams. DU played the 2nd best DIII team, because the team they were suppose to play backed out... They're in their 2nd season of DII football and only 3rd season ever, people are already discrediting their wins. If you don't think Concordia Ann Arbor couldn't beat these teams and probably DU you are clueless about football in general.. NAIA is a scholarship based division, that most of those players could play DII....DU is only trying to do one thing build a program..
                              NCAA DII does NOT count NAIA/D3/FCS games as part of ones official record in regards to making the D2 playoffs - you should learn that because it certainly appears you are "clueless" on how football works in D2

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X