Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris vs NMU

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
    Ferris stops them on third down and then slams the QB to the ground. Self inflicted wounds. Personal foul. They're letting Northern hang around.
    as I said, it will only be within 4 TD's because you guys let them - not because anything they did

Comment

Touchdown Northern. They're running the same play and killing Ferris' D with it. 21-10. 1:24 left. Ferris needs a score and then make some half time adjustments.

Comment

21-10 at the half. Luckily Dogs get the ball back first.

Comment

Dogs 9 play 72 yd touchdown drive. Looks like they decided to come out and be physical. Ran the ball straight down their throat to start the half. 28-10.

Comment

TD Dogs. Campbell 3 yd rush. 35-10. If they would've played like this in the first half the starters could be out by now.

Comment

TD Wildcats. 35-16. Dogs complete a deep pass and then fumble. Cats drive down and score with the help of multiple Bulldog penalties. Wildcats go for 2 and don't get it.

Comment

FG Northern. 35-19. Bulldogs look like they don't want to be here. Way too many penalties and loss of focus.

Comment

Nice drive by Ferris, takes 5 mins off the clock but misses FG. 4:30 to go. Still 35-19.

Comment

Final 35-19. Not a good look, but they come out with the V. Jayru rush for 2 tds, threw for 3 more. Threw first Int of the season on end of half Hail Mary.

Comment

Final 35-19. Not a good look, but they come out with the V. Jayru rush for 2 tds, threw for 3 more. Threw first Int of the season on end of half Hail Mary.

Comment

I thought Northern did a good job exposing some of Ferris' weaknesses on O and D. On offense they got the majority of their rushing yards on a simple trap play. Ferris likes to only play 5 in the box and bring pressure off the edges but if someone can get movement on their D Line it can cause problems.

On D, Northern dropped into deep zones and kept everything in front. That was more effective than man. Jayru had to read coverage. If you notice he would just pull the ball down and take off if his initial read wasn't open.

I think Ashland is going to do the same thing and their defense is light years ahead of Northern. Jayru's physical ability is going to be the thing that pushes us over the edge. I'm interested in seeing how our D holds up. I haven't seen them play yet, but they typically try to pound the ball on us and then get play action down the field. Should be a good game.

Comment

Ferris should move up. This is bull****!

Comment

I thought Northern did a good job exposing some of Ferris' weaknesses on O and D. On offense they got the majority of their rushing yards on a simple trap play. Ferris likes to only play 5 in the box and bring pressure off the edges but if someone can get movement on their D Line it can cause problems.

On D, Northern dropped into deep zones and kept everything in front. That was more effective than man. Jayru had to read coverage. If you notice he would just pull the ball down and take off if his initial read wasn't open.

I think Ashland is going to do the same thing and their defense is light years ahead of Northern. Jayru's physical ability is going to be the thing that pushes us over the edge. I'm interested in seeing how our D holds up. I haven't seen them play yet, but they typically try to pound the ball on us and then get play action down the field. Should be a good game.

Comment

Yeah Ferris definitely was the reason the score was so close. Talent wise you could see the difference. Hopefully we play a cleaner game against Ashland.
                              Northern and Tech are always tough places to travel to and play. You dread the drive up there and dread the drive home even more.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X