Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GVSU vs MTech - Sept 22, 2018

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
    Wojo wasn't in the same stratosphere as any of these other guys. Not being mean, he just wasn't even close. As I recall it, he was actually Anes's back-up. Pretty sure he played out the rest of the game against Bloomsburg after Anes got hurt. I don't believe he "took" anything away from Brady. In fact, Brady started the Title Game as BK went heavy zone-read.
    i know...just messing around...one of those guys was a converted wide receiver...brady i believe?

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
      i know...just messing around...one of those guys was a converted wide receiver...brady i believe?
      Yep. But he was a zone-read QB in high school, and he was decently fast. Pretty ballsy/genius of BK to basically run a completely different O in the title game. Tells you how insanely good our O-line was then.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
        Yep. But he was a zone-read QB in high school, and he was decently fast. Pretty ballsy/genius of BK to basically run a completely different O in the title game. Tells you how insanely good our O-line was then.
        Definitely took courage to do that, Irish...or perhaps desperation. I was at the Bloomsburg game when Anes went down and the regular O was definitely "iffy" after Anes left. BK may have known going to the ground was his best shot to win the Championship game. And frankly, it worked...that UND TE gets tackled when he makes that catch 4th down, 4th Quarter catch and the game would have been over.

While it is a pointless argument, I still contend that 2001 GV Team (with Anes) was the best D2 Team ever. Anes doesn't go down and GV beats North Dakota in that title game by a ton. The O-lines that the 2000-2006 GV teams had were really excellent...2001 and 2002 in particular.

What's funny is I have bumped into Brady a couple of times recently. His in-laws have a place on the same lake as my in-laws. He's an assistant at Ferris...helps run the D and coaches LB's.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X