Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiffin Dragons at Wayne State Warriors

Looks like the Dragons are breathing fire, so the Boys from the D better be ready for their Ohio guests this Saturday evening. The programs seem to be going in different directions this year with Wayne State reeling from 3 straight loses and slipping down in the GLIAC while Tiffin, still undefeated, is growing into a potential Playoff team in the Great Midwest Conference this year; this is quite a change of events from years past when a Tiffin trip to WSU meant a thorough behind kicking from the "Road Grader" offensive linemen who were going to make sure some Warrior back had a good 100 yard+ rushing day in-route to another WSU win. Not sure what to expect this Saturday... I'll be there pulling for the home team, and I'm predicting a Warrior win; back-to-back losses to Tiffin would be a sad commentary of the state affairs for Wayne State.

Re: Tiffin Dragons at Wayne State Warriors

We also lost to Tiffin in 2014 and 2015. That's 3 losses out of the last 4 times we played them so they haven't been a pushover for a number of years. This underscores your point of 2 programs going in the opposite direction. Time for us to turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
      We also lost to Tiffin in 2014 and 2015. That's 3 losses out of the last 4 times we played them so they haven't been a pushover for a number of years. This underscores your point of 2 programs going in the opposite direction. Time for us to turn it around.
      For me, the only thing that would make this year a success would be a win over Grand Valley and/or Ferris. Something that would give a real emotional charge to the program that's been teetering between great and mediocre for too long.

Comment

Wayne should be fired up after last weeks loss. MD like your attitude but I think we fell off the ladder at the peek and caught ourselves somewhere in the middle after 2011.

Comment

wsu bites themselves by fumbling at the tiffin 20 when it looked like they were going to score - the tarters having a tough time scoring this year

Comment

Well so far things don't look so good for the Tartars, down 10-0 early in the 1st Q and just got stopped on a 4 and 1 on their own 40. So far Wayne State doesn't look like a team that's fired up and ready to play. Amrhein is throwing the ball everywhere but at the receivers. It looks like they're playing GV or FSU, not Tiffin.

Well they just went up 17-0 early in the 2nd Q thanks to a Wayne State turnover. We are in real trouble now.

Comment

YIKES!:stop:

Comment

Down now 24-3 at half time. Don't think the Warriors have it in them to come back in the 2nd half. You guys mentioned D1 transfers. We would need about 22 D1 transfers to make our team competitive next season. This is pitiful.

Comment

It just looks like Tiffin is the superior squad on the field... never would I have imagined such a total collapse against a Tiffin team that we used to routinely rout.

Comment

After this loss we are now assured of another losing season since we still gotta play Ferris and Grand Valley. I would say the football program has regressed to the level of where Tiffin was 5 or 6 years ago. I remember when Tiffin was a perennial loser. Now we are.

Oh by the way our next opponent is 5-0. I don't know how much more of this I can take!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
                      After this loss we are now assured of another losing season since we still gotta play Ferris and Grand Valley. I would say the football program has regressed to the level of where Tiffin was 5 or 6 years ago. I remember when Tiffin was a perennial loser. Now we are.

Oh by the way our next opponent is 5-0. I don't know how much more of this I can take!
                      I was hoping you'd somehow pick up a win for the GLIAC.. no dice. Gonna have to have some real character to tough this year out. See ya in November.

Comment

Ouch :disapointed: This loss today was the culmination of a lot of unfortunate miscues and mistakes. But the worst part was the loss of discipline and focus in the last quarter when we still had a shot at getting back in the game; dumb penalties and terrible turnovers sealed the deal. Listening to Winters in the halftime and post game interviews he sounded shell-shocked. Not sure what the next step is; he benched a 3-year starting senior quarterback for a young kid, who now seems to be making a lot of rookie mistakes. His once vaunted offensive line can't get 2 yards in 4th down situations and the special teams have been a big blow-up in crucial situations....and then all the unsportsmanlike penalties at the worst possible moments. It's a program in disarray and I sure hope he gets it back on track soon. Perfect weather and a gorgeous night was ruined by that huge stink bomb the Warriors dropped on the field tonight.

Comment

The situation with Zezula is puzzling. I thought Winters might put Zezula in at the start of the 2nd half since Amrhein was having trouble completing passes and we desperately needed to get the offense going. I'm not knocking Amrhein. Time will tell if he is the real deal or not but we have a senior QB that started for 3 years and has barely played this season and never started. Zezula must be in Winter' dog house.

Did Stinson play after the first Q or so? Was he injured or benched?

Comment

I think he was pulled after a fumble

Comment

Stinson is averaging over a fumble/per game and Winters has gotten sick of it. The fumbles are coming at very inopportune times as well thus he was benched. Hill and Moffert are solid RBs as well and are capable of carrying the load. AmRhein has now thrown 7 INTs in 3 games, not good. Zezula must be in the doghouse. All in all, Wayne is staring a 3 win season in the face once again....Discipline is a huge issue on this team. Really upsetting watching them play. If they lose at home vs. Davenport, a three win season is on the horizon...or less

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X