Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

Wayne State better watch out...the wheels seem to be falling off the Warrior wagon this year and these up-starts and former doormats are rising up and taking some revenge against the old GLIAC stand-by's... Last week's loss to Tiffin was a travesty and back-to-back home losses against Tiffin and Davenport really would be a low point in Winters' tenure since the 2011 national championship game. C'mon Warriors, we really need to turn it around and get back on the winning track...

Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

MD. Im just speechless and a loss to Davenport would make me a mute.

Comment

Comment

I hope you guys have good luck moving the ball through the air because D-port is going to shut down your running game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCommissioner View Post
          I hope you guys have good luck moving the ball through the air because D-port is going to shut down your running game.

Comment

Something is upside down in the universe when a team that's in its 3rd year of existence is favored to beat a team that's been around for 100 years. They're doing something right and we're doing something wrong. Davenport certainly deserves credit for how far they've come in such a short period but it galls me that we're in this situation.

If we have to rely on the passing game to beat DU then there is a good possibility they will still be undefeated. I don't know how a team can play 4 bad games in a row and suddenly turn things around but maybe the football gods will decide to smile on Wayne State for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
              Something is upside down in the universe when a team that's in its 3rd year of existence is favored to beat a team that's been around for 100 years. They're doing something right and we're doing something wrong. Davenport certainly deserves credit for how far they've come in such a short period but it galls me that we're in this situation.

If we have to rely on the passing game to beat DU then there is a good possibility they will still be undefeated. I don't know how a team can play 4 bad games in a row and suddenly turn things around but maybe the football gods will decide to smile on Wayne State for a change.
              they even received some votes in the coaches' poll

Comment

Don't get caught up in the 3rd year thing w/ DU. 2-3 years from now will tell the real story. Sparky knew to compete he had to go out and get transfers right away. Yes he brought in 40+ freshman this year, but he also brought in 30-40 DI/Juco transfers to build depth and get veteran type players, there are over 80+ new players from last years team, you don't get that kind of facelift, when you have establish program, like WSU. Now in 2-3 years we will be able to see how these freshman are performing. As I don't think Sparky is going to have a 80 person turnover each year. So he will have normal recruiting classes going forward. So winning now, will have a impact on getting incoming freshman to pick DU over other GLIAC schools going forward.

Saturday night should be a fun night. In reality, the next 2 games are big for DU to end the season w/ a winning record, after this week and next -- then it is GVS/Ash/FS in a row, finishing w/ SV - who is having a great season. So to get to above .500 they have to win 1 of the next 2 games. I have watched every game, and their run defense is tough. They held Mahon to 47 yards. So should be a fun game.

Comment

If Wayne loses this game....well then I think Wayne will have reached it's lowest point in a LONGGGGG time. So low that unfortunately I think dramatic changes will have to be made to the entire program

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
                    If Wayne loses this game....well then I think Wayne will have reached it's lowest point in a LONGGGGG time. So low that unfortunately I think dramatic changes will have to be made to the entire program
                    I see your and other's comments about this match up with DU. I surmise that WSU strength is with the run game. And DU's D is quite strong (seemingly) against the run. So, other than history, why should Wayne win this game? Now DU may not be that strong, but that have 3 D3 wins this season... even one AT MTU, where it's tough to play. Granted, two wins were by the slimmest of margins, but wins they were. Sell me on Wayne.. Please, sell me.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
                      Going to come down to WSU O-line vs DU's D-line and if WSU can establish the run and protect the ball. If they can then it will be a long night for DU, if not then it will be close game. DU's offense is getting better, but they still commit too many penalties, and it seems to take them few quarters to get going each week. The one thing you have going for you is that your SOS is much better, and WSU is probably the toughest team that DU will have faced so far this season. Even know WSU is 1-4, this game will tell us if DU can get to the 7-8 wins this season. I am now going to put on my cheerleading hat, and hope that DU can make the trips to WSU and Northwood to be 7-0 when the face GVSU, just to make the game more exciting before kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                        I see your and other's comments about this match up with DU. I surmise that WSU strength is with the run game. And DU's D is quite strong (seemingly) against the run. So, other than history, why should Wayne win this game? Now DU may not be that strong, but that have 3 D3 wins this season... even one AT MTU, where it's tough to play. Granted, two wins were by the slimmest of margins, but wins they were. Sell me on Wayne.. Please, sell me.
                        Yeah, It's a hard sales job. I ran through out team stats in the GLIAC and we're no better than 7th in any category. On defense, we're in that same position, 7th. The one thing you hope that a great school like WSU can build on is pride. For all practical purposes, we are a former NCAA D2 Championship runner-up, we're bigger than a lot of MAC schools and we have a reputation for being a very physical and tough offensive run game. Now we still got to go out and play the darn game... and beat an upstart Davenport program :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
                          Yeah, It's a hard sales job. I ran through out team stats in the GLIAC and we're no better than 7th in any category. On defense, we're in that same position, 7th. The one thing you hope that a great school like WSU can build on is pride. For all practical purposes, we are a former NCAA D2 Championship runner-up, we're bigger than a lot of MAC schools and we have a reputation for being a very physical and tough offensive run game. Now we still got to go out and play the darn game... and beat an upstart Davenport program :confused:
                          Thanks MD. It's gotta be frustrating times for the Tartar faithful... But yea.. "other than history." (See my post above.) :fingers-crossed:

Comment

The truth is that Wayne State is living off the fact that they played for a national championship in 2011. Very little of any consequence has happened since. The head coach has gone complacent since 2011 and keeps doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. He and the AD are convinced that we have a top D2 program but the performance on the field tells a different story. We are a bottom tier GLIAC team probably better suited for the GMAC than GLIAC.

Don't know much about DU. I've not seen them play this season and don't know their personnel but if they beat MTU and NMU than they can beat Wayne State.

Comment

The truth is that Wayne State is living off the fact that they played for a national championship in 2011. Very little of any consequence has happened since. The head coach has gone complacent since 2011 and keeps doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. He and the AD are convinced that we have a top D2 program but the performance on the field tells a different story. We are a bottom tier GLIAC team probably better suited for the GMAC than GLIAC.

Don't know much about DU. I've not seen them play this season and don't know their personnel but if they beat MTU and NMU than they can beat Wayne State.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X