Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

I agree completely. As you know if you've read many of my previous posts I've basically been saying a lot of the same things. Have been very critical of Winters for a while. It seems the team, especially the offense is playing with no emotion, no spirit, no will to win.

My question to you and other Wayne State fans is where do we go from here? I don't think the AD will fire Winters after this season even if we go 1-10 so we will be seeing more of the same probably. Although I think Winters will have to make some changes in his staff but then again he's the guy that assembled the current staff and is primarily responsible for the lousy recruiting. The future looks dim right now. I hope somebody can give me a ray of hope.

As for Stinson and Zezula I've been led to believe that Winters is loved by his players. If that's true there must something else going on behind the scenes.

Comment

Agree with much of what you guys are saying. That takes three captains of the five out of the lineup with one possibly being a quitter. Zezula was a captain last year and was not selected this year. I think that may be part of the qb problem. Im not sure what happened to Kupp but rumors of an illness have been circulating. AmRhein pretty much got the job by default. Most teams qb's are their hub and Wayne State has not had a stable situation for years. The current problems have to be addressed but long term is more important. I hope Winters stays as coach because as one of you said in a prior post, a good man, loves his players and has brought some success to the program. Im sticking with Winters and hope he gets the qbs and receiving situation changed and running like our running backs and linebackers who annually seem to be effective and respected by the rest of the league

Comment

Comment

Yes. This will be interesting. He was a savior for us 4 years ago when our starting qb went down on the first play of the first game. The second stringer lasted one series and then a true freshman took over. Kupp who came to the Awards banquet when he was a senior in high school decided to try it at Central Michigan. He returned the following year. IMO this qb shuffle has to stop. Not too long ago we had three qb's, one who could run but not pass, one who could pass but not run and another who wasn't very good at either. QB, recruiting, training, and useage must be improved or I am afraid that we are in for many more seasons like this.

Comment

The tale of the tape... it was ugly for WSU

DU WSU
            Total Yards 377 107
            Pass Yards 141 82
            Rushing Yards 236 25
            Penalty Yards 4-33 5-40
            1st Downs 18 7
            3rd Downs 5-15 1-11
            4th Downs 3-4 0-1
            TOP 39:38 20:22
            :disapointed:

Comment

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
              The tale of the tape... it was ugly for WSU

DU WSU
              Total Yards 377 107
              Pass Yards 141 82
              Rushing Yards 236 25
              Penalty Yards 4-33 5-40
              1st Downs 18 7
              3rd Downs 5-15 1-11
              4th Downs 3-4 0-1
              TOP 39:38 20:22
              :disapointed:
              DU - has been doing this all year --- the weather didn't help either..... As a DU fan, I am just as surprised as everyone else they have continue to do what they did early in the season against GLIAC opps. DU's defense continues to perform week after week...Last week they held NM to 138 yards rushing, and Mayon only had 47 yds. Northern and Quincy only 2 teams to get more than 100 yards rushing on them, it was the QB's that lead their team's rushing attack, but what is weird those games, the passing yards were under hundred. DU's defense is only giving up 14 pts a game, 54 yds rushing, 123 yards passing, and 178 yards total off a game.

The stat that is amazing is TOP -- were DU has the ball 36 mins a game, to opps 24... That helps the Defense -- teams are only coverting 19% on 3rd down, which means a lot of 3 and outs..... I don't think WSU played that poorly against other teams?

With that said, those numbers will be escalated here after the NU game -- as DU will play GVSU/ASH/FSU/SVSU --- hoping they can beat ASH/SVSU/NU to finish 9-2!

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
                Yes. This will be interesting. He was a savior for us 4 years ago when our starting qb went down on the first play of the first game. The second stringer lasted one series and then a true freshman took over. Kupp who came to the Awards banquet when he was a senior in high school decided to try it at Central Michigan. He returned the following year. IMO this qb shuffle has to stop. Not too long ago we had three qb's, one who could run but not pass, one who could pass but not run and another who wasn't very good at either. QB, recruiting, training, and useage must be improved or I am afraid that we are in for many more seasons like this.
                I was told a few months ago by a guy on the coaching staff at Warren DeLaSalle that Luke Pfromm their QB last season that signed with Wayne State in Feb is probably the best QB on Wayne's roster. He's 6'5" 230 lbs and can run. I believe he's being red-shirted, not sure but he's supposed to be a good one. We'll find out maybe next year.
                Last edited by WayneStatesman; 10-12-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DUpanthers View Post
                  DU - has been doing this all year --- the weather didn't help either..... As a DU fan, I am just as surprised as everyone else they have continue to do what they did early in the season against GLIAC opps. DU's defense continues to perform week after week...Last week they held NM to 138 yards rushing, and Mayon only had 47 yds. Northern and Quincy only 2 teams to get more than 100 yards rushing on them, it was the QB's that lead their team's rushing attack, but what is weird those games, the passing yards were under hundred. DU's defense is only giving up 14 pts a game, 54 yds rushing, 123 yards passing, and 178 yards total off a game.

The stat that is amazing is TOP -- were DU has the ball 36 mins a game, to opps 24... That helps the Defense -- teams are only coverting 19% on 3rd down, which means a lot of 3 and outs..... I don't think WSU played that poorly against other teams?

With that said, those numbers will be escalated here after the NU game -- as DU will play GVSU/ASH/FSU/SVSU --- hoping they can beat ASH/SVSU/NU to finish 9-2!
                  I applaud the Panthers for what they've accomplished so far. I can imagine how good you feel watching your team do well week after week, especially when nobody expected it. I hope your team does get to 9-2. It would knock the GLIAC and D2 for a loop.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
                    I was told a few months ago by a guy on the coaching staff at Warren DeLaSalle that Luke Pfaff their QB last season that signed with Wayne State in Feb is probably the best QB on Wayne's roster. He's 6'5" 230 lbs and can run. I believe he's being red-shirted, not sure but he's supposed to be a good one. We'll find out maybe next year.
                    If he is that good let him play this year. With the new redshirt rules I think he can play in 4 games and not lose a year of eligibility. Might be the spark that's needed. They started Zezula, a true freshman, 4 years ago when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
                      If he is that good let him play this year. With the new redshirt rules I think he can play in 4 games and not lose a year of eligibility. Might be the spark that's needed. They started Zezula, a true freshman, 4 years ago when needed.
                      Pretty sure that it doesn't apply to D2 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                        Pretty sure that it doesn't apply to D2 teams.
                        Redwing-Thanks. Looks like D1 only

Comment

Yesterdays posting of the WSU game notes for the upcoming Tech game does show that Stinson is no longer on the roster. All other players, out of the 106, remain on the reported roster. Do not know how official the game notes have to be, but Zezula and other possible departed players are still listed. Hope they all remain. Wayne State football is not known for having players quit. On the contrary .Captain Scott Toth put out on the internet that the locker room is quite united in turning things around. Every team has problems and they multiply as the losses mount up. I'm so disappointed in this years results but I am not giving up. If the passing game doesn't show improvement I might consider.

Does anybody know what has happened to Charlie Younger, our Junior Captain Center, who has not played since the Saginaw Valley game and is not on the two deep published with the game notes? It is not a plus to have 3 of your 5 Captains not playing. Deonte Nicholas(injury), Younger(?), Stinson.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X