Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State @ Grand Valley State

the thing about Jayru is this, he has that uncanny hard to define quality of being a "Winner." He has won at every level, high school, junior college and now Ferris...He is a natural leader and does just what needs to be done to win; in this game he actually caught and ran the winning touchdown pass for the victory, after managing the team for 4 grueling hard-hitting quarters against what is arguably the best program in D2. I just wish WSU could have landed him.

Comment

Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
      Oh I agree he's beat up... but he's still not a good passer. He wasn't a good passer at Cass Tech either. That's just who he is- a monster running the ball but subpar throwing. His passing stats entering this game don't really mean anything as they mostly came against bad teams. Again, nothing personal about it, but it is what it is. He's still a GREAT athlete and is always going to be one of the best players on the field. Just like with Bart Williams, but the opposite. Bart is a great QB but is a terrible runner.
      Can't knock the bad teams angle, but you still have to make the throws. Leading the nation in yds per attempt along with the rest of his stats can't just be dismissed due to not so stellar competition. Not to mention he only played 1 half of ball in most of those games. Ton of QBs out here playing 2nd rate defenses not doing what he does. I'm not saying he'd be the answer to run GVs offense or an Air Raid system, but he's more accurate than Bell was, and throws down field more than Vander Laan did. The term "great QB" is relative. I think Bart is a good QB in his system, and Jayru is good in his.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
          the thing about Jayru is this, he has that uncanny hard to define quality of being a "Winner." He has won at every level, high school, junior college and now Ferris...He is a natural leader and does just what needs to be done to win; in this game he actually caught and ran the winning touchdown pass for the victory, after managing the team for 4 grueling hard-hitting quarters against what is arguably the best program in D2. I just wish WSU could have landed him.
          He does have a little of that "just win" factor. Kinda like how Cullen was.

On the last GVSU drive, why in the blue thundering blazes are you throwing 25 yards down the field when you just need to pick up the first down, burn off some of the clock, and get a TD with very little time left? Some short dinks and dunks, just keeping the ball and moving the chains.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
            Fire Mitchell.
            Bowling Green just fired their Head Coach, send MM an application. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
              Bowling Green just fired their Head Coach, send MM an application. :bulgy-eyes:
              A lot of people are going to laugh at this, but whether you are being sarcastic or not, don't think that he won't be in on this job. I fully believe he will be looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by lakerblue View Post
                A lot of people are going to laugh at this, but whether you are being sarcastic or not, don't think that he won't be in on this job. I fully believe he will be looked at.
                Actually, it would be a good move for him, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
                  You're right MD. Jayru would have been a great addition to the Wayne State team. A well known Detroit kid playing in Detroit would have brought in more fans and may have brought some media attention to the team (which we basically have none now.) I guarantee you we would not be 1-6 if he was QB. As you said he's a winner and a leader and he would have elevated everybody else's level of play on the team. Woulda,coulda,shoulda....

Comment

TA would get it before Mitchell gets it. He has a better record, more success as a coach, and owns Mitchell. He also has the ego necessary to move up to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
                      You're right MD. Jayru would have been a great addition to the Wayne State team. A well known Detroit kid playing in Detroit would have brought in more fans and may have brought some media attention to the team (which we basically have none now.) I guarantee you we would not be 1-6 if he was QB. As you said he's a winner and a leader and he would have elevated everybody else's level of play on the team. Woulda,coulda,shoulda....
                      He probably couldn't get in at WSU - he didn't go D1 because he couldn't get in, even after JUCO for a year he still couldn't get in - xerris allows anyone in - that's the way it goes sometimes - hopefully he can do well academically to stay in school and get his degree - also hopefully its in something that will actually benefit him in the working world - I hope that's the case for every kid in college today, so many have majors that do nothing for the real world

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                        TA would get it before Mitchell gets it. He has a better record, more success as a coach, and owns Mitchell. He also has the ego necessary to move up to the next level.
                        You have a valid point there I agree. It will depend on who makes a run in the playoffs also.

TA, is older than MM. and had an off the field issue (minor, but still) Ferris also does not have one player on their roster from the state of Ohio so that could play a factor in recruiting. You can slice it many ways. Pros and cons to each being up for it.

Say what you want. They are both top 3 in winningest D2 coaches active. I think they both will be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                          He probably couldn't get in at WSU - he didn't go D1 because he couldn't get in, even after JUCO for a year he still couldn't get in - xerris allows anyone in - that's the way it goes sometimes - hopefully he can do well academically to stay in school and get his degree - also hopefully its in something that will actually benefit him in the working world - I hope that's the case for every kid in college today, so many have majors that do nothing for the real world
                          Right. TA was the only scholarship football coach that was going to take in a guy that served time for assault of two people. Mark Dantonio tried to stick by him with the body slamming of the school security guard, but he drew the line with the probation violation when he apparently assaulted his girlfriend over a phone. So off to JUCO he went. TA routinely takes guys with backgrounds, so he welcomed him in with open arms. I highly doubt Winters would have done the same.

Comment

You have a valid point there I agree. It will depend on who makes a run in the playoffs also.

TA, is older than MM. and had an off the field issue (minor, but still) Ferris also does not have one player on their roster from the state of Ohio so that could play a factor in recruiting. You can slice it many ways. Pros and cons to each being up for it.

Say what you want. They are both top 3 in winningest D2 coaches active. I think they both will be considered.
                            I'm sure both will have the opportunity to take a D1 job. I hope both do. GV is stagnant and in need of a new direction and I'm tired of losing to TA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X