Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AFCA Coaches Poll

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
    Findlay will getcha 7 or 8 wins as an ooc opponent before the year is done. (Great minds think alike Dvaara. I posted that in response to the other page before I saw your similar comment.)
    nice to see ya visiting once in awhile

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
      Totally agree and understand. All that said, they've already won 5 games so the worst they can do to our resume is .500. From a team like that, I'll take it all day.

Delta State having one of its worst years ever is going to hurt. Being leveled off by Indy helps it, but boy I sure hope they at least sneak a couple of wins in there...
      whoda thought we'd b worried about a road win at Delta St hurting us come regional rankings time?

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
        whoda thought we'd b worried about a road win at Delta St hurting us come regional rankings time?
        I'm still not that sure it matters. I know one mentioned that it does, but I've also heard from others that it doesn't.:confused: Delta and Dixie are both out of the region games. They will surely come into play for those semi's, but that's a ways out. I tried searching for the D2 championship handbook with the criteria in it, but came up empty. Once some "experts" start making some calculations I'll ask them about what games do/don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
          Yes, I get the 500 thing.

Dixie was a long time doormat in the GNAC. SD MInes struggled. They both go to the RMAC and they are mid pack or better.
          Oh believe us, we know. The top 5 teams in the G-MAC standings right now were all in the GLIAC within the last three seasons, only one of which was making the playoffs around when they left.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            Oh believe us, we know. The top 5 teams in the G-MAC standings right now were all in the GLIAC within the last three seasons, only one of which was making the playoffs around when they left.

Comment

And this could set the D2 world on its ear. https://www.woodtv.com/sports/ncaa/n...mes/1532074290

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                If you say "GV has to play them one game at a time", I will throw up in my mouth....
                Ya know that GVSU has to just take em one at a time and take care of what's 6 inches from their face. ( hows that breakfast taste) !

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                  I'm still not that sure it matters. I know one mentioned that it does, but I've also heard from others that it doesn't.:confused: Delta and Dixie are both out of the region games. They will surely come into play for those semi's, but that's a ways out. I tried searching for the D2 championship handbook with the criteria in it, but came up empty. Once some "experts" start making some calculations I'll ask them about what games do/don't count.
                  Here you go! Section 2.4, which starts on the bottom half of page 18.

2018 Championship Manual

Both overall D2 win % AND in-region D2 win % are criteria. How much weight the committee will choose to apply to each is undefined, and will happen on the conference calls. For me, in-region win % is an out-dated and unnecessary criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Nicolette View Post

2018 Championship Manual

Both overall D2 win % AND in-region D2 win % are criteria. How much weight the committee will choose to apply to each is undefined, and will happen on the conference calls. For me, in-region win % is an out-dated and unnecessary criteria.
                    This involves math..Brandon told me there would be NO MATH when I signed up..
                    https://tenor.com/view/chevy-chase-n...g-gif-10804060

Comment

2018 Championship Manual

Comment

Comment

2018 Championship Manual

Thanks T,
                          Looks like all contests count for SOS and OSOS. It's ironic that, as of now, that road record may work in GV's favor this season since NW's loss was on the road and GV's was at home. It's also a criteria that is IMO nonsensical. Losing on the road indicates what over a loss at home? If anything, one might suspect a home loss is an indication of more weakness since one has an advantage at home. So as of now, GV has a home loss and NW has a road loss. This one criteria anyway, should go GV's way. But after last season (I should have bailed on even earlier years though) I'm just going to watch the seedings and not going to attempt to understand the order. That should help keep my BP in check.:wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                            Thanks T,
                            Looks like all contests count for SOS and OSOS. It's ironic that, as of now, that road record may work in GV's favor this season since NW's loss was on the road and GV's was at home. It's also a criteria that is IMO nonsensical. Losing on the road indicates what over a loss at home? If anything, one might suspect a home loss is an indication of more weakness since one has an advantage at home. So as of now, GV has a home loss and NW has a road loss. This one criteria anyway, should go GV's way. But after last season (I should have bailed on even earlier years though) I'm just going to watch the seedings and not going to attempt to understand the order. That should help keep my BP in check.:wink:

Comment

nm
                              Last edited by Redwing; 10-19-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                                dont forget notre dame is in first place in the mountain east conference with an undefeated record not long after their winless gliac season

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X