Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwood Timberwolves vs Wayne State Warriors/ WSU Homecoming

So is there any interest in discussing this game? WSU, coming off another disappointing defeat at MTU, and win-less in the GLIAC has a chance to help right the ship with a homecoming game win over a long-time GLIAC foe, Northwood University (when I played against them in '79 it was Northwood Institute); NU has won two games in a row and will obviously bring some confidence and momentum with them into Adams Field, both things the Warriors are lacking right now. I'm really anticipating a large WSU crowd and that's all I can say about my expectations... Everything seems to be difficult for the Warriors this year, and I don't know what Winters may pull out of his bag to inspire and motivate the players... We used to be one of the premiere running attacks in the country, now it seems like we throw down field better, but then I don't recall a pass to a tight end this year... so I guess we'll just have to see. In the words of "Guys and Dolls"... "Luck be a lady tonight"

Re: Northwood Timberwolves vs Wayne State Warriors/ WSU Homecoming

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
    So is there any interest in discussing this game? WSU, coming off another disappointing defeat at MTU, and win-less in the GLIAC has a chance to help right the ship with a homecoming game win over a long-time GLIAC foe, Northwood University (when I played against them in '79 it was Northwood Institute); NU has won two games in a row and will obviously bring some confidence and momentum with them into Adams Field, both things the Warriors are lacking right now. I'm really anticipating a large WSU crowd and that's all I can say about my expectations... Everything seems to be difficult for the Warriors this year, and I don't know what Winters may pull out of his bag to inspire and motivate the players... We used to be one of the premiere running attacks in the country, now it seems like we throw down field better, but then I don't recall a pass to a tight end this year... so I guess we'll just have to see. In the words of "Guys and Dolls"... "Luck be a lady tonight"
    Got to say I respect your optimism. Although it is a homecoming game, I don't think a lot of 1-6 teams will draw any causal fans out so do not agree w/ the large crowd assessment. Also aside from beating GV and/or Ferris this season is beyond righting the ship. In my eyes we are at best looking at our second 3-8 season in 5 years or at worst, a tragic and decisive 1-10 record w/ 10 straight losses. If the worst happens, I'm afraid consequences will need to be felt across the program and athletic department as a whole.

Comment

Re: Northwood Timberwolves vs Wayne State Warriors/ WSU Homecoming

WSU could sure use a win to boost morale. They realistically only have 2 chances to feel good about themselves before the season ends. If you look at common opponents, both teams lost to Tiffin and Ashland but Northwood beat Davenport whereas Wayne State was pretty easily beaten by them so you can draw your own conclusions.
      If they have any pride left the fact that it's a homecoming game might give them a slight edge. The crowd size however will be held down by apathy and chilly weather.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X