Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I almost pity the panthers right now.

I wouldn't envy them. faced with the task of needing to beat a team who's fans can easily take over their home stadium twice over, and players all likely to be in a fowl mood after letting the game against Ferris slip away from them? Woe onto them I say.

Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

David vrs Goliath?

Comment

upon looking at this a little closer. David doesn't have a big enough stone.

Comment

As a DU fan, just wanted to get above .500 and they will achieve that. Last weeks NU game, took a lot out of DU, I don't think they came mentally prepared. Fumbling 5 times, 2 or 3 interceptions. Over the last few weeks they have lost 2-3 starting D-lineman, and a LBer. First quarter of the game Saturday, the lost 2 RB on back to back plays and lost their best WR as well in the game.. For the first time, the team really missed not have Deondre Ford at QB. Majewski been serviceable, but this past week, they seem to be running a lot more wildcat w/ Powers - which makes me think they don't trust Maj. The lost their starting center as well. Now you got to play GVSU without your best players.. Going to be a long long afternoon. As a DU fan, just want to be competitive, you have give Sparky 4-5 years to get his recruits in before you start evaluating. GVSU losing -- they just might put a 60 spot the board.

Either way - the next 4 weeks will tell us a lot about the DU -- they just need to compete, and not turn the ball over -- good chance you might see true freshman Daniels at QB as well, kid has a canon...

NU going to win a lot of games down the stretch as well, as they have already been through the gauntlet.

Comment

Originally posted by DUpanthers View Post
          As a DU fan, just wanted to get above .500 and they will achieve that. Last weeks NU game, took a lot out of DU, I don't think they came mentally prepared. Fumbling 5 times, 2 or 3 interceptions. Over the last few weeks they have lost 2-3 starting D-lineman, and a LBer. First quarter of the game Saturday, the lost 2 RB on back to back plays and lost their best WR as well in the game.. For the first time, the team really missed not have Deondre Ford at QB. Majewski been serviceable, but this past week, they seem to be running a lot more wildcat w/ Powers - which makes me think they don't trust Maj. The lost their starting center as well. Now you got to play GVSU without your best players.. Going to be a long long afternoon. As a DU fan, just want to be competitive, you have give Sparky 4-5 years to get his recruits in before you start evaluating. GVSU losing -- they just might put a 60 spot the board.

Either way - the next 4 weeks will tell us a lot about the DU -- they just need to compete, and not turn the ball over -- good chance you might see true freshman Daniels at QB as well, kid has a canon...

NU going to win a lot of games down the stretch as well, as they have already been through the gauntlet.
          northwood will not win a lot of games down the stretch...they will beat wayne but not svsu or at michigan tech in the snow

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            Ia team who's fans can easily take over their home stadium twice over,
            I am looking forward to seeing a pic of the visitors side hill for this contest.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioD2 View Post
              I am looking forward to seeing a pic of the visitors side hill for this contest.
              I'm sure GV fans will trickle into the main seats. There really is no true home or away side in college football, despite most stadium designs and ticket sales indicating that there is.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                players all likely to be in a fowl mood after letting the game against Ferris slip away from them?
                Fowl mood? Does that mean the players feel like birds?

Comment

All I know is regardless of the score, GVSU better strap 'em up pretty tight for this. DU plays with a serious edge and they will come and hit you for sure. Spark does a great job of getting whoever is playing to play with a swagger.

Comment

Strange they would use a year of eligibility on a freshman QB so he could go 0-3 passing and run for 2 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                      I'm sure GV fans will trickle into the main seats. There really is no true home or away side in college football, despite most stadium designs and ticket sales indicating that there is.
                      I am sure you are looking at your ticket but mine has assigned seating on it just like a GV game...there will be none of that seat trickle on the DU watch.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIACWatcher View Post
                        All I know is regardless of the score, GVSU better strap 'em up pretty tight for this. DU plays with a serious edge and they will come and hit you for sure. Spark does a great job of getting whoever is playing to play with a swagger.
                        In listening to coach Mitchell he has said that this is not an easy game. I am sure that GVSU will give DU complete focus and respect as their D is very solid and Sparky knows his football. For a young program they have done well and with their budget they will only get better...FAST!

Comment

They have a good size offensive line, and seem pretty solid on the defensive line too... Not sure what happened with their Northwood loss, but I'm sure they will be fired up to take on the hallowed GVSU program. I think this may be a more competitive game than a blowout. But I give the nod to the Lakers; their post season plans would hit a serious roadblock if they lose this one.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                            I am sure you are looking at your ticket but mine has assigned seating on it just like a GV game...there will be none of that seat trickle on the DU watch.
                            true that.. but if the smaller side is sold out, and I was looking for a ticket, I'd end up buying it on the "other" side. I also thought they were moving in temp. bleachers. I wonder who gets those seats? Students? (band maybe?) I didn't look when I bought my tixs.

I do wonder if there will be much of a crowd anyway. There is that, uhem, other game going on. Plus weather looks on the edge. I do hope that GV support is larger than the DU one, but it may not be as large as some are thinking.

Comment

Excuses. Everyone has injuries. Especially this time of the year. GV was without there starting left tackle and D tackle vs. Ferris. They made no excuses. They just went out and played a great game in a loss. Next man up. Excuses are for losers. Just a week ago Davenport were world beaters. 1 loss latter nothing but excuses.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X