Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GVSU vs Davenport Game Thread - 10-20-18

Offense was bad, true, HOWEVER, you can't ignore that horrendous weather. Even though it was "nice" for the first quarter, the players had to sit around for 45 minutes before the game even started and they warmed up through some truly awful rain and wind. Even after dealing with all of that, the offense marched right down the field on the first drive and if Provencher doesn't fumble near the goal line, we most likely go up 7-0 and we're off and running. Then Bart is banged up, the weather got worse, and well that was the perfect recipe for Davenport. What Kle said about Davenport is all true and ALL good teams have letdown weeks, especially in bad weather.

I was just as pissed as anyone while watching the play-calling and overall lackluster offensive performance, but let's just hope we heal up and then we'll see what we're made of against a tough Cardinal team.

Comment

Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
      Offense was bad, true, HOWEVER, you can't ignore that horrendous weather. Even though it was "nice" for the first quarter, the players had to sit around for 45 minutes before the game even started and they warmed up through some truly awful rain and wind. Even after dealing with all of that, the offense marched right down the field on the first drive and if Provencher doesn't fumble near the goal line, we most likely go up 7-0 and we're off and running. Then Bart is banged up, the weather got worse, and well that was the perfect recipe for Davenport. What Kle said about Davenport is all true and ALL good teams have letdown weeks, especially in bad weather.

I was just as pissed as anyone while watching the play-calling and overall lackluster offensive performance, but let's just hope we heal up and then we'll see what we're made of against a tough Cardinal team.
      As someone who was there and sat through it, I can ignore it. Both teams had to play in it, so sorry Man...that is an excuse I will simply never buy.

Helluva first drive, and #11 isn't known as a fumbler so I guess we chalk that one up to "the breaks". Either way, to move 94 yards and get no points sucked. Beyond that, we struggled in short yardage (0 for 3 on 3rd/4th and three or less), and our three red zone trips netted us six total points. When a team like DU that plays hard/chippy and has a good defensive front, you simply MUST demoralize them by converting in short yardage and in the red zone. Just have to.

We were slightly better the week before (particularly in goal-to-go), but I think we had two 3rd-and-one's and a 4th-and-one that all went begging in that game. Simply have to convert those...couple were at key points in the 2nd half. All of our big/explosive plays are great, but Championship teams can hit you in the mouth when they need a yard or two...we simply don't seem to have that streak to us.

Look, I don't want to lay this all at the feet of the O...there were some backend lapses on D in both games that were headscratchers. That said, as for this past Saturday the premise that we don't have at least 21 on the board by the break is just...well, inexcusable. We pull that kinda crap this Saturday and...ugh...

Comment

Is Williams healthy enough to play at SV

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
          Is Williams healthy enough to play at SV
          I will tell you at 1:15 check back then.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X