Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    One of the biggest media markets in D-II.

Comment

Re: First Set of Seedings

A big thing nobody touched on is the fact ferris is trying to get the play eligible by the ncaa for this season,which is still a big part in the story, i wonder what the effects would be on that

Comment

Originally posted by Bos715 View Post
        A big thing nobody touched on is the fact ferris is trying to get the play eligible by the ncaa for this season,which is still a big part in the story, i wonder what the effects would be on that
        Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

I don't understand why the need to be a condescending douche about any of this, but alright. Simply saying that the NCAA and GLIAC are going to get a lot of negative questions about it if any punishment is handed down during this season. Not sure why that means being a dick is warranted.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I honestly think the NCAA is more likely to lay down the hammer on a school like Ferris. They're known for picking on the little guys with rules enforcement and allowing the money-making power 5 schools to get away with almost whatever they want.

Comment

The area newspaper and three of the four local TV stations all cover Ferris and GVSU regularly. If Ferris had to forfeit any games, it would be the top story on all of those outlets, as well as in the Detroit Free Press.
              Yeah they would get some bad local press. That's not what I think of when I read "media storm"

It's not like the major networks are going to talk about it endlessly until the next NFL'er beats up a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                I honestly think the NCAA is more likely to lay down the hammer on a school like Ferris. They're known for picking on the little guys with rules enforcement and allowing the money-making power 5 schools to get away with almost whatever they want.
                As an aside:
                Do you not think the actual money makers should get a bigger say?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  As an aside:
                  Do you not think the actual money makers should get a bigger say?
                  Do I think the P5 schools should get more leeway than the non-P5 schools? No, I don't. I think the NCAA exists for a reason: Create a playing field, establish rules that ensure the playing field is fair for all, and enforce those rules for all members. I don't think Alabama should be able to get away with X, Y, and Z while UNA gets the hammer for the same things. I know capitalism/the almighty dollar says otherwise, but I'm too altruistic to buy into that concept. However, that is the current system in place and for that reason, I would not be surprised to see them fully enforce the rule in this situation.

Comment

I don't understand why the need to be a condescending douche about any of this, but alright. Simply saying that the NCAA and GLIAC are going to get a lot of negative questions about it if any punishment is handed down during this season. Not sure why that means being a dick is warranted.
                    Condescending douche is my brand.

Why would the NCAA get one negative question about punishing a team for breaking its rules? That's what the nullification rules are there for.

Comment

• Re: First Set of Seedings

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                      Condescending douche is my brand.

Why would the NCAA get one negative question about punishing a team for breaking its rules? That's what the nullification rules are there for.
                      They shouldn't. But they would.

There's a lot of D-II schools that could get punished and nobody is going to even turn their head to look at it. I'm just saying that in this case, if the NCAA were to actually do their jobs, it is going to be under the microscope and there's going to be questions about it. I just think the NCAA is going to try and avoid that.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Re: First Set of Seedings

They shouldn't. But they would.

There's a lot of D-II schools that could get punished and nobody is going to even turn their head to look at it. I'm just saying that in this case, if the NCAA were to actually do their jobs, it is going to be under the microscope and there's going to be questions about it. I just think the NCAA is going to try and avoid that.
                        I told somebody else the NCAA can move pretty slowly, so it's possible nothing will happen until after the season. But if that's the case, they need to just throw the nullification penalties out the window, because it's hard to imagine a more cut-and-dried case.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X