• Ferris-Wayne

Re: Ferris-Wayne

WSU chasing 10 with 856 to go. WSU driving from mid field

Comment

38-28 xsu

Comment

Only heard the first half, but WSU really gave a good effort, and they made some big plays, don't know what elixir Winters has concocted over these last 2 weeks but he seems to be getting much more spirited play from his players. He made some calls to the tight end and even pulled off a couple of trick plays that showed me he is getting more aggressive. The Warrior/Tartar Heart is still beating; if they keep playing like this, we still can pull an upset of Grand Valley

Comment

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
          Only heard the first half, but WSU really gave a good effort, and they made some big plays, don't know what elixir Winters has concocted over these last 2 weeks but he seems to be getting much more spirited play from his players. He made some calls to the tight end and even pulled off a couple of trick plays that showed me he is getting more aggressive. The Warrior/Tartar Heart is still beating; if they keep playing like this, we still can pull an upset of Grand Valley
          That we don't want...

Comment

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
            Please no. But I get it. Here's hoping we get by Aland and then fend off your feisty warriors.

Comment

Wayne St. didn't look like a 2-6 team. They physically dominated Ferris in the 1st half when they were on offense, lined up in the I formation and just ran the ball down their throat controlling the clock. I think they found their guy in their 3rd string tailback, 6'2 225 pound kid. This is the kid that ran for 235yds against Northwood. Their running game really opened up their play action. If they had a quality quarterback and little better defense, they would be for real.

For some reason, Winters didn't play this kid for most of the 3rd and their running game stalled. Maybe disciplinary reasons or something, but it killed their momentum. Either way I was impressed. A lot of the kids look like they should be coming back next year so they should see better results.

Comment

The RB you're referring to is James Hill. He's been a pleasant surprise for Wayne State in an otherwise dismal season. He got a chance to play because we lost our two top running backs early in the season. One to injury and the other-a transfer from Ferris BTW- left the program (not sure why). I wasn't able to listen to the game so I have no idea why Hill might have been held out late in the game but I hope it wasn't due to an injury.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X