Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA, GLIAC and Ferris

When or WILL this Ferris State player issue be resolved. I know the NCAA does not give a tinkers damn about D2 football but one would think that the GLIAC commissioner would make a ruling. Perhaps this would be a sign of life out of that office. I dont see the GLIAC office doing anything about this or the poor officiating that goes on every week. It is laughable in some of the games. Perhaps someone should call or visit the office and see if they are indeed even there or awake?

Discuss

Re: NCAA, GLIAC and Ferris

This issue will be resolved in March, Ferris will have to forfeit their Gliac championship and playoff wins!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles73 View Post
      This issue will be resolved in March, Ferris will have to forfeit their Gliac championship and playoff wins!

Comment

TA and Ferris will get a little pat on the behind, a good game, and a "you're naughty" from the NCAA.

Comment

I'll guess they lose 4 scholarships for next year

Comment

My prediction:
            They take away everyone's cell phone priveleges for 5 weeks.

Comment

I am not new to d2football.com. but am new to the Messaage Board. Wondering could get a bit more background info on the Ferris State situation. I just heard about it last weekend at the Pitt State-Mo Western game but did not want to say any further about it as was just a rumor. But from reading the MB, it seems to be the "real thing" and would just like to know a bit more. Appreciate any help. Obviously, I am a Pitt State Gorilla fan/alum1966).
              Casey

Comment

Originally posted by gorilla View Post
                I am not new to d2football.com. but am new to the Messaage Board. Wondering could get a bit more background info on the Ferris State situation. I just heard about it last weekend at the Pitt State-Mo Western game but did not want to say any further about it as was just a rumor. But from reading the MB, it seems to be the "real thing" and would just like to know a bit more. Appreciate any help. Obviously, I am a Pitt State Gorilla fan/alum1966).
                Casey
                A defensive lineman started his collegiate career as a wrestler at Michigan, transferred to Kent State the next year to play football and was redshirted, and transferred to Ferris the next year and played right away. Under the 4-4-4 rule, he would have had to sit this year since it was his second transfer between 4 year institutions. Allegedly, he initially approached Grand Valley. The interest was mutual and GV told him he would have to sit for 2018. He also went to Ferris with interest and was told by them he could play right away. So...He ended up at Ferris and played as a backup DL the first 4 weeks before the infraction was discovered.
                Last edited by BeachinLaker; 11-01-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                  A defensive lineman started his collegiate career as a wrestler at Michigan, transferred to Kent State the next year to play football and was redshirted, and transferred to Ferris the next year and played right away. Under the 4-4-4 rule, he would have had to sit this year since it was his second transfer between 4 year institutions. Allegedly, he initially approached Grand Valley. The interest was mutual and GV told him he would have to sit for 2018. He also went to Ferris with interest and was told by them he could play right away. So...He ended up at Ferris and played as a backup DL the first 4 weeks before the infraction was discovered.
                  Do you know if Grand Valley reported him for playing for Ferris.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
                    Do you know if Grand Valley reported him for playing for Ferris.
                    I have no idea. I have also heard that more than just Grand Valley conveyed this. Ferris claims to have self-reported it, but I'm sure they didn't just magically figure it out a full month into the season without some kind of outside input on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                      I have no idea. I have also heard that more than just Grand Valley conveyed this. Ferris claims to have self-reported it, but I'm sure they didn't just magically figure it out a full month into the season without some kind of outside input on the matter.
                      I'm pretty certain.. though not first hand certain... that GV informed the NCAA and GLIAC about this after the 4th week... something about seeing the kid on game tape. IMO, it shouldn't matter if GV did or didn't.. though some could speculate that Xerris turned themselves in AFTER such communication was made.

But, like you mentioned, there also hasn't been an explanation by XSU, at least publicly, as to why they changed their position on the eligibility. And the student was aware that at least one school's position is that he had to sit a year.

Comment

I dont think anyone really thinks that the NCAA will do squat about this before the playoff run...if Ferris ran the table and won the Natty the only thing that would change is their record then, tell me that is not exactly what the GLIAC office hopes...get the pub and punish them in the off season when really it will amount to anything..GLIAC could have moved by now if they really wanted to ...who knows...all I know is ya better win each game and hope your guys stay healthy.

Comment

The NCAA will probably decide that the best way to punish Ferris is to put Northern Michigan on probation.

Comment

Nice Jerry Tarkanian quote! NCAA so mad at Kentucky, they gave Cleveland St. 4 years probation! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                              I dont think anyone really thinks that the NCAA will do squat about this before the playoff run...if Ferris ran the table and won the Natty the only thing that would change is their record then, tell me that is not exactly what the GLIAC office hopes...get the pub and punish them in the off season when really it will amount to anything..GLIAC could have moved by now if they really wanted to ...who knows...all I know is ya better win each game and hope your guys stay healthy.
                              This has been my stance the whole time. Neither the NCAA nor the GLIAC care enough to do anything despite the rule explicitly being written down. They'll get a slap on the wrist after the season, and nobody will ever find out what, if any, punishment there is.
                              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X