Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU vs Wayne State

A fitting end to a miserable season. Wayne State couldn't win a game at home on senior day against a team with no GLIAC wins. To be fair NMU outplayed the hapless Tartars and deserved to win. Wayne State definitely deserves to be in last place in the conference. They don't play with any pride or passion.

BTW, I didn't see Zezula's name on the list of seniors.

Winters record to date since 2011, 35-40.
    Last edited by WayneStatesman; 11-03-2018, 02:22 PM.

Re: NMU vs Wayne State

They will be ready when they come to Lubbers next weekend though - we know that - always hard hitting Tartars

Comment

Comment

not good...well just don't get all fired up and playing like you should next week - we need a high seed in the playoffs and losing to you will not help that

Comment

Anything can happen when two teams battle for the highly coveted Wooden Shoes Trophy!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
            Anything can happen when two teams battle for the highly coveted Wooden Shoes Trophy!
            WSU probably going to have the advantage right from the start with a mainly rushing attack. Looks like snow showers are in the forecast.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I am still sickened by last Saturdays loss. Can't even think about this week and wooden shoes'

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
                A fitting end to a miserable season. Wayne State couldn't win a game at home on senior day against a team with no GLIAC wins. To be fair NMU outplayed the hapless Tartars and deserved to win. Wayne State definitely deserves to be in last place in the conference. They don't play with any pride or passion.

BTW, I didn't see Zezula's name on the list of seniors.

Winters record to date since 2011, 35-40.
                Too bad he did not finish out the season, good kid, real nice family but another example of a Wayne State Quarterback who never progressed from his high school days. When is this going to change?

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
                  I am still sickened by last Saturdays loss. Can't even think about this week and wooden shoes'

Yeah.... I'm still reeling from that last 1:00 of NMU game; let's call it Wayne State football follies. Northern Michigan was ripe for the picking, and we shot ourselves in the foot again. Wildcats in the UP will be laughing and high-fiving all week at that pick 6 and big win, while we are frowning and scratching our heads.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...499518031.html

Comment

I don't know what Amrhein was looking at on that last play. I don't think there was a Warrior within 10 yards of where he threw that pass. After starting almost every game this season I would have expected Amrhein to make better decisions. We coulda and shoulda won that game but that's how this season has gone...lots of mistakes and missed opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
                      Yeah.... I'm still reeling from that last 1:00 of NMU game; let's call it Wayne State football follies. Northern Michigan was ripe for the picking, and we shot ourselves in the foot again. Wildcats in the UP will be laughing and high-fiving all week at that pick 6 and big win, while we are frowning and scratching our heads.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...499518031.html
                      And could someone tell me who was in the backfield with Amrhein on the last play of the first half when from the 1 he just ran right towards a NM defender at the goal line and was knocked back three yards. Charron, our 99% of the time blocking fullback was on the sidelines and had played the prior play. What happened. Did we not have a time out left? There was not a blocker for Amrhein within 7 yards and he is not known for his running ability. Both of these plays were game changers in my opinion.

Comment

This latest loss is as bad as it gets....WSU is in LAST place in the conference, LAST. Wow. Can this program please begin taking accountability and accept the fact that we are simply a bad team? Also Sandman, pretty sure that was Charron in, think he missed the block on the safety who stuck Amrhein on the goal-line. Something has to change guys, wonder what your opinion on what that change should be.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
                          This latest loss is as bad as it gets....WSU is in LAST place in the conference, LAST. Wow. Can this program please begin taking accountability and accept the fact that we are simply a bad team? Also Sandman, pretty sure that was Charron in, think he missed the block on the safety who stuck Amrhein on the goal-line. Something has to change guys, wonder what your opinion on what that change should be.
                          You are right its as bad as it gets. Last in the conference. You may be right on Charron being in, but whoever it was didn't miss a block, he went towards the tackle inside and left the outside defender standing alone and Amrhein ran directly towards the defender who was probably as surprised as anybody. Tried to review the play on sidearm but couldn't get it to work. We have some great talent on this team, the oft injured Deontae Nicholas, two excellent safeties, Scott Toth and true freshman Tieler Houston, running back James Hill, Darece Roberson WR, Anthony Pittman and Leon Eggleston LB's, and a decent OL of Richardson, Helms, Younger, Potter, and Tochstein. All will be be back next year except Helms, Richardson, and Pittman. Some good talent is there, but something needs to be added and plenty of it to turn this around. Wonder what the President of the University thinks. He and his wife are at most of the games. People were donating big money when we were playing well and bringing national attention to a large nationwide alumni.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                            WSU probably going to have the advantage right from the start with a mainly rushing attack. Looks like snow showers are in the forecast.
                            You are being sarcastic no?:confused: The only advantage WSU will have is .... wait, they won't have any.:smile-big: Oh wait, GV's long snapper got nicked up last week and maybe he can't play Saturday (no data though.) So yeah, maybe WSU has the advantage at long snapper.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                              You are being sarcastic no?:confused: The only advantage WSU will have is .... wait, they won't have any.:smile-big: Oh wait, GV's long snapper got nicked up last week and maybe he can't play Saturday (no data though.) So yeah, maybe WSU has the advantage at long snapper.
                              I mean, their offense is built around the running game, which markedly has an advantage in bad weather. GV's offense is built off 50/50 balls deep down field, which marked have a disadvantage in bad weather. Additionally, when we do run, it is almost exclusively out of shotgun and relying on cuts rather than downhill. Again, a disadvantage.

I'm confident GV will have the talent to win regardless, but if the weather is bad, I could see a scenario where things are a lot closer than they should be.
                              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X