• Show
Clear All

• Re: Wayne State Warriors at Grand Valley Lakers

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Higgs, Go eat a Snickers dude.

Comment

Originally posted by higgs21 View Post
      I do expect to see growth from a coaching staff who has substantially more talent top-to-bottom than the remainder of the league, and most of D2.
      I don't believe this to be true. Especially not "substantially." You have a competitive school less than an hour away with markedly-easier admission standards and a lackadaisical compliance department, and you support a school who has had its own admission standards go up. The game has changed over the last 15 years. I'm pretty sure every GV fan will agree to some extent about being more "imaginative" on offense and getting more variety. You can see that from almost everyone on here over the last handful of years. And if you've attended any games recently, you can hear almost every fan yelling about it from the stands. But that doesn't change that competing for league titles and playoff appearances every year is no reason to get rid of your coach. We were spoiled for years with the results we were getting, and I think it finally came around to people that that was an aberration, not the norm, and they are struggling with realizing that, still. I would think people would have figured that out when they saw that the head coach responsible for that has been the head coach at one of the most prestigious schools in the history of the sport for a decade, and the coach who followed him was part of that same school and was on the sideline as a coordinator for an FBS national championship game. Also, that latter coach is the one who started the whole "go for the big play every passing play" offense with these back shoulder fades. He just still had the talent advantage when he was doing it, and that doesn't exist anymore, as referenced by the first part of my post.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

We need a new head coach for starters. It's obvious whatever Winters had working for him in his 1st 8 seasons has been lost in his last 7 seasons where he's gone 35-41. This was his worst season since his very first one in 2004.

I find it ironic that some GV people are complaining about their head coach after a 10-1 season and our guy's job is secure despite going 2-9 and presiding over a deteriorating program since 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
          We need a new head coach for starters. It's obvious whatever Winters had working for him in his 1st 8 seasons has been lost in his last 7 seasons where he's gone 35-41. This was his worst season since his very first one in 2004.

I find it ironic that some GV people are complaining about their head coach after a 10-1 season and our guy's job is secure despite going 2-9 and presiding over a deteriorating program since 2011.
          Create a culture of coaching accountability and get your guy out. Stop donations to the football program until your athletic director makes much needed coaching changes. Money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by higgs21 View Post
            The fact is, we have more talent and depth than virtually any team in D2 and our unimaginative play calling, poor clock management, and general inflexibility are what prohibit us from being the perennial power we were.
            we do NOT have the most talent and depth of virtually any team in D2 - have you seen every team, no you haven't - about these two, have you seen UWG or VSU? - both of those teams have more talent, speed and depth than we do or any other team in the GLIAC for that matter - I don't know if we could compete with them IF we got that far - you clearly don't know what you are talking about - there is a LOT of talent in D2 across the country today - all the top programs get excellent players, D1 transfers and speed - get a grip - enjoy the product on the field - cheer the for our team and lets see how far this group of Lakers go this year - shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
              Create a culture of coaching accountability and get your guy out. Stop donations to the football program until your athletic director makes much needed coaching changes. Money talks.
              You make good points-money does talk. I suspect there's not a lot of money being donated to the program to begin with but that's my opinion, I have no facts to back that up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X