Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 11/5 Regional Rankings

I agree with Ian that I don't think Ferris will end up with the top seed. This has nothing to do with the 4-4-4 rule issue either.

OBU finishes with Henderson St who is currently 6-4. Ferris finishes with William Jewel who currently sits at 1-8 overall. This difference, plus the fact OBU will have beaten 2 top 10 teams in the region compared with Ferris beating 1, may push OBU ahead of Ferris.

Interestingly enough, 2 former GLIAC members might have a huge impact on where Ferris is seeded. Findlay (who Ferris beat handily earlier this season), plays Tiffin in their season finale. If Findlay beat Tiffin, Findlay could possibly jump into the SR1 top 10 and that would help Ferris's cause as the Ferris - Findlay game should be in-region under the adjacent state rule.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
      7 teams. #1 seed gets a bye and plays the 4/5 winner in round two. Higher seed hosts throughout the region.
      I don't think the higher seed automatically is the host throughout the post-season. I think the NCAA still uses the bidding process for hosting the games and if the higher seed meets the bidding requirement they will be chosen to host. If they can't meet the requirements they can be passed over. This is typically not seen in the football playoffs, but is seen in other sports at the D2 level. I have witnessed it several times in volleyball where the #1 seed does not always host the regional. Other sports have had the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post
        I don't think the higher seed automatically is the host throughout the post-season. I think the NCAA still uses the bidding process for hosting the games and if the higher seed meets the bidding requirement they will be chosen to host. If they can't meet the requirements they can be passed over. This is typically not seen in the football playoffs, but is seen in other sports at the D2 level. I have witnessed it several times in volleyball where the #1 seed does not always host the regional. Other sports have had the same issue.
        Happened in 2014 where GVSU was the #3 seed in volleyball yet still hosted regionals (Truman State was #1 seed and Ferris State was #2 seed)

Comment

I agree with Ian that I don't think Ferris will end up with the top seed. This has nothing to do with the 4-4-4 rule issue either.

OBU finishes with Henderson St who is currently 6-4. Ferris finishes with William Jewel who currently sits at 1-8 overall. This difference, plus the fact OBU will have beaten 2 top 10 teams in the region compared with Ferris beating 1, may push OBU ahead of Ferris.

Interestingly enough, 2 former GLIAC members might have a huge impact on where Ferris is seeded. Findlay (who Ferris beat handily earlier this season), plays Tiffin in their season finale. If Findlay beat Tiffin, Findlay could possibly jump into the SR1 top 10 and that would help Ferris's cause as the Ferris - Findlay game should be in-region under the adjacent state rule.
          Henderson is 5-5. Though I like your point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by ftballfan View Post
            Happened in 2014 where GVSU was the #3 seed in volleyball yet still hosted regionals (Truman State was #1 seed and Ferris State was #2 seed)
            I believe that happened though because neither school submitted bids to host. I believe those are required to be submitted shortly after the season starts, maybe earlier, and most schools won't submit them if they don't believe they have a chance to be the top seed in the first place.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
              I believe that happened though because neither school submitted bids to host. I believe those are required to be submitted shortly after the season starts, maybe earlier, and most schools won't submit them if they don't believe they have a chance to be the top seed in the first place.
              No clue with respect to the process that needs to be followed, but I can't recall the last time a higher ranked football team didn't host the game. I wouldn't begin to know where to look, but there can't be many?

Comment

Comment

Yeh, but we are GAC, and Ferris is Ferris. No way they will drop unless they are punished for the ineligible player.

Comment

Originally posted by MilSF View Post
                    Yeh, but we are GAC, and Ferris is Ferris. No way they will drop unless they are punished for the ineligible player.

Comment

This time we have film on our current defense to iron out the wrinkles.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X