Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    I just have to ask.. You like Owens? (I'm not entering the MM discussion here. Too emotional for me right now.)
    Yeah overall I do. I think Owens has turned Ashland into a top 25 program pretty much year in and year out. I think he and his staff did a good job this year losing basically their whole Off. Line plus Tarnowski. Then Bahl gets suspended going into the ODU game and we had to play a Freshman on the road which wasn't easy. AU played hard and was competitive as you saw in the Ferris and GVSU games.

The only thing is Owens hasn't been able to get us over the hump. Last year I think we had the talent to beat Harding. That was a game the Eagles should have won. We played terribly in a home playoff loss to West Texas A&M at home as well. So I think Owens biggest negative is the same as Mitchell, playing well in big games. Not that Owens has taken the Eagles as far as Mitchell which I think is the frustration from AU fans. We've had a couple of teams including last year that should have gone past the second round but that's kind been our ceiling with Owens as the Head Coach.

Comment

• Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
      No one said we were feeling real good about the loss at all - also, GV football is hardly mediocre but with your name I'm not sure why you are even commenting and why you even care being that you seem to be an Irish fan - go root for the Irish, another team that hasn't down anything nationally in forever or does that not matter?
      Dear Billy, if I did not know you I would be disappointed that a man of Irish Heritage such as yourself would know the significance of the year 1916 in the history of Ireland. But since I do know you I am not surprised. Have a great Thanksgiving but try to stay out of the Florida sun for too long as it tends to short circuit your thought process. See you in Allendale at one of the football alumni events.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X