Ferris St. @ Ashland

Comment

Grand Valley St @ Northwood

Davenport @ Northern Mich.

Michigan Tech @ Saginaw Valley

Wayne St. @ Quincy

Ferris St. @ Ashland

Comment

Grand Valley St @ Northwood - Lakers hitting the road for the first time this year and are coming off a tough and physical game. It is also GVSU's first early kick this season which the have struggled with a times over the years. Northwood has played both of their opponents closer this year than I expected but this game is a step up in opponent. GVSU will have Peterson starting his first game at QB. If Northwood can stop the GVSU O at a decent clip they could maybe hang around for a while in this one but I don't see any way that they can score enough on the GVSU D to pull out the upset. GVSU by 31.

Davenport @ Northern Mich. - This figures to be the most contested game of the week in the GLIAC. Both teams had disappointing weeks last weeks in my opinion. I was surprised that the Davenport offense was not more effective vs LEC. The face that Davenport has only one game under their belt makes this game a lot harder to get a read on them. The swing in the game is all about the Davenport offense. If they play like they did last week down in Painsville then they lose this game but if they can generate a better performance than I like them getting the road win. The Davenport defense will keep this a low scoring game either way and special teams is going to play a big role in this game as well. This game is pretty much a coin toss for me and I tend to lean towards the better defensive teams when that is the case so I will take Davenport to get it done. DU by 3

Michigan Tech @ Saginaw Valley - Tech with back to back to back road trips to start off the season. At least Saginaw is one of their shorter road trips but that is going to be a tough hurdle to overcome. Saginaw is looking like a solid football team that may be fighting with Ashland for third place in the GLIAC this year. It will be interesting to see where water finds its level with the Saginaw offense. At times it seems like they move the ball with ease and are explosive and at times they go through stretches of not doing much at all. Tech has had a nice start to the season but like Northwood, they have their first step up in opponent this week. Tech will give it all they got but I see them taking their first loss of the season. SVSU by 17

Wayne St. @ Quincy - In my opinion (however good that may or may not be) Wayne has 4 games left on their schedule with any chance of a win. This is one of those four but Quincy has looked improved so its probably the least likely of the four. Quincy has put up some points this year but the level of competition has been an unknown at this point. The Wayne D has really struggled so that will be a key matchup in this one. I don't have much trust in Wayne going on the road and pulling out this win. Quincy by 20. (Sidenote - Quincy's setup is small is small but I think they have done a good job with it so if any Wayne fans make their way down there id be interested in how it seems in person)

Ferris St. @ Ashland - Unfortunately I don't see this game being as good as the Ashland FSU tilts have been in recent years. It appears the offense at Ashland has took a bigger step down this year than most have anticipated. The few teams that have had success against Ferris in the past few years have done it mostly by trying to beat them through the air. Now they may come out and change my opinion but I haven't seen enough from the Ashland passing game to give me much confidence. Week 2 with Campbell on the other side of the ball figures to have the Ferris offense clicking a little more. I like the bulldogs in this one. FSU by 21.

Comment

Grand Valley State
                      Davenport
                      Saginaw Valley
                      Quincy
                      Ferris State

Comment

Grand Valley St @ Northwood

Davenport @ Northern Mich.

Michigan Tech @ Saginaw Valley

Wayne St. @ Quincy

Ferris St. @ Ashland

Comment

Woodbury and bankslaker had the first perfect weeks of the year, standings after week three:

Gliac_fan10 19-3

KleShreen 18-4
                          Josephs 18-4
                          Jaywawkdaddy 18-4

WOLaker 17-5

AFHusky 16-6

bankslaker 13-1

NewEraWarrior 12-2
                          DawgUp 12-2

MrAllendale616 8-1

lakerblue 6-2

Woodbury 5-0