Comment

Davenport
                  Ashland
                  Grand Valley St.
                  Ferris

Saginaw Valley

Comment

Sep 28

Lindenwood @ Davenport - Again I find myself with the Davenport game being the most difficult pick of the week. Last week it was more due to the fact that I just didn't trust the sample size for Davenport but this week I think that it is due to the quality of opponent. Home field/road trip is not going to be a big factor in this one, its actually a pretty reasonable drive from St Charles to GR. Lindenwood but up a respectable effort vs FCS powerhouse Eastern Washington and had Midwestern State going to overtime had they not had an XP blocked in the 4th Q. Their least impressive game has been against William Jewell where they only won by 12 points. Lindenwood will compete for league titles with their move to the GLVC. The Davenport offense appeared to be much improved from game 1 to game 2 and you always know that they are going to play some great defense. I think its the third straight week I have said this, but Deondre Ford is the deciding factor in this one. If he can play mistake free football and make some plays in the second level with his legs and arm then Davenport has a great shot to get their third win. Im not sure what it is but something is just telling me to take the Lions in a mild upset in this one. LU by 3

Ashland @ Northwood - Northwood still looking for its first win on the season but is in the midst of the brutal part of their schedule. Ashland is looking to bounce back from their second loss. Not often Ashland is sitting with a 1-2 record but the will look to even it up heading into another big road match-up at GVSU. Both offenses have had their struggles so far this season so both teams have been relying on their stronger defenses to stay in games so far. QB play will be something to watch in this one. For Northwood it will be if they can find a way to be effective with the rotation and Ashland is looking for Brenner to get comfortable and settle in with the new personnel around him. I think this leads to a lower scoring affair with Ashland pulling out the road win. AU by 16.

Grand Valley St. @ Michigan Tech - Tech gets their long awaited first home game of the season but the tough draw of their schedule continues with GV rolling into Houghton. There is going to be a lot going on with homecoming, GVSU and the first home game tied all into one. Tech will look for some of that UP style football that they have beat GV with at home in the past. The GVSU defense is going to be stout as always and will look to improve in their biggest area where they lack, turnovers, against Will Ark who has thrown 6 picks already this season. The offense at GV seems to be starting to find its groove with Peterson at QB, the emergence of Anderson has helped. Tech will put up a great fight but too much GV talent in this one. GV by 21.

Northern Mich. @ Ferris St. - Things have turned down hill for Northern after a promising win to start the season. Ferris is still working through some of the kinks that come with a missed offseason by a QB but seem like things are starting to roll. Northern has struggled on defense in both of their losses and I wonder where they are going to get explosive plays from this season on offense. Ferris is coming off of a physical battle last week and had to avoid any time of hangover this week. Northern almost got Ferris in the past in a hangover game but I think the programs have headed further in opposite directions. Ferris is going to light up the scoreboard in this one on the way to a big win. Ferrris by 34.

Saginaw Valley @ Wayne St. (Mich.) - Sanginaw finds themselves in a really good spot right now, and that is because they have been playing some solid football and have been taking advantages of opportunities given them in the course of their games. Wayne really impressed me last week and showed that they have a little more to them than most thought (myself included). This provides the opportunity for the Warriors to show if they are going to be good enough to compete in most of their GLIAC games or if Quincy was just that bad. I lean more towards the former but I guess we will find out this week. I don't however see where enough points are going to come from the Warrior offense to win this one. Sagniaw one of the better defenses in this leauge and Sanginaw is bound to score at a decent clip versus the Wayne D. Saginaw stays unblemished in this one. SV by 20.

Comment

Lindenwood @ Davenport

Ashland @ Northwood

Grand Valley St. @ Michigan Tech

Northern Mich. @ Ferris St.

Saginaw Valley @ Wayne St. (Mich.)

Comment

Yikes, SVSU. Yikes.
                        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                          Yikes, SVSU. Yikes.
                          Absolutely. Tough 2 games coming up against 2 rivals. Could be 3-3 going into the 2nd half of the season.

Comment

Standings after week 4:

Gliac_fan10 22-5
                            Josephs 22-5

KleShreen 21-6
                            WOLaker 21-6

jawyhawkdaddy 18-4

NewEraWarrior 16-3
                            DawgUp 16-3

AFHusky 16-6

bankslaker 13-1

MrAllendale616 12-2