Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
    In a conference as tough as the GLIAC a coach that's good enough to produce a 1 or 2 loss team is good enough to win it all. MM is good enough but he has a Jayru problem, we all do :). GV has championship talent and so does Ferris but Ferris has Jayru the Damaga (Hip Hop fans may get that reference) so either find a scheme to neutralize him or Ya playin yaself.

Seriously though this is Jayru's last year so I'd hang on to MM because even if you were to capture lightning in a bottle and hire the perfect replacement it will take him 2 or 3 years to get to the NC (Kerwin Bell was in his third year VSU last year), he might even do it sooner but the sooner he got that NC the sooner he will be hired away. GV has the perfect D2 coach, I put Coach Mitchell in a category with Coach Dean (VSU's former coach and current HC of UWG). They do it right, turning boys into good men & football players, with a few even going to the NFL, in addition their teams are continually among the best in the country.

Dean has two NC's and I'd bet dollars to donuts that MM will get a couple before he's done, meanwhile you have a stable program, The model of D2.

Comment

Mind you GV is right there, they are one of a handful of teams that could win it, maybe MM could be a bit more of a riverboat gambler.

Message to Coach Mitchell - Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Comment

I don't know about Ferris not being a championship contender without Jayru. People are sleeping on this year's defense and it's probably the best they have had since my son arrived in 2016. Defense does still win championships

Comment

Before we all get too excited about the GVSU offense and how we should sit the starting QB lets just take a deep breath and play the way back machine for a while. EITHER of the GVSU QBs will have a lot of learning to do going forward. Remember back in 2004 when our starting QB went 13-26 with 2 picks when SVSU took out the then rated number 1 Lakers? How about the very next week when that same QB went 19-41 with FIVE picks as Northwood beat the Lakers 35-14...the calls from the stands were really loud to sit that idiot down and put in Dock. Ya know everyone always loves the back up guy...and in all truth maybe that IS the best guy for GVSU going forward...I suspect the coaching staff will figure that out soon enough one way or another...but remember these two bad games came in that rotten QBs 7th start....about the same as the guy we have now...and a few more than the back up guy...So before we all start to line up the deck chairs on a sinking ship how about we give these guys a little support and maybe just maybe they will get this going. Our young Oline is really making some nice progress...the Tight ends are doing much better and the D..well they just play their butts off and are getting even better.

Also is the GLIAC a tougher conference now than in 2004? Yea...I think we all would agree on that since we did the purge and ejected those losers back the GMAC where they can play for ribbons and participation awards...was Delta a tough game? yea...they are pretty good...Ashland? solid...SVSU? Yea real solid.

My point is the sky is not falling at GVSU..we will be just fine...can you imagine our running game when all these guys get healthy at one time? Maybe its time to run the wishbone again..LOL...Kidding...ok maybe not kidding...good lord these running backs are good.

So lighten up Francis, this is far from over. Was is over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell NO...

O BTW that lousy QB ended up being pretty good...Superman wore #16. If you dont know who he is then you really dont know jack about Laker Football. See ya all in Marquette. Anchor UP!

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
            Before we all get too excited about the GVSU offense and how we should sit the starting QB lets just take a deep breath and play the way back machine for a while. EITHER of the GVSU QBs will have a lot of learning to do going forward. Remember back in 2004 when our starting QB went 13-26 with 2 picks when SVSU took out the then rated number 1 Lakers? How about the very next week when that same QB went 19-41 with FIVE picks as Northwood beat the Lakers 35-14...the calls from the stands were really loud to sit that idiot down and put in Dock. Ya know everyone always loves the back up guy...and in all truth maybe that IS the best guy for GVSU going forward...I suspect the coaching staff will figure that out soon enough one way or another...but remember these two bad games came in that rotten QBs 7th start....about the same as the guy we have now...and a few more than the back up guy...So before we all start to line up the deck chairs on a sinking ship how about we give these guys a little support and maybe just maybe they will get this going. Our young Oline is really making some nice progress...the Tight ends are doing much better and the D..well they just play their butts off and are getting even better.

Also is the GLIAC a tougher conference now than in 2004? Yea...I think we all would agree on that since we did the purge and ejected those losers back the GMAC where they can play for ribbons and participation awards...was Delta a tough game? yea...they are pretty good...Ashland? solid...SVSU? Yea real solid.

My point is the sky is not falling at GVSU..we will be just fine...can you imagine our running game when all these guys get healthy at one time? Maybe its time to run the wishbone again..LOL...Kidding...ok maybe not kidding...good lord these running backs are good.

So lighten up Francis, this is far from over. Was is over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell NO...

O BTW that lousy QB ended up being pretty good...Superman wore #16. If you dont know who he is then you really dont know jack about Laker Football. See ya all in Marquette. Anchor UP!
            Not arguing your point, but in 2004, Finnerty was also a freshman (or maybe sophomore?). Kotopka is in his 4th or 5th year. There isn't much improvement left to be had. By now, you know what you have in him.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Comment

My point isnt that anyone is another Finnerty...my point is that both of the QBs have had limited game time experience and both will get better as they mature with IN GAME experience...there is nothing like the real game in a practice session. And some picks are not the fault of the QB...anyone that has ever played the game knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

My point isnt that anyone is another Finnerty...my point is that both of the QBs have had limited game time experience and both will get better as they mature with IN GAME experience...there is nothing like the real game in a practice session. And some picks are not the fault of the QB...anyone that has ever played the game knows that.
                  The last time GV had more interceptions than passing TD's this far in to the season was 1984 when the team went 0-10.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

The last time GV had more interceptions than passing TD's this far in to the season was 1984 when the team went 0-10.
                    Well good thing this isnt 1984. 5-1 against some pretty decent teams so far. I agree that at this point there is a lot of football to be played and I believe coach MItchell has said in his comments that the offense still has a lot of growth ahead of it. I hightly doubt we will see another Cullen at this point and time but this team is young on offense and is going to keep getting better each week.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
                      but Rich Wright has now entered the exact same boat).
                      Not usually one to pat myself on the back but I hit this one too squarely on the head not to haha.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X