Comment

GVSU - 35
        svsu - 28

Comment

We have a hard time putting the game away - 5-1

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

Happened to me a couple times but not in a long time
            Luckily finally got it back right before the last drive.. missed almost the entire second half.

GVSU sure likes playing with fire this season. Besides their first game the rest have been decided in the final seconds. They will look to NMU to hopefully relieve some of that.

Great effort by SVSU, they always play hard in the BOV. Their offense definitely continues to improve. That WSU loss looms large with Ashland and Ferris still to come. I think if they play like they did tonight they will beat Ashland. I thought GVSU played better tonight overall than last week (the INTs not withstanding)

Comment

Agreed - the young O is a work in progress - we still don't attack the middle until we have to - young line, young QB, lots to learn

Comment

Agreed - the young O is a work in progress - we still don't attack the middle until we have to - young line, young QB, lots to learn
                We do attack the middle, but Kotopka keeps throwing the ball to linebackers right in front of his face. Tonight seemed to be a classic example of why GV *doesn't* go in the middle.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

That was a late throw over the middle - when we throw in rhythum to the slanting receiver or TE we do well

Comment

Kotopka may not be the answer...

Comment

Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 10-12-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
                          Why keep playing him?

Comment

Asking a question is not picking so no problem - yes, im talking about the intermediate passing game but that includes backs swinging out of the backfield - receivers across the middle and up the seam, the TE up the seam - yes, deep seam/post throws are great - no problem with sideline passes to shake things up as well - I guess I am suggesting to use all that is available to us and that means throwing to backs, TE as well as our receivers - it was just very clear that in the two late game drives we moved the ball and scored throwing down the middle - short, 15 yard passes and then a stretch pass to score - just my observation from a guy on the offensive side of the ball - great running by the young TB

Comment

Statistically they were better every year with Morrison as the OC except for 2014 then with Ginn as OC. There could be a minor problem.

Comment

Asking a question is not picking so no problem - yes, im talking about the intermediate passing game but that includes backs swinging out of the backfield - receivers across the middle and up the seam, the TE up the seam - yes, deep seam/post throws are great - no problem with sideline passes to shake things up as well - I guess I am suggesting to use all that is available to us and that means throwing to backs, TE as well as our receivers - it was just very clear that in the two late game drives we moved the ball and scored throwing down the middle - short, 15 yard passes and then a stretch pass to score - just my observation from a guy on the offensive side of the ball - great running by the young TB
                                I figured, thanks for the clarification Billy. I would agree they have very limited play calling in this area. They do seem to have it in their arsenal because they use in at times in the RZ and especially close to the GL. One would think they could conceivably expand that to the middle of the field.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X