Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nineteen Ferris State Football Standouts Named All-GLIAC.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nineteen Ferris State Football Standouts Named All-GLIAC.

Not just underdogs but huuuuuge underdogs.
    I'm predicting a running clock in the second half.
    My poor Dawgs........

Comment

Originally posted by The Looter View Post
      Not just underdogs but huuuuuge underdogs.
      I'm predicting a running clock in the second half.
      My poor Dawgs........
      You'd still be underdogs even if everyone was healthy in my opinion. Ferris don't know how to win the really big playoff games. They almost got beat by a GAC team for goodness sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Football for life View Post
        Can you dig it!

Nineteen Ferris State Football Standouts Named All-GLIAC and Bulldogs Earn Three Major Awards.

Big Rapids, Mich. - Ninteen members of the nationally second-ranked Ferris State University football program were named today to the 2018 All-Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) squad and the Bulldogs had three major award recipients as announced by the league office.

Seventh-year FSU head coach Tony Annese garnered GLIAC Coach of the Year accolades after leading FSU to the conference championship while junior quarterback Jayru Campbell (Detroit/Cass Tech) was tabbed as the GLIAC Player of the Year. FSU senior offensive tackle Devon Johnson (Aurora, Ill.) received the GLIAC's Offensive Lineman of the Year honor.

The Bulldogs had seven individuals named to the All-GLIAC First Team, including both Campbell and Johnson. The others included redshirt freshman wide receiver Sy Barnett (Williamston), senior offensive guard Nic Sawyer (Ann Arbor), junior defensive end Austin Edwards (Lansing), junior defensive back Delon Stephenson (Sayreville, N.J.) and sophomore linebacker Sam Heyboer (Grand Rapids.).

FSU also had six others receive All-GLIAC Second Team recognition in sophomore back Marvin Campbell (Detroit), junior offensive guard Tyler Allison (Clinton Township), senior defensive tackle Jamil Pollard (West Deptford, N.J.), junior defensive back Adrian Green (Ellenwood, Ga.), junior linebacker Avonte Bell (Lansing) and junior returner Dion Earls (Chicago).

Six other Bulldogs earned All-GLIAC Honorable Mention recognition in sophomore center Jake Boonstra (Grand Rapids) along with junior defensive tackle Sam Girodat (Jackson), senior receiver Keyondre Craig (Muskegon), sophomore defensive back Cyntell Williams (Battle Creek), junior slot Jevon Shaw (Farmington Hills) and senior back Derrick Portis (Lompoc, Calif.).

Named the GLIAC's Coach of the Year, Annese led the Bulldogs to their third unbeaten regular-season and league championship in the past five years this season. As the nation's winningest active head coach, he guided FSU to a perfect 11-0 mark, including an 8-0 run in the GLIAC. Annese also directed the Bulldogs to their fifth consecutive NCAA Division II Playoff appearance, which matches FSU's 1990's run for the longest streak in school history. The Bulldogs notched their fifth-straight year with 11 or more wins and are one of only two Division II schools to reach the postseason each of the past five seasons. Under Annese, the Bulldogs also ranked among the national leaders in virtually every offensive category while the defense overcame the loss of 10 starters from a year ago.

The GLIAC Player of the Year, Campbell has made the most of his first season as FSU's starting quarterback, leading the Bulldogs to their first unbeaten regular-season and conference title since 2015. A Harlon Hill Trophy candidate, Campbell leads all quarterbacks nationally in rushing yardage and is among the nation's leaders in points responsible for, passing effiency, scoring and total offense. The standout QB has completed nearly 60% of his passes for 2,368 yards while running for a team-best 1,162 yards and 19 TD's in regular-season action. Behind his play, FSU has earned a fifth-straight NCAA Division II Playoff appearance as one of the region's top two teams. Campbell has accounted for 42 touchdowns while helping FSU rank among the national leaders in total offense, rushing and scoring this season.

Finally, the GLIAC's Offensive Lineman of the Year Johnson has played a key role in helping the Bulldogs earn a fifth-straight NCAA Division II Playoff appearance. As the squad's starting left tackle, the NFL prospect has made 51 consecutive starts for the Bulldogs, which represents a school all-time mark and is believed to be the longest streak by a Division II player in the past decade. Johnson has played a pivotal role for a Bulldog offense that ranks among the national leaders in scoring, rushing and total offense. As the backside protector for Harlon Hill Trophy candidate Jayru Campbell, Johnson earned All-GLIAC recognition for the third consecutive campaign as one of the squad's leaders up front. His play helped FSU notch its third unbeaten regular-season and GLIAC Championship in the past five seasons.
        Congratulations to all the GLIAC Award winners..tough conference and if you are these lists you have done some great work. Same thing to the All Academic teams which will follow. We can be *******s on here at times but anyone that does not salute the hard work of these student athletes is not really a fan at all.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
          Yeah for any rules inquiries see Klee. For the Ferris junk, eh who cares :P
          Do you know where these rules are posted I need something to read with weekend and it sounds riveting.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
            Do you know where these rules are posted I need something to read with weekend and it sounds riveting.
            You may not want to. I'm thinking that there is some math in those rules...As I said, math is everywhere.:crying:

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
              You may not want to. I'm thinking that there is some math in those rules...As I said, math is everywhere.:crying:
              Yea then forget it..NO MATH...Brandon promised me NO MATH

Comment

Sounds like GVSU is not secure in its prestige as it finds trouble in acknowledging the great accomplishments of Ferris State Football.

Wake up GV Poppets you are showing your true colors, whine, cry, kick the dirt you know who owns you.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                  Klee can send you a nice little PDF file. Makes for some great bathroom reading.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                    GV probably would have won if they played an ineligible transfer against Ferris. :wink:
                    You seriously need to listen to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                      Might as well start doing that. The NCAA has made it clear that you can do so with little to no consequences.
                      Do live with Kle?

Date?

Comment

How can you have nearly 1400 posts and no one, not even one person like anything you have posted?

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                          I don't believe I've seen any GV posters disparaging Ferris' success. On the contrary, actually. Most of the GV posters on the board are very quick to point out the success of Ferris over GV, considering most of the GV posters on the board want the GV coach fired. I'm not sure where the narrative that it is being ignored or not accepted by GV posters is coming from.

I made my post, because this has been a problem for years. Usually it was bulldog doing it. But this board doesn't exist to copy/paste the releases from schools. People can go to the school or conference website and see that. Do you not see how annoying this board would become if all people did was take the most recent release from their school's website and copy/pasted it here? What's the point? This board exists for opinions and discussion, not to read what was already put on the athletics website the day or week before. And it is only Ferris posters which do this, I assume because they have a "please like my team!" complex or something.
                          Are you for real?

Do you run one of those Recreational and Medical Marijuana Stores?

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                            How can you have nearly 1400 posts and no one, not even one person like anything you have posted?
                            Well Pee-boy.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
                              Klee can send you a nice little PDF file. Makes for some great bathroom reading.
                              Yo Kle bet you can find a ton or maybe a couple of tons of GV Football Program's left in the student section and your general seating section after the third quarter when Ferris State come's into Lubbbbeerrr stadium and put a whooping on yr A?? year after year......

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X