Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU.Wayne St.

Wow...what an amazing comeback for the Eagles but the kicking game lets them down. AU comes back from 28 down with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, ties the game, only to lose it in OT due to a missed fg and a blocked extra point. Kudos to WSU. They were the better team for a large portion of the game. AU couldn't slow them down and they dominated the line of scrimmage. The only thing I couldn't understand is not spying Austin Brenner on every play. Brenner was running wild! 199 yards rushing for the AU qb. Another huge hook up with Logan Bolin on a 4th down with 30 seconds left to get the game to overtime.

Here's what I don't understand. In OT, Wayne St misses a fg. AU has all the momentum. Warriors have been on the field the entire 4th quarter and they are tired. Brenner is carving them up. What do we do...run the ball up the middle 3 straight downs. You know what happens when you play for a field goal...you MISS IT! Satchel Denton had missed practice time with a bad back and missed a kick earlier in the game. Despite that, Lee Owens plays it conservative and the kid misses a 31 yard kick. Then he kicks one low in OT and gets blocked and WSU wins 42-41.

Look, AU isn't going anywhere this year. The Eagles OLine can't protect and our secondary get torched almost every week. We are a 7-8 win team. What sucks is for Brenner to once again lead an unbeliever comeback, even more spectacular that at GVSU. 28 points down and he leads AU to 34 straight points and 612 yards in offense and we can't get the job done because of missed kicks.
    This is D2. No one has Justin Tucker kicking for them. You don't run it three times when you've got the defense reeling assuming the kick is a sure thing. Big mistake and it cost AU the game.

Wow - au with another 4th Qtr comeback and dbl wow wsu wins it - I think most coaches with your kicker would expect him to make a 30 yrd FG and play it that way - he's a very good

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X