Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings

First Regional Rankings are out. Only Ferris and GV from the GLIAC. A lot of football left to play but interesting to see if GV loses to Ferris, can they get in with 2 losses..

SUPER REGION THREE
    1 Ferris St. 7-0 8-0
    2 Central Mo. 8-0 8-0
    3 UIndy 7-0 7-0
    4 Ouachita Baptist 8-0 8-0
    5 Harding 7-1 7-1
    6 Northwest Mo. St. 7-1 7-1
    7 Grand Valley St. 5-1 7-1
    8 Missouri Western 6-2 6-2
    9 Fort Hays St. 6-2 6-2
    10 Henderson St.

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
    First Regional Rankings are out. Only Ferris and GV from the GLIAC. A lot of football left to play but interesting to see if GV loses to Ferris, can they get in with 2 losses..

SUPER REGION THREE
    1 Ferris St. 7-0 8-0
    2 Central Mo. 8-0 8-0
    3 UIndy 7-0 7-0
    5 Harding 7-1 7-1
    9 Fort Hays St. 6-2 6-2
    10 Henderson St.
    Well, by then, I'm guessing Missouri Western, Fort Hays, Henderson will all have 3 losses, and if not, GV will have 1 of their losses be to the #1 team in the region.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

SUPER REGION THREE
      1 Ferris St. 7-0 8-0
      2 Central Mo. 8-0 8-0
      3 UIndy 7-0 7-0
      5 Harding 7-1 7-1
      9 Fort Hays St. 6-2 6-2
      10 Henderson St.
      Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Well, by then, I'm guessing Missouri Western, Fort Hays, Henderson will all have 3 losses, and if not, GV will have 1 of their losses be to the #1 team in the region.
      Barring Big Upsets:

MIAA
      - Mo West is the least likely to lose, they have Pitt State left as their only tough game
      - Hays and NW still play, as do NW and C MO

GLVC
      - Indy still plays Truman, which is probably the hypothetical 11 or 12 seed right now

GAC
      -Harding has basically punched their ticket, 7-1 and already played the other top 3 teams
      ??????- Henderson (7-1) still plays Ouachita and So Ark (also 7-1, hypothetical 11 or 12), So Ark and Ouachita also still play

- In my opinion if Ouachita wins those two games, NW beats Hays and Indy beats Truman then the 7 teams in now are the 7 teams in after week 11 regardless of any other results (those results would just effect seeding)... if any of these games go the other way it gets real interesting, especially if FSU beats GV
      Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 10-28-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

Barring Big Upsets:

MIAA
        - Mo West is the least likely to lose, they have Pitt State left as their only tough game
        - Hays and NW still play, as do NW and C MO

GLVC
        - Indy still plays Truman, which is probably the hypothetical 11 or 12 seed right now

GAC
        -Harding has basically punched their ticket, 7-1 and already played the other top 3 teams
        ??????- Henderson (7-1) still plays Ouachita and So Ark (also 7-1, hypothetical 11 or 12), So Ark and Ouachita also still play

- In my opinion if Ouachita wins those two games, NW beats Hays and Indy beats Truman then the 7 teams in now are the 7 teams in after week 11 regardless of any other results (those results would just effect seeding)... if any of these games go the other way it gets real interesting, especially if FSU beats GV
        I just think that as of right now, there is probably a canyon-sized gap between #5 and #6. Harding's one loss is to the #4 team. NW and GV's losses are to teams that are not even going to sniff the regional rankings at any point. But we'll see, I guess. GV is going to have a problem in that their home schedule is going to be far weaker than their road schedule, just like in 2017, when they had 3 losses to teams who had a combined 2 losses between them, and were all ranked in the top 10 in the country, all on the road. But they got penalized because even though their 3 losses were all on the road, that meant all their home victories were against weak teams, which they got penalized for. Almost as if it would have been better if they lost to those 3 teams at home. AND they're going to have a problem in that their SOS in general is going to be among the worst in the country. Right now it is in the 130's out of 167 teams based on past games. It gets a slight bump if you look at future opponents, but only up in to the 120's. Having Edinboro, Delta, and William Jewell all in the same year is going to be brutal come the final regional rankings. They're a combined 7-16 right now, AND all those wins are going to be at home, where they mean less. If GV ends up at 2 losses, along with MoWest, Hays, NWMS, Henderson, and So Ark, it kinda feels like GV is going to be below all of them based on SOS. Right now, they're all projected to finish ahead of GV in SOS.
        Last edited by KleShreen; 10-28-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I think your region is by far the toughest ... hard to get a spot for playoffs.
          <>

Comment

I just think that as of right now, there is probably a canyon-sized gap between #5 and #6. Harding's one loss is to the #4 team. NW and GV's losses are to teams that are not even going to sniff the regional rankings at any point. But we'll see, I guess. GV is going to have a problem in that their home schedule is going to be far weaker than their road schedule, just like in 2017, when they had 3 losses to teams who had a combined 2 losses between them, and were all ranked in the top 10 in the country, all on the road. But they got penalized because even though their 3 losses were all on the road, that meant all their home victories were against weak teams, which they got penalized for. Almost as if it would have been better if they lost to those 3 teams at home. AND they're going to have a problem in that their SOS in general is going to be among the worst in the country. Right now it is in the 130's out of 167 teams based on past games. It gets a slight bump if you look at future opponents, but only up in to the 120's. Having Edinboro, Delta, and William Jewell all in the same year is going to be brutal come the final regional rankings. They're a combined 7-16 right now, AND all those wins are going to be at home, where they mean less. If GV ends up at 2 losses, along with MoWest, Hays, NWMS, Henderson, and So Ark, it kinda feels like GV is going to be below all of them based on SOS. Right now, they're all projected to finish ahead of GV in SOS.
            That would balance out against the year that GV was the best 6-5 team in the country.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Yeah, so lets just beat Ferris and then the math to get in is a whole lot easier for GVSU.

Comment

Well, I think one of the biggest factors is who you beat. I don't think the committee cares at all who you lose to. If you have the #1 and #2 teams in the country on your schedule, and you lose to them both but don't beat any ranked teams, I think you're going to end up ranking much lower than the team that loses to two unranked teams, but beats the #5 team in the country.

Comment

Now you got me riled again. Ask Kevin Buisman about SOS, and who loses or doesn't lose, and what the committee "cares" about

Comment

Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 11-02-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X