Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's my sincere prayer that MM stays in Allendale for the next 20 years. I am a huge fan

Comment

Are there any signs that TA might get poached out of Ferris, especially if they get to/win the Natty this year?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

really? she is all about athletic success? what or whom told you that?

Comment

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post
          Are there any signs that TA might get poached out of Ferris, especially if they get to/win the Natty this year?
          I'm gonna say no. There was some buzz that he was on CMU's shortlist last year, but they obviously went a different direction. Whether that was because they didn't want to wait until mid-December to start recruiting or because it was a win-and-in type deal I can't say for sure, but there are certainly non-football reasons to consider as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post

Grand Valley has a new president as well and she is all about athletic's success. Could be the same boat???

Comment

I hope Matt Mitchell is on the hot seat. I wouldn't mind grabbing Peter Stuursma out of Hope if he's available. Got the Flying Dutchmen to their first playoff appearance since 2006 this season

Comment

Comment

I like Stuursma idea too! Local guy, good mind for the game. Good energy to the program! Interesting.

Comment

Wasn't Postma a final candidate at NMU last time it was open? I wonder if he'll take a run at it again.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by MrAllendale616 View Post
                      I hope Matt Mitchell is on the hot seat. I wouldn't mind grabbing Peter Stuursma out of Hope if he's available. Got the Flying Dutchmen to their first playoff appearance since 2006 this season
                      Stuursma would be a nice hire. He won seven state championships at EGR and has gone 32-8 at Hope College with the playoffs to come. He's a lot like Annese in that he's just an all-around great head coach that wins wherever he goes. This season Hope has averaged 46.6 points per game. They have scored 80, 79, 52, 51, and 49 points this season. Their 27-21 loss to Milliken was their only setback and lowest scoring game. Stuursma is young though and I'm sure he would move up the ranks if he has success here, but I would take 5 years of high level play and competing at the national level vs 10 years of 8-3, 9-2 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

Stuursma would be a nice hire. He won seven state championships at EGR and has gone 32-8 at Hope College with the playoffs to come. He's a lot like Annese in that he's just an all-around great head coach that wins wherever he goes. This season Hope has averaged 46.6 points per game. They have scored 80, 79, 52, 51, and 49 points this season. Their 27-21 loss to Milliken was their only setback and lowest scoring game. Stuursma is young though and I'm sure he would move up the ranks if he has success here, but I would take 5 years of high level play and competing at the national level vs 10 years of 8-3, 9-2 seasons.
                        I wonder how money plays into this: Both on recruiting and staff numbers. In HS recruiting does matter a ton and I might think the same holds for a place like Hope. Not saying it doesn't matter in D2, but restrictions and $$ come into play more. Not to mention, what the salaries are for the staff at Hope these days.

Comment

Comment

Svsu should of hired Postma
                            Last edited by svsu; 11-20-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by svsu View Post
                              Svsu should of hired Postma but instead they let their president run their coach search because they do not have an actual athletic director.
                              Wait..wait... isn't he from a great coaching tree? (Saggy's coach?)

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X